Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers V Swansea

gonzo

Can't take much more, same old shite, square pegs in round holes, basic mistakes, players not working hard enough.

abstract performances, losing to average teams, surely we can't carry on with this ?

2 goals in 10, 1 win in 13

top scorer (loose I know) on the bench, someone we are meant to be signing for £1m on the bench, most times we receive the ball we turn back, etc etc. The whole thing is now beyond a joke.

and I am going to millwall...........

I can feel the need to inject alcohol directly in to my eye balls and quick.

Early this morning on the 'Manchester TV' channel, Parkin actually said, we will concede but its about delaying as long as possible. I thought this was strange and probably explains how we are set up and the current mind set. You wouldn't hear other managers and 2nds saying that , even if its actually true!

I agree with Parky, we do need a goal (obvious) , but not to settle the team because they seem settled. We need a goal to prove the backroom tactics and as we arnt getting one, its blatantly not working. About 6 times today when we actually won the ball back (once on the right really close to goal) we end up playing backwards until Beavers gets it and he struggles to get a build up pass. We see to have to start a build up (if at all) from a set formation way back, or from a lumped goal kick. We never played a ball on the deck from goalkeeper held ball.When we win the ball , is the time to increase tempo and attack from where we are, not play back to a tactical starting point.

As I write this I realise of course that in midfield we probably haven't got the quality, despite the team trying hard. I agree with others on here, at times you would think we were 3 up today instead of desperately needing a win.

Where are the team that went to West Brom (seems like years ago instead of start of season)?

Edited by grego

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, marple whites said:

Can't take much more, same old shite, square pegs in round holes, basic mistakes, players not working hard enough.

abstract performances, losing to average teams, surely we can't carry on with this ?

2 goals in 10, 1 win in 13

top scorer (loose I know) on the bench, someone we are meant to be signing for £1m on the bench, most times we receive the ball we turn back, etc etc. The whole thing is now beyond a joke.

and I am going to millwall...........

I can feel the need to inject alcohol directly in to my eye balls and quick.

coyle got potted after Millwall

here's hoping

Will Buckley is never a winger in a million years.

He’s incredibly slow. Doesn’t have skill to go past anyone and can’t cross. He contributes nothing in a team where anyone decent would stand out a mile.

I have absolutely no idea how he managed a decent season at Brighton or where ever it was.

He can’t have been on the wing.

Edited by Eavesy

42 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Will Buckley is never a winger in a million years.

He’s incredibly slow. Doesn’t have skill to go past anyone and can’t cross. He contributes nothing in a team where anyone decent would stand out a mile.

I have absolutely no idea how he managed a decent season at Brighton or where ever it was.

He can’t have been on the wing.

That might be true but he’s better than no one. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

It was utter shit again.

Donaldson is crap and has no composure.

Oz struggled but still played a few telling balls that led to opportunities.

Wingers who can’t cross, strikers who can’t score and midfields who can’t pass forwards. 

It’s fucking shite. 

Just now, Morizio said:

It was utter shit again.

Donaldson is crap and has no composure.

Oz struggled but still played a few telling balls that led to opportunities.

Wingers who can’t cross, strikers who can’t score and midfields who can’t pass forwards. 

It’s fucking shite. 

I thought Donaldson did OK all things considered. I reckon Williams had a decent game too. Be a good player in a better side. Like to see him get licence to go forward a bit more. 

5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I thought Donaldson did OK all things considered. I reckon Williams had a decent game too. Be a good player in a better side. Like to see him get licence to go forward a bit more. 

Playing Williams in holding role is another baffling decision by Parky he’s definitely a marauding box to box player. I’m still in the Parky stays for now club, but he’s got 3 games stay of execution for me.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That might be true but he’s better no one. 

Give the guy a chance,what role is he supposed to be playing,because to me he looks to be a back up left back ,therefore you have to ask why he is doing it

Lowe and Williams never get in the opposition's penalty area (why),because Parkinson's instructions are for them not too

We are playing fear football,not adventurous football

Take a look at the Sheffield derby

Dire, clueless, no idea how to build an attack or how to break a team down. Like for like substitutions, players didn't even look that angered by going a goal down, lack of quality all over the park, totally disinterested, detached crowd, fucking awful transport links and into the relegation zone.

It really is the pits.

Didn't go today I was at a wedding, was speaking to a lad I know at the night do who I haven't seen for ages, he's bolton daft, he hasn't been for the last 3 games he just can't bare it at the minute. Parky is driving out the real diehard fans with his brand of football. He's got to go before the stadium is completely empty, I don't care who just anyone but him. 

3 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Why is McCarthy laughable? His record pisses all over PPs all day long, even at Ipswich

Laughable is sticking with PP because you think there's no one who could do a better job then what we're currently seeing 

McCarthy is fine perhaps when you've got a bit of money

He would have probably have been a better choice than Coyle, Freedman or Lennon

As a choice now over PP? No

3 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Couldn't make it today so can't comment on the game itself

Pot Parky and install who as manager?

Some of the names I've seen suggested are laughable. Tired old has-beens like McCarthy

We are in serious shit but I've no idea what the answer is other than a Saudi billionaire. 

Get a fucking bingo machine to pick the team. He's hardly consistent with his selections. He's been like this for 3 seasons.

4 home losses without a goal is fucking toss. It's costing the club loads, todays incentive of £10 tickets with a team with a chance of winning would have added a few to the gate, with what we have at the moment I'd be surprised if it brought in more than 1000.

21 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Get a fucking bingo machine to pick the team. He's hardly consistent with his selections. He's been like this for 3 seasons.

4 home losses without a goal is fucking toss. It's costing the club loads, todays incentive of £10 tickets with a team with a chance of winning would have added a few to the gate, with what we have at the moment I'd be surprised if it brought in more than 1000.

Not arguing with that at all. But pot Parky for which bingo machine caller for the shit that he has to choose from?

4 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Not arguing with that at all. But pot Parky for which bingo machine caller for the shit that he has to choose from?

Paul the octopus. 

He's done miracles has Parkie I ain't taking that away from him. That promotion from league 1 under an embargo and staying up last year are miracles that deserve to be in the bible. 

However. We ain't getting a third pitch invasion in a row. FACT. 

7 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

The problem is he got results last season from that shit he has to choose from that’s the annoying thing 

it wasn’t pretty but last season we would of beaten Swansea as we did just about against villa Norwich sheff weds etc..

he doesn’t know what team he’s putting out on a weekly basis the players are probably more confused than us!

like I mentioned previously there will be someone who can sort this team and not necessarily a big name or somebody who requires a compensation pay out