Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brentford away

radcliffe white

Just now, DomRepWanderer said:

So IF we beat Rotherham would 1 win in 20 be ok in your world? just asking.

It's not my world that counts.

Nor yours either if it comes to that.

Only one man with the power to hire and fire and it's neither of us two.

Wow poor ken and poor Phil. Let's leave them alone! 

Our owner has created an environment that the manager and players seem to really enjoy working in.

Meanwhile I don't think at any other club in the country would you keep your job on the run we are on. PP said they were trying their best yesterday. The bloke has run out of ideas.

In my opinion the ownership is a bigger problem long term as this cycle of shit will never change with ken in charge.

short term he can pot PP as incredibly we have not been left high and dry by the rest and we could have a chance of making a fist of it. Imo this has to be done before Rotherham. You could argue he has been heartless keeping him in a job it's a abundantly obvious he doesn't seem to enjoy anymore in regards to sluffys post

8 minutes ago, tomski said:

Wow poor ken and poor Phil. Let's leave them alone! 

Our owner has created an environment that the manager and players seem to really enjoy working in.

Meanwhile I don't think at any other club in the country would you keep your job on the run we are on. PP said they were trying their best yesterday. The bloke has run out of ideas.

In my opinion the ownership is a bigger problem long term as this cycle of shit will never change with ken in charge.

short term he can pot PP as incredibly we have not been left high and dry by the rest and we could have a chance of making a fist of it. Imo this has to be done before Rotherham. You could argue he has been heartless keeping him in a job it's a abundantly obvious he doesn't seem to enjoy anymore in regards to sluffys post

100% correct. 

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No. Palace have been playing quite well. Create chances and aren't struggling at the bottom with 1 win in 19.

More like Cardiff at home to a shit utd.

You mean that 'shit United' who are sixth place in the richest football league in the world and who have spent £750 million on players in the last five years against newly promoted Cardiff City?

God how shit they really are!

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

You mean that 'shit United' who are sixth place in the richest football league in the world and who have spent £750 million on players in the last five years against newly promoted Cardiff City?

God how shit they really are!

First time they've out run the opposition all season. They've been well below where they should be. Funny how they come good when they sack their manager.

Your comments merely confirm my point.

The better the side the more things go for them.

Palace at least have a go, utilise their strengths, create chances and win some.

Above the relegation zone, with the fans being entertained and largely happy.

That's all folk want; to be doing in the championship what palace of their like are doing in the premier league.

I'd prefer Parky to walk. Keep some dignity for what he's achieved but also recognise that his position is no longer tenable.

I agree with a lot of what Sluffy says re Ken but for a guy who had been pretty open and transparent until recently, he's made 3 decisions that need some clarification/required greater scrutiny 

1 - According to Ken we had two keen potential buyers who had satisfied his criteria and weren't just tyre kickers. A couple of weeks later - they weren't serious bidders. What went on?

2 - He made a comment 9 games ago that he wasn't afraid to make tough decisions. We've gained 2 points since then. What we're those tough decisions.

3 - The Iles stuff. Whatever your viewpoint, it reflected badly on the club.

2 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Do you really believe that the 'new' manager would have the time or even the availability of the players to do things differently, today (Sunday), Christmas Eve (tomorrow) and Christmas Day (Monday) before the game on Tuesday?

What makes you think Parkinson won't win the game if he remains in charge anyway?

Look mate I'm sure you're a decent bloke and maybe you are talking more from emotions than rationale right now but sacking someone (who has a family and kids) immediately before Christmas is a pretty vindictive thing to do - particularly when that person has achieved great results for you in the past and has remained loyal and genuine to you, the club and players whilst untold tons of shit as hit the fan whilst he's been here.

He deserves at least a decent Christmas Day with his family even if you (and others on here) are unable to see that right now.

I think you're more coming from the don't sack him because he's got a family as you elude to a point that we shouldn't sack him as a new manager won't be able to turn it around. Then bring Christmas into it. He's had long before Christmas to turn things around but hasn't 

Maybe the players don't like playing for him and him going gives team a boost. Like i said about the man Utd result (I know) but they would never had scored five goals under Jose currently 

As for PP I bet he's earned more than any of us could imagine (maybe not Jules Darby) in the last year so his family won't be going without presents or a turkey. He's been managing a long time, and been sacked more than once, so knows the score. And gets paid accordingly 

1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

I think you're more coming from the don't sack him because he's got a family as you elude to a point that we shouldn't sack him as a new manager won't be able to turn it around. Then bring Christmas into it. He's had long before Christmas to turn things around but hasn't 

Maybe the players don't like playing for him and him going gives team a boost. Like i said about the man Utd result (I know) but they would never had scored five goals under Jose currently 

As for PP I bet he's earned more than any of us could imagine (maybe not Jules Darby) in the last year so his family won't be going without presents or a turkey. He's been managing a long time, and been sacked more than once, so knows the score. And gets paid accordingly 

I don't think it's that they don't like playing for him, it's more down to his ever changing styles and tactics, and no matter how well you've played you get dropped decisions, the teams getting results are the teams that stick with a system and players in correct positions  on a weekly basis injuries or suspensions aside, Parkinson even after 2 and a bit years still doesn't know his best system or he does but doesn't realise he's way out of his depth.

3 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Maybe not but the law of averages alone says we will win a game sooner or later if Parkinson remains in charge.

Home to Rotherham is as good a time as any.

Wouldn't a law of average have to be based on something scientific? So you could call it a law 

Where's our next win coming from? 

Unless we pick some piss easy pre season friendlies for next season 

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

I think the majority are in agreement that PP has to go. Probably 50/50 divided one month ago, but bar the tank top lovers I reckon it's at least at 98% .... I'm a whizz with a spreadsheet but shit at maths :)

I’d like to be better at XL. No idea how macros work

9 hours ago, captainmed said:

I really cannot understand the tolerance from the stands of PP.

Megson got dogs abuse for far far less.

Its an apathy, almost an acceptance of the dire situation and that’s a concern. The fans are understandably tired and downtrodden.

There should be some kind of protest, but the best one is not to waste your time and money I guess. 

It would be nice though to get our collective thoughts voiced and leave the hierarchy under no illusions, that we simply ain’t putting up with it any longer.

Easier said than done but this cannot continue.

I agree with your sentiments but the megson abuse was easy to do because we simply didn't like the bloke. Parky is a decent bloke, who can't organise a team to attack. Regarding not going to games, its simply too late. 10k season tickets and 2 or 3k away fans guarantees a crowd around 13k most weeks, higher than many teams in this division so it's not going to raise eye brows never mind get rid of a manager.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, tomski said:

you have just broke your own rule? You said he needs to go but didn't name his successor!

is it time to shut the fuck up:D

Thanks for proving my point.

ive never claimed to know the names of these numerous buyers that KA has supposedly turned down to fuel his mission to Mars.

glad you picked up on my point. Everyone seems to know that getting shut is the answer without actually putting their necks on the line and NAMING the next chairman.

i think there isn’t a buyer. Which is why I haven’t named one or said KA should leave. I’d like him to. Partly just so those who insist he should can tell us all that it will miraculously solve the shit

3 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Well you think wrongly then - if I was arguing not to sack him then don't you think I could come up with something a bit better than don't sack him because it's Christmas - that would protect him for less than three weeks at the most - hardly a compelling and persuasive plea from me to keep him in long term employment would it?

No, I have a habit in real life as well as on the internet of saying what I mean (as nicely and politely as possible wherever I can - I'm not here to offend).

I am well aware of the mass displeasure in his management by probably the majority of fans - particularly as the season progresses - and I am well aware that being sacked is part of the 'game' as a football manager, and that he will be paid handsomely in comparison to most people, when he is sacked but what on earth does it benefit anybody to do it with just two days to go to Christmas, apart from being vindictive towards him?

If he was sacked then someone within the club would take over agreed?

That would either be someone like Parkin from Parkinson's own first team staff, or someone, say such as Lee, who is not associated with the first team directly - agreed?

So he's gone and the new 'interim manager has three days to the next scheduled match - however those days are the Sunday following a game - which is traditionally used as a rest day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  In reality what if anything could the new manager do with the players even if he could get them to turn up without ruining their family Christmases?

Steve Parkin or any other of the first team staff would almost certainly set up the team in the same mind frame of their long time friend and boss - and Lee or anyone from outside the first team staff certainly wouldn't implement any major changes without working with the players first - which of course they are likely unable to do with it being a rest and recovery day today, then Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

So what exactly has anyone achieved - a team playing the next match more or less the same way as Parkinson had them playing?

If you are going to sack the manager then at least give the new manager some time to work with the players before his first game in charge if you want to change things around on the pitch.

It's just plain old common sense really isn't it?

Unless you particularly wish to be spiteful then why deliberately fuck the Christmas of his family and kids particularly (even if you can't give a toss about Parkinson) if you really haven't got the time with the players to change anything but the most cursory of things?

38 minutes ago, Spider said:

Thanks for proving my point.

ive never claimed to know the names of these numerous buyers that KA has supposedly turned down to fuel his mission to Mars.

glad you picked up on my point. Everyone seems to know that getting shut is the answer without actually putting their necks on the line and NAMING the next chairman.

i think there isn’t a buyer. Which is why I haven’t named one or said KA should leave. I’d like him to. Partly just so those who insist he should can tell us all that it will miraculously solve the shit

I can understand your frustration but it's a daft argument saying name someone. Are we all supposed to check out CEO black books and name names? It was 1 blokes job and he's failed so far. He even quoted this in the summer.