Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Drinking ale during the match

gonzo

13 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Massive no for me. Just don't need it. And as said above there are too many dicks that would simply see it as funny to start lobbing their pints

How do you know this? If people could drink in their own time rather than force a couple pints down in 10 minute minutes surely that would cause less hassle?

A bit like how extra licensing hours didn't turn everyone into raging pisspots and actually stopped loads of trouble out and about

6 hours ago, tomski said:

How do you know this? If people could drink in their own time rather than force a couple pints down in 10 minute minutes surely that would cause less hassle?

A bit like how extra licensing hours didn't turn everyone into raging pisspots and actually stopped loads of trouble out and about

Only if the pub wanted the extra time 

Loads still don't so you have the same problem 

Edited by DirtySanchez

7 hours ago, tomski said:

I don’t know it mate it’s just my opinion based on a couple of things. Firstly, gigs at stadiums/large arenas that are laddish like football crowds (Oasis, Stone Roses, Courteeners, etc) where beer and piss are flying around. Secondly, if not rights can’t avoid trashing away-allocated pubs what hope in stadiums if allowed to drink freely??

Dont get me wrong, it would be great if it could happen and people behaved but just can’t see it tbh. Just my opinion like 

52 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I don’t know it mate it’s just my opinion based on a couple of things. Firstly, gigs at stadiums/large arenas that are laddish like football crowds (Oasis, Stone Roses, Courteeners, etc) where beer and piss are flying around. Secondly, if not rights can’t avoid trashing away-allocated pubs what hope in stadiums if allowed to drink freely??

Dont get me wrong, it would be great if it could happen and people behaved but just can’t see it tbh. Just my opinion like 

Fair dos. I've just seen it work in Germany and it's not a big deal and people just sup while watching

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Fair dos. I've just seen it work in Germany and it's not a big deal and people just sup while watching

Different culture to the LADS LADS LADS over here though. Was discussing this pre game today and maybe they should let people bring it in to the stands but serve it as low alcohol as is the case in Spain and see if people still act like dicks or not. 

• Moderators

You only get nobbish behaviour at away games when lads have been on it several hours or so come half time 

There could've been pints everywhere under the away end at half time today for all we know

Most home fans will sit there and sup, bar a last minute winner v Wigan when you might see pints launched at the away end

A Bolton home game is fuck all like an oasis gig, and I've seen both at our ground