Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brentford away

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I don't know why some are saying this team should be mid table bla bla bla, there's 23 other teams with better forwards than us.

There's probably a few in Leagues 1 & 2 with better forwards than us. I don't remember things being as bleak as this since I started watching in 74. The current football is absolute bobbins.

7 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I don't know why some are saying this team should be mid table bla bla bla, there's 23 other teams with better forwards than us.

Is it always about forwards though, most teams have goal scorers throughout, the way Parkinson sets up from a fear of losing means we are on the back foot from kick off, he's a fucking spineless manager.

13 minutes ago, MickyD said:

There's probably a few in Leagues 1 & 2 with better forwards than us. I don't remember things being as bleak as this since I started watching in 74. The current football is absolute bobbins.

It's got to be the worst Bolton side in over 30 years

1987 Bolton 1 Aldershot 2....Division 4 here we come.

Dark days the 80's and i can feel a sickening similarity with this current crop

7 hours ago, superkev said:

When we have the ball there are 2-3 players harassing us every time. We just stand there and let them play. It’s fucking prehistoric football

That was the case 2nd half at Brentford

We kept trying to move it down the left wing all the time and it was coming to nothing

Brentford were crap but against a team that doesnt threaten it was was game over after their goal; couldnt see but was it offside as it looked to be

Can’t have a go at some fans protesting.

Our fans have been incredibly loyal and patient, despite our club being completely messed around, and slowly decimated again. In most other European leagues, our manager and chairmen would have been given FAR more abuse, than just a couple of youths with a smoke bomb. Maybe we do need to show more defiance against this abysmal excuse of a football club, which Ken has made it into, ie not paying wages etc.- embarrassing. 

Ken and Parky, have been very lucky, that they know our fan base will tolerate our poor form, due to our financial issues, but the fact they are pretty much blaming everything on finances is pathetic. The fans can only tolerate so much.

In summary, the chairman has not been doing his job, which is to run a football club properly, and to find sufficient investment, despite 3 years, 1 promotion, and 2 seasons in the Championship. And also the manager, who is responsible for 1 win in 19 matches, which is abysmal. Both need to go, it’s time for Bolton Wanderers to be run, and treated as a proper football club again, and one that can compete at the level it’s at. 

6 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

It's got to be the worst Bolton side in over 30 years

1987 Bolton 1 Aldershot 2....Division 4 here we come.

Dark days the 80's and i can feel a sickening similarity with this current crop

Finished 2-2. Their last minute goal with Felgate on one leg was an equaliser

The pressure on our defence is immense as all we do is give it away and it comes back time after time.  To defend for 95 minutes is just not possible and at some point you have to give them a break and keep the ball further forward.

only wheater, ameobi and Alnwick looked like they were up for it yesterday.

Brentford  were poor, but how ,many times have we said this and still lost.

as soon as we went behind, all fight just ebbed away.

it tells its own tale when the best chance is an Alnwick header in injury time.

these are dark days and coming away from the ground, to see our fans skulking into the night, spending all that cash a few days before Xmas and putting up with that is hard to take.

on the flip said, doing a job with no certainty of getting paid on time etc must also be hard.

only positive was a great day out seeing loads of lads you know and having a good chat and drink.  Merry Christmas all.

On the football front, i just don't know where we go from here................

These are dark days with the club in absolute turmoil.

Its a rudderless ship with no leadership, being allowed to drift into oblivion and nobody is brave enough to do anything about it.

Were down for certain and the thing is I can see us going down again next season, I really can.

This squad are a bunch of talentless losers with an awful awful Manager.

Surely this current run has got to be one of the worst in the clubs history?

The 80’s will return unfortunately.

Merry Fucking Christmas.

I can assure you that I will be doing everything possible and take whatever actions I think are necessary to ensure that our results improve”

since that quote from Ken we’ve played 9 lost 7 drawn 2 scored 4. 

If that doesn’t warrant him putting whatever money he has where his mouth is then why should he expect any fan to plough more money in? 

Boxing Day, pretty much a guarantee of one of the highest gates of the season & much needed revenue will be a ghost town & rightly so 

24 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I left my seat quietly at the final whistle, and muttered "that was fucking shit:" in a Corbynesque manner, although unlike Corbyn i wasnt caught on camera or seen. 

I didn’t help that the players and coaches had to walk past the fans at the end 

I’m not into chanting for manager and chairman out myself but we have a good fan base who pay top dollar to watch that shite and sad to hear long servers yesterday saying they are done with aways now 

The only passion was shown after the whistle with a square up between a few players

17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Give the place a lift and get shut now. Might just put a few more on for boxing day, and at least change the mood somewhat amongst the fans.

Totally agree with this, it's time to get rid now. Let's stop sitting on our hands and start telling Ken what we want. PARKY OUT!!! 

8 minutes ago, darrener said:

Totally agree with this, it's time to get rid now. Let's stop sitting on our hands and start telling Ken what we want. PARKY OUT!!! 

To get rid, we'll have to pay up his contract, I expect; how do we do that?

I really cannot understand the tolerance from the stands of PP.

Megson got dogs abuse for far far less.

Its an apathy, almost an acceptance of the dire situation and that’s a concern. The fans are understandably tired and downtrodden.

There should be some kind of protest, but the best one is not to waste your time and money I guess. 

It would be nice though to get our collective thoughts voiced and leave the hierarchy under no illusions, that we simply ain’t putting up with it any longer.

Easier said than done but this cannot continue.

1 minute ago, captainmed said:

It would be nice though to get our collective thoughts voiced and leave the hierarchy under no illusions, that we simply ain’t putting up with it any longer.

If only there was a group of people who came together and spoke on behalf of the fans whose best interests were the club. A Trust if you like... 

Just now, captainmed said:

I really cannot understand the tolerance from the stands of PP.

Megson got dogs abuse for far far less.

Its an apathy, almost an acceptance of the dire situation and that’s a concern. The fans are understandably tired and downtrodden.

There should be some kind of protest, but the best one is not to waste your time and money I guess. 

Suppose that’s already being done, someone said yesterday that 5k season ticket holders didn’t turn up against Leeds 

6 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

If only there was a group of people who came together and spoke on behalf of the fans whose best interests were the club. A Trust if you like... 

Get the ST to fund PP's severence if they truly want what's best for club??

Also, where is the Nolan type, one of the players to tell the chairmen exactly how bad the manager is??

PP seems to have players onboard despite it looking bleak to everyone else, how?? Is cult like! Waco Wanderers!!