Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers V Swansea

gonzo

1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

The problem is he got results last season from that shit he has to choose from that’s the annoying thing 

it wasn’t pretty but last season we would of beaten Swansea as we did just about against villa Norwich sheff weds etc..

he doesn’t know what team he’s putting out on a weekly basis the players are probably more confused than us!

like I mentioned previously there will be someone who can sort this team and not necessarily a big name or somebody who requires a compensation pay out 

Correction

He got results with madine in the team.

After that it was ameobi and the forest match.

The squad this year is better but we still lack creativity and a scorer because they cost big money. I'm not defending PP completely as I think Wheater and Magennis should be starting key games like the last two home games. I would have also kept ALF if at all possible as his goals last year where invaluable. But the die is cast now and I can't see any manager keeping us up.

We are in a relegation fight because we have a Div 1 squad that is trying to compete in the championship, & no money to buy better players.

The idea that if we sack the manager, all our problems will magically disappear & we'll go soaring up the league is complete bollocks.......any new manager would face the same practically impossible job of trying to keep us up with players who aren't good enough.

After the fantastic job that Parky has done for us over the last 2 seasons & the fact that he kept us up last season against all the odds. I still back Parky as our best hope of keeping us up again this season.

11 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

We are in a relegation fight because we have a Div 1 squad that is trying to compete in the championship, & no money to buy better players.

The idea that if we sack the manager, all our problems will magically disappear & we'll go soaring up the league is complete bollocks.......any new manager would face the same practically impossible job of trying to keep us up with players who aren't good enough.

After the fantastic job that Parky has done for us over the last 2 seasons & the fact that he kept us up last season against all the odds. I still back Parky as our best hope of keeping us up again this season.

Overreaction nobody is expecting to soar up the league 

not much to ask for the gritty performances that got us points last season and that team who ran through brick walls at times 

This man will relegate us for sure at this rate 

This squad are capable of better results and it’s the now consistent in ability to get them that tells me it’s time for a change.....smells abit coyle esk in terms of no one really wants it to fail but we all know it’s coming.

parky has shown again pretty consistently his ceiling is lower reaches of the championship.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

The idea that if we sack the manager, all our problems will magically disappear & we'll go soaring up the league is complete bollocks

Which is why no one has suggested that will happen 

However a new manager might take us in a direction which brings a few more positive performances, goals and results

It looks increasingly unlikely with each game that PP will turn this around this time, but to stick with him and allows us to go down without a fight because he did a good job last season or the season before is bollocks

Ultimately it’s no ones job on here to find a suitable replacement. So all this “who would you get then?” When someone suggests potting PP is irrelevant and a bag of bollocks 

It’s the task of one man and one man only, our weekly mouth Piece. Bearing in mind what we’ve all witnessed over the last few weeks, the clear lack of ideas, the feeling the players no longer have a clue what he’s asking them to do and ultimately the results. If he still thinks that PP is the best man to turn it around from probably hundreds of candidates both in and out of work across the whole fucking continent then that’s the biggest problem the club currently has. 

We are staring relegation in the face & KA is facing a minimum of £7m shortfall which will make him flogging us near on impossible 

change is needed now to improve the footballing, Financial and KA’s prospects 

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Ultimately it’s no ones job on here to find a suitable replacement. So all this “who would you get then?” When someone suggests potting PP is irrelevant and a bag of bollocks 

It’s the task of one man and one man only, our weekly mouth Piece. Bearing in mind what we’ve all witnessed over the last few weeks, the clear lack of ideas, the feeling the players no longer have a clue what he’s asking them to do and ultimately the results. If he still thinks that PP is the best man to turn it around from probably hundreds of candidates both in and out of work across the whole fucking continent then that’s the biggest problem the club currently has. 

We are staring relegation in the face & KA is facing a minimum of £7m shortfall which will make him flogging us near on impossible 

change is needed now to improve the footballing, Financial and KA’s prospects 

Well said 

13 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If Chris Wilder took charge of Bolton instead of the Blades and PP took charge of the Blades instead of us...... do people think we would be in the position we are now?

My point being that I knew none of the Sheff Utd players when we were in league 1 together, apart from Fat Billy Sharp who was probably 'recognised as a journeynan footballer who had missed his big chance at Leeds or Sunderland and Basham who played for us. Yet they are near the top of the championship playing quality football, football that is easy, pass, move, close down etc..... Wilder and his coaching staff play football because they are coached to play football, we have professional footballers who are being coached anti-negative football. I get that PP has worked a minor miracle in pretty damming shitty conditions and the integrity of the man has been exceptional  and cannot be questioned, but the man is out of his depth in the championship with whatever players he has or could have.

And someone may ask who do we replace him with? Someone who wants to coach football would be a start, and that may result in keeping the supporters we have left, because at the moment they are abandoning us slowly but surely.

Careful, budgets will come in to it soon

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Bollox to budgets, when we went down we still had better players than anyone in league 1, promotion was a minimum requirement in my eyes, anybody saying PP performed a miracle is a wurzal!

Yes last year was a miracle considering the shit football we played, we should have been dead and buried mid-season, but that isn't and won't happen again and I'm pretty sure fans won't put up with it as well, except the hard-core 8/9k 

Careful mr grey you will get beasted soon by the Parkinson brigade

36 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Bollox to budgets, when we went down we still had better players than anyone in league 1, promotion was a minimum requirement in my eyes, anybody saying PP performed a miracle is a wurzal!

Yes last year was a miracle considering the shit football we played, we should have been dead and buried mid-season, but that isn't and won't happen again and I'm pretty sure fans won't put up with it as well, except the hard-core 8/9k 

Given the state of the players mentality when they were relegated to league one then they could have easily floundered mid table like charlton/mk dons , Parky did a great job of getting us up turning the club around.  U need to give your head a wobble if i think we should be near the play offs. 

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

If Chris Wilder took charge of Bolton instead of the Blades and PP took charge of the Blades instead of us...... do people think we would be in the position we are now?

My point being that I knew none of the Sheff Utd players when we were in league 1 together, apart from Fat Billy Sharp who was probably 'recognised as a journeynan footballer who had missed his big chance at Leeds or Sunderland and Basham who played for us. Yet they are near the top of the championship playing quality football, football that is easy, pass, move, close down etc..... Wilder and his coaching staff play football because they are coached to play football, we have professional footballers who are being coached anti-negative football. I get that PP has worked a minor miracle in pretty damming shitty conditions and the integrity of the man has been exceptional  and cannot be questioned, but the man is out of his depth in the championship with whatever players he has or could have.

And someone may ask who do we replace him with? Someone who wants to coach football would be a start, and that may result in keeping the supporters we have left, because at the moment they are abandoning us slowly but surely.

Spot on. Squad wise it was the best in the division. Promotion was a minimum requirement for me

5 hours ago, bolton va va said:

I'll have a pint of what you're on because if you genuinely believe what you've just written it's got to be the elixir of all ills.