Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v hull

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter

He’s got 4 games to turn it round I think.

we cannot lose sight of the fact that the whole club is skint and has a cloud of doubt hanging over it and we have spent FUCK all.

There’ll be the usual folk creeping out of the woodwork saying they told us he wasn’t the man from day one etc etc. But they are just tedious and even a broken clock is right twice a day.

The start to the season buys him more time, but not loads.

Edited by Spider

13 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Apart from his miss Donaldson had a cracker well tone lad 

I’m trying to take positives from our domination of the game bit the bottom line is we have lost to a piss poor tram 

Trains are shite

Now we've piss poor trams

We're fucked I tell ya

Nobody can accuse Parky of not setting up with an attacking line up, but both Olkowski and Dyer were anonymous and Oztumer flattered to deceive and all of a sudden we’re struggling. 

Donaldson worked his arse off and was our best player for me but really should have scored in the first half.

Williams can fuck right off, awful technique every time he receives the ball, failing to open his body up so always has to send it back in the same direction. 

Credit to Alnwick for his second half save though I though he could have done better on the goal, albeit let down by those in front of him. There were three players around the ball when it was crossed in and Williams fell asleep on the man coming in. 

Set pieces were a big feature of when we came up from from League One but they’re a nightmare at the minute, wish I had a quid every time we failed to clear the first man. 

All in all, quite a few positive signs but still fuck all points in reality against a side who were pretty awful - I certainly wouldn’t be screaming for Adkins if Parky goes as has been suggested on Twitter. 

Hull didn’t have to do much to win

we offered little in the 2nd half in their box

Keep this formation/idea for a while, though, and there is some potential 

That said, we might have a new manager with different ideas.

Edited by boltondiver

Played alright today.

wave finally discovered how to put balls into our strikers without it being 4 foot over their heads.

drilled into feet or chest level enabling Donaldson and doidge to lay off to those supporting.

Funny how we had a middle 3 of vela Everton lad and oztumer and we weren’t wide open. Thought that’s how it worked?

• Site Supporter

Plenty of effort but lack of quality and/or confidence made us look poor.

Hull were the worst side we’ve played at home since we came back up yet looked more like scoring than us.

180 minutes this week and the opposition keeper has not had a decent save to make. We got 6 points from them 2 games last season, need to make them up from somewhere.

Feeling flat as a pancake rather than angry or upset. Maybe a fresh start will suit us all. I’d love Parky to turn it around but I believe that ship sailed out of dock today

Sat on the fence for parky in or out.

hull were dire, worst team we have played at home, but they had the best 2 chances.  Albeit the goal was awful defending (just seen it again) - can't blame parky for that, similar to missed pen last week.

thought oz was the bright spark from today, not afraid to shoot and won the ball off them numerous times.

great move for the Donaldson miss, need to be hitting the target.  

Final ball and decision making is still crap.  We are on a shite run, finished last season on a shite run - but, we are still 4 points above the zone nearly a third of the season in.  I would have taken 4th bottom at the start of the season, without the last day drama.

but 0 goals in the last 4 at home and 1 win in 11.

who would you bring in to improve things with no cash and more importantly, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.  I am sure it hasn't been for the faint hearted.

In isolation that was quite a positive performance, we controlled most of the game but lacked any quality to get a proper grip on things.

But we just know Parky being Parky, there’s not a cat in hells change he will stick with it. It will be another 5-6 changes for villa. 

5 changes one week, 5 the next, 7 the week after that just doesn’t bode well and the players haven’t the foggiest what they are supposed to be doing. Today just seemed a desperate attempt to try and attack a game when deep down we all know the manager wanted to play one up top and defend all game but knew his neck was on the the line.

I got the feeling today, the fans have had enough. The players are no longer running through brick walls for the cause either. 

Its all stale as fuck. Apathy the reigning supreme and its gonna take some twist of fate to turn this around for the manager.

He deserves time, he needs Sammy back and he needs a result pronto because there weren’t that many bastions of support for him there today. 

The place is flat as a fiddle and that’s only down to one thing. 

Last season we didn’t have the players to change style. (Particularly defenders and midfield)

it was boot it or nothing.

now we have a right mixture of players.

Defenders comfortable on the ball.

mixture of centre midfielders

wingers

various centre forwards.

any new manager has a lot more to work with and can impose a variety of styles.

Thought we were crying out for Magennis a lot sooner. 

Doidge, while he wins a few headers doesn’t offer what Parkinson wants in a forward, therefore seems a bizarre signing.

Not remotely convinced by Wilson, and I think Dyer is not only past it, but only really turned up in two games a season (against us) anyway.

On a side note, the scapegoating of Vela around me in the NSL is unreal. He wasn’t spectacular, but he was far from our worst today. Blamed for absolutely everything.

Oztumer passed it five yards wide of him, “fuck sake Vela”. Beevers twats it at his knees “Vela again!”  Cunts to a man.

Don’t like the idea of getting rid of Parky with a difficult away game ahead. It’s that type of game where he excels. See what happens I suppose. 

If we do bring in someone new, I think a back four inclusive of Olkowski, Hobbs and Wheater (barring injuries) is certainly capable of grinding out enough clean sheets to keep us in the division.

2 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

I know this wont be popular but i think he needs time lets see how we are when injured players back, what he has done over the last 2 years he bloody deserves at least that

Hang on, he's had time, how much longer do you want to give? we cannot afford a relegation, and sorry to say that's where we're heading.

• Moderators

If you're playing 442 at home go with oklowski

If you want a wing back go with little

To do it the other way round was baffling, when he got forward he couldn't cross, when he got back him and Wilson were almost stood on top of each other, he clearly wasn't comfortable in this new position

If by in isolation you mean try and ignore the form of both teams going into it then at a stretch you might be able to say it was ok, if you ignore the defending and the goal hull scored

But you have to take the forest game into account to call it an improvement

KA looked far from impressed at the end

It's got win at villa written all over it

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

If you're playing 442 at home go with oklowski

If you want a wing back go with little

To do it the other way round was baffling, when he got forward he couldn't cross, when he got back him and Wilson were almost stood on top of each other, he clearly wasn't comfortable in this new position

If by in isolation you mean try and ignore the form of both teams going into it then at a stretch you might be able to say it was ok, if you ignore the defending and the goal hull scored

But you have to take the forest game into account to call it an improvement

KA looked far from impressed at the end

It's got win at villa written all over it

I’ll plait piss if we win at Villa