Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

“Bullying” advice

Spider

16 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Same here, some of the stuff I witnessed when I started my apprenticeship would have blokes in jail now, it was considered normal to “ grease” a new starter, pulling his trousers off and rubbing grease all over his bollocks and throwing him in a sand pile or even swarf on one occasion. Lads suspended upside down on block and tackles ,I was put in an inspection pit, boards back on so it was dark and a roller driven over it on vibrate.

one lad, on his birthday, was stripped from the waste, suspended by broom handles through an overall top so he was like a scarecrow and t(en attached to a skip wagon and driven down manny rd and left outside the pie shop.

i refused to do anything to a new starter when I was 19 and was sort of sent to Coventry in the workshop for “breaking the tradition” and called a grass and a soft cunt but the whole thing was starting to fade then any way as you say and I think I and other apprentices at the time just got unlucky with the mix of absolute arseholes who worked there egging each other on and increasing the “ joke” each time 

bcame an apprentice mentor and citb rep at the next place after I left there and my experiences made me make sure that no new starters got any of that sort of treatment at all, which, lead to a bit of a “ spoil sport” reputation amongst some of the older ones as  even had an objection to all the “ long stand” “ bubble for spirit level” type jokes, which, was probably an over reaction but just the way it was. 

Anyway, that’s that off my chest :D 

Haha ace pal.

Aye, I remember a young lad at F Browns getting a mini max pole through his top and he was pulsa nailed to a steal beam and hung like Jesus. 

Same with the bollocks thing, one lad had his nob and bollocks painted with oil based industrial red floor paint. You know the only way that stuff comes off :(

Must admit to sending a lad to the wholesalers for some tartan paint though haha

Remember when I was a apprentice joiner

The so called inductions I got where swarfeger on the bollocks then locked in extractor room with it turned on until I could not breath and hung head first over a 30ft drop with the only thing stopping me from dropping was my pants which had been nailed to the floor

• Members
17 hours ago, stevieb said:

I like Bolty but reading through that I thought this had to be the last line of the tale, it was too perfect. Glad someone else beat me to it. 

No offence Bolty! 

None taken mate. Seems to have been taken the wrong way. When I calmed down was slightly embarrassed to have behaved like that in front of a bunch of schoolkids but the red mist came down and I could see no way my lad was getting justice from the school.

It may come as a surprise but I really don't give a fuck what some of the utter cretins (present company excepted of course) on here think. Those who I respect I note haven't commented.

21 hours ago, gonzo said:

Some of the stuff I saw on sites when I was apprentice was terrible really. Proper full on bullying.

It all seemed to phase out at the bigger firms, along with the boom in HR and HSE during my tenure. Lads still get a bit of stick nowadays but nothing like it used to be.

Remember one lad nicknamed naughty boy was made to work all day completely naked from the waste down. Another lad got locked under a raised access floor in total darkness for a couple of hours every time he got the butty order wrong. Which was always rigged so he got it wrong.

One young Lad at dewhursts recording everything done to him and he took em to court. It put a stop to it all there and then.

Worst I worked for was Keith Coleman and his brother. (He’s the father of that fit bird Jenna Louise that was in doctor who) what a proper cunt he was. I wasn’t directly under him so escaped the bulk of it, but other apprentices were treated like utter shit. Wanker.

Same as in the Marines. When you first pass out of training and go to a unit you get your initiation/joining routine. Some of the things the new lads had to go through was horrendous and it’s been publicised in the national press over the last few years. 

Broom handles up arses. (My favourite :) )

Sucking older lads balls.

full on twatings

drinking Sick, piss and cum shakes! 

The list goes on.

apprentky it’s calmed down a lot the last few years. Pffffft they don’t make them like they used too.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, royal white said:

Broom handles up arses. (My favourite :) )

Sucking older lads balls.

full on twatings

drinking Sick, piss and cum shakes!

Imagine the fun they could have if they let the queers join in

• Members
14 hours ago, leigh white said:

When I first started at the mine, the pit brow lasses would grab hold of you, rip your overalls down and start sucking you off, i tried to break free, but after a few minutes I knew it was futile. The filthy bitches.:D

Why do I have visions of lines of lads waiting for pit job interviews?

On 10/11/2018 at 14:39, bolty58 said:

None taken mate. Seems to have been taken the wrong way. When I calmed down was slightly embarrassed to have behaved like that in front of a bunch of schoolkids but the red mist came down and I could see no way my lad was getting justice from the school.

It may come as a surprise but I really don't give a fuck what some of the utter cretins (present company excepted of course) on here think. Those who I respect I note haven't commented.

This board is full of lefties.

It never used to be like this.

Deal with things yourself because often you can do little through the official channels.

• Members
9 hours ago, captainmed said:

This board is full of lefties.

It never used to be like this.

Deal with things yourself because often you can do little through the official channels.

That's the way it panned out for me. I think schools are far more aware of this crap these days and respond better.

It seems they sorted Spiders problem out, thankfully.

• Site Supporter

Parents...
Twatting them in retribution (as was suggested earlier in the thread) or speaking to them in the hope that they will, in turn, speak to their out-of-control bully boy?

I'm sorry, but plenty folk who brought up their kid to "look after himself" forgot to also include the lesson about using such fighting skills only to look after themselves and not inflict their power over other kids.

5 hours ago, MickyD said:

Parents...
Twatting them in retribution (as was suggested earlier in the thread) or speaking to them in the hope that they will, in turn, speak to their out-of-control bully boy?

I'm sorry, but plenty folk who brought up their kid to "look after himself" forgot to also include the lesson about using such fighting skills only to look after themselves and not inflict their power over other kids.

Speak to the parents of the said child and make them aware of their bullying.

Edited by captainmed

5 hours ago, MickyD said:

Parents...

Too many knives about to encourage your kids to take retribution themselves. Things can get out of control very quickly so let the authorities deal with it or approach the parents of said bully and let them deal with it

Edited by Salford Trotter

6 hours ago, captainmed said:

Speak to the parents of the said child and make them aware of their bullying.

Appealing to their better nature is all well and good, but there aren't many naturally bad kids out there, it's learned behaviour and they've probably got it from home.