Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Villa v bolton

radcliffe white

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And you think that would produce results with the same players? 

Yeah but this turgid crap we are having to watch as to stop, I am sick of every match going a goal down then knowing we are going to lose is it too much to ask for a few winning results ffs.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rizlar said:

Swansea could be his last game if we lose cannot see him turning it around even though I hope he does!

Yep, I really like him as a guy but you see the team & again, you think, fucking Noone & Buckley again. What's the point of them both? How many chances are they gonna have? He might as well just pack his midfield rather than play Noon, Buckley or Wildshit.

3 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Yep, I really like him as a guy but you see the team & again, you think, fucking Noone & Buckley again. What's the point of them both? How many chances are they gonna have? He might as well just pack his midfield rather than play Noon, Buckley or Wildshit.

Pack it with who? Josh fucking Vela. We don’t have the personnel that’s the main reason we’re up shit creek. 

Nail was hit on head earlier when someone said we're a defensive team who can't defend. A team set up to be solid that is like jelly. Given we can't attack either we're seriously in the shit. Another pointless 15 minutes for Doidge when game gone. Parky keeps saying he's finding the step up difficult, surely that should be judged after a run of 6-8 starts with either Donaldson or Magennis up with him, not 1 start up front on his own, a handful of bits and pieces of games off bench and one start last week. He struggled a bit when he came on tonight but no wonder. 

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Got to be a wind up

Folk fall for it cos he has a nice touch and the rest of our players have a 2nd touch that’s a a tackle. He’s not good enough 

I'm not meaning to fight his corner, it's just an opinion, but if the ball drops yo him in the area on his left foot instead of his right foot like it did in the 1st half, it's probably a goal. Nobody else in the squad apart from Ameobi has that ability. He is a proven scorer and provider in div 1 which is far better than the rest.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Personally I’m like Marc. I want to like him and it’s refreshing to see someone in the middle that’s prepared to put his foot on the ball. We’ve been starved of any kind of initiave. Just another Zach Clough to be honest.

When Sammy is back he doesn’t get a sniff. 

Sammy replaces our inept wingers that Patky has a wierd obsession with. Oz has a completely different role through the middle.

1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

As much as I can't stand villa as a club they've looked a bloody good team tonight. The 2 centre backs have been immense. 

Just my opinion but I thought they looked really poor and wasteful after the excellent 1st goal. A half decent team would have drawn that game.

Just now, mickbrown said:

Williams for one

Did Otz even touch it second half?

Touched it as much as anyone else. I can see the quality Williams has but he's no different to Oz in that he has had game after game where he has had no impact whatsoever.  I still can't see a midfielder in our squad that brings more to the team than Oz apart from Ameobi.

I'd play Williams where Oz is playing. Have him further forward. He can take the ball on the turn, he can run at defenders and he can pick a pass. I've yet to see Oz do that.

And I hate to say this about Oz, as he's probably had it all his life, but he's just too small. And it does matter.