Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers V Swansea

gonzo

11 hours ago, Eavesy said:

Correction

He got results with madine in the team.

After that it was ameobi and the forest match.

Madine was part of the problem. We had that run of 8 straight defeats with him leading the line. Awful player. ALF and Ameobi saved us despite Parky. He thanked ALF by encouraging him to leave so hopefully he will now leave also.

9 hours ago, bolton va va said:

We are in a relegation fight because we have a Div 1 squad that is trying to compete in the championship, & no money to buy better players.

The idea that if we sack the manager, all our problems will magically disappear & we'll go soaring up the league is complete bollocks.......any new manager would face the same practically impossible job of trying to keep us up with players who aren't good enough.

After the fantastic job that Parky has done for us over the last 2 seasons & the fact that he kept us up last season against all the odds. I still back Parky as our best hope of keeping us up again this season.

Hang on its not about soaring up the league. It's about doing what we did last season and bring in with a shout in April. Be 8 points adrift in Feb with parky or maybe 2 points adrift with a better manager who might draw 1-1 v Wigan rather than 0-1. He didn't do a fantastic job, he nearly cost us promotion by failing to score against chesterfield, bury, Oldham, scunthorpe etc until the ref came to his rescue at vale. And there is no last day free points on offer this year as its an away game against a top side.

46 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Unfortunately I think that they’ll get better offers than us

My only issue with them is that they are long ball merchants and over the last 15 years I've had my fill of that. I want BWFC to be associated with progressive football for once like most other teams.

27 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Tricky few in their 

Norwich is the stand out hard one, Leeds are Leeds hit and miss 

brentford not firing 

if we can’t get some points from Millwall sheff Wednesday & Wigan then not good

then the blockbuster on Boxing Day Rotherham 

4 out of next 6 are away. Let's not kid ourselves that's 1 point absolute max. Leeds is a loss any day of the week. Wigan game is a lifeline. If we have a new manager bounce we can win that one, lose it with parky in charge and we are down.

On 10/11/2018 at 20:53, victor meldrew said:

i 've been banished to the west wing whilst she watches strictly.

so not a lot else to do

my mum has just had a stroke and is very poorly , so PP's usual serving of shite does bother me at the moment.

Puts football into perspective, mate.

My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family tonight. I hope your mum gets well soon.

• The topic was unpinned