Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Villa v bolton

radcliffe white

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Brooks is quality how someone can’t see that is beyond me.

We are not talking about now

We are talking about 4 years ago

In fact, less than that, when sheff Utd were happy to swap him for chef evans

FFS

Being released for “being too small” has meant the same thing for ever

”we don’t rate you”

They might be wrong, but don’t take it literally

Been the same “condition” forever. They say it cos you can’t argue that your kid is taller than he is

Edited by jules_darby

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

FFS

Being released for “being too small” has meant the same thing for ever

”we don’t rate you”

They might be wrong, but don’t take it literally

Been the same “condition” forever. They say it cos you can’t argue that your kid is taller than he is

How do they get rid of the shit tall lads then?

15 minutes ago, enzo gambaro said:

And Tom Eaves. 

Good shout. Worst strikers in last few years were Afobe, Sordell, Eaves and Wilkinson. I will exclude Madine & Wilbraham as their game isn't about scoring. But how Eaves has become a regular Div 1 scorer for a poor team I just cannot fathom.But I thought Max Clayton, Tyler Walker and Clough were going to be the business 

We are in deep shite now after today's results.

lets be honest, apart from the one off the line, villa always looked like they could step it up, we started both halves shite and in all honesty never really looked liked scoring.  Parky moans about it, but it never changes.  When we did have good opportunities to shoot, they were always sadly lacking.  Those stats, with regards to shots, passes in the opponents half etc over the games so far are embarrassing. 

the next 3 are huge games and no wins in those, has to mean a change.  The 2 away games against teams very much in the mix at the bottom and a team that has been beaten by Rotherham, has to get 4 points or more.

2 goals in 9 and 1 win in 12 - are stats that in this business would mean the heave ho although I do have some sympathy in that you can't polish a turd.

but, every week we are making countless player changes, formation changes and square pegs in round holes.  Surely 16 games in, you should know and arick with your best team ????

Edited by marple whites

10 hours ago, marple whites said:

We are in deep shite now after today's results.

lets be honest, apart from the one off the line, villa always looked like they could step it up, we started both halves shite and in all honesty never really looked liked scoring.  Parky moans about it, but it never changes.  When we did have good opportunities to shoot, they were always sadly lacking.  Those stats, with regards to shots, passes in the opponents half etc over the games so far are embarrassing. 

the next 3 are huge games and no wins in those, has to mean a change.  The 2 away games against teams very much in the mix at the bottom and a team that has been beaten by Rotherham, has to get 4 points or more.

2 goals in 9 and 1 win in 12 - are stats that in this business would mean the heave ho although I do have some sympathy in that you can't polish a turd.

but, every week we are making countless player changes, formation changes and square pegs in round holes.  Surely 16 games in, you should know and arick with your best team ????

4th game along Wigan at home 

if they come here and win that will be the icing on the cake 

• The topic was unpinned
15 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Went for a few pint this affy, most people/mates reckon we played alright and we deserved at least a point.... .. i thought they were just being nice or diplomatic,  but actually they were being serious... makes me feel proper confused. 

Taken in isolation it will look like we did OK. But when added on to the rest of our shitty performances it's just another disappointment of many.