Jump to content
Donate to keep the site running Read more... ×
Subscribe - contribute monthly Read more... ×
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
gonzo

Our next manager

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Until mathematically sure we aint going nowhere, we have yet to have our good run and im not giving up hope, even though it kills us.

I'd fancy us to stay up from here if we were normal and weren't losing players and had the ability to sign one or two this month. We aren't far away from a run. But hard to see it given the off field issues. One player who brought something different - some midfield dynamism and skill with a little end product would transform us. But as it is we've holes to plug and maybe no way to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

regardless of parkys position, could you really see david lee hacking it in our situation

he might one day rival ferguson, but at this stage, hed be finished by june

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Casino said:

regardless of parkys position, could you really see david lee hacking it in our situation

he might one day rival ferguson, but at this stage, hed be finished by june

Is parky hacking it right now?

if he isn’t then having lee in has no negative impact?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Is parky hacking it right now?

if he isn’t then having lee in has no negative impact?

I'd say yes he is. More than hacking in. In our position many clubs would be completely and hopelessly adrift by now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Is parky hacking it right now?

if he isn’t then having lee in has no negative impact?

i have my view, you have yours  :)

but you missed my point

im talking about the effect on lee

this is no normal manager job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I'd fancy us to stay up from here if we were normal and weren't losing players and had the ability to sign one or two this month. We aren't far away from a run. But hard to see it given the off field issues. One player who brought something different - some midfield dynamism and skill with a little end product would transform us. But as it is we've holes to plug and maybe no way to do it. 

Parky is part of the problem, he's drove more people away this season with the dross he's put out. Let's not make him out to be some kind of genius all of a sudden because what's gone on this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Casino said:

i have my view, you have yours  :)

but you missed my point

im talking about the effect on lee

this is no normal manager job

Indeed.

And more importantly we should leave Lee doing a good job with the development squad as we are likely to need several of them shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, darrener said:

Parky is part of the problem, he's drove more people away this season with the dross he's put out. Let's not make him out to be some kind of genius all of a sudden because what's gone on this week. 

How many decent managers would have put up with this circus? says a lot about Parkinson that he has stuck around, what I'm saying is he wouldn't get another job as big as this, and he knows it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Indeed.

And more importantly we should leave Lee doing a good job with the development squad as we are likely to need several of them shortly.

thats a whole new subject and another worry

i dont see em being anywhere near good enough

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Casino said:

i have my view, you have yours  :)

but you missed my point

im talking about the effect on lee

this is no normal manager job

Ahh okay.

do you think what’s gone on has had a serious impact on Parkinson and the playing squad?

baring in mind they’ve only had one missed payment. (As repeated by Ken on several occasions)

I’ve barely seen any impact week to week on performances.

Last season post madine sale when we had confidence in finances and no constant media shite.

compared with right now.

 

To be polite to Parkinson. Actually he’s been able to maintain a level performance across good and bad times.

in my opinion that level has been 5hite. But that’s a different discussion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Casino said:

thats a whole new subject and another worry

i dont see em being anywhere near good enough

 

That is the main worry

We cant strengthen by bringing anyone in and we dont have any who are likely to make the grade

Unless we get a miracle and sort out the finances we will need Ipswich and Reading to carry on losing and somehow just pip Rortherham - possible but unlikely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bolton job isn't one for newbies cutting their teeth, unless we're stripping right back and rebooting in L2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Casino said:

thats a whole new subject and another worry

i dont see em being anywhere near good enough

 

Beggars can't be choosers, our squad is not deep.

A couple more injuries, loan returns, etc and they will be filling our subs bench with Oztumer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nah, oztumer will be off for 5 million, surely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that Jones bloke from Luton who's been touted on here got the Stoke job

whatever league we're in, when PP is potted, we'll be going down the same untried/untested route Luton did - but, they are out there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, darrener said:

Parky is part of the problem, he's drove more people away this season with the dross he's put out. Let's not make him out to be some kind of genius all of a sudden because what's gone on this week. 

He's a good manager. He's working under ridiculous circumstances. The fact some of our fans don't appreciate how bad things are and how difficult for a manager they are is besides the point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He's a good manager. He's working under ridiculous circumstances. The fact some of our fans don't appreciate how bad things are and how difficult for a manager they are is besides the point. 

Being serious 

are you related to him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He's a good manager. He's working under ridiculous circumstances. The fact some of our fans don't appreciate how bad things are and how difficult for a manager they are is besides the point. 

How can you blatantly state that Parkinson is a good manager? he failed at Charlton and Hull at this level without any constraints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He's a good manager. He's working under ridiculous circumstances. The fact some of our fans don't appreciate how bad things are and how difficult for a manager they are is besides the point. 

He nearly fucked up the promotion and we stayed up with the skin of our teeth

This season he really has been awful as a manager; brought in garbage players and his tactics are useless

Really believe I could manage them better

We need a new manager as much or even more than new owners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He nearly fucked up the promotion and we stayed up with the skin of our teeth

This season he really has been awful as a manager; brought in garbage players and his tactics are useless

Really believe I could manage them better

We need a new manager as much or even more than new owners

This is totally predicated on whether you think promotion and staying up were things we should have done. We shouldn't IMO have managed either in the state the club was in and with the circumstances that transpired. The problem in my view is that many Bolton fans don't seem to have adjusted to where the club is at, and instead see "staying up in the championship" as being not really good enough.

The club was sinking when Parky came in. And as it turns out off-field wise is still sinking. God only knows where we'd be had Deano had his way and appointed Nolan and Brown!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

This is totally predicated on whether you think promotion and staying up were things we should have done. We shouldn't IMO have managed either in the state the club was in and with the circumstances that transpired. The problem in my view is that many Bolton fans don't seem to have adjusted to where the club is at, and instead see "staying up in the championship" as being not really good enough.

The club was sinking when Parky came in. And as it turns out off-field wise is still sinking. God only knows where we'd be had Deano had his way and appointed Nolan and Brown!

Seriously though....

are you related to him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Seriously though....

are you related to him?

I'm not related to Parky and I agree with fan5.

Under the circumstances he has done a very good job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He's a good manager. He's working under ridiculous circumstances. The fact some of our fans don't appreciate how bad things are and how difficult for a manager they are is besides the point. 

I'm sorry but he's not, if you ask most people why they don't go it's usually the style of football. We've won 2 league games since October anywhere else he'd have been fired, we'd have lost on Saturday if he hadn't changed it round at half time and that was due to a injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, darrener said:

I'm sorry but he's not, if you ask most people why they don't go it's usually the style of football. We've won 2 league games since October anywhere else he'd have been fired, we'd have lost on Saturday if he hadn't changed it round at half time and that was due to a injury. 

Hang on - he'd have been fired for these results under normal circumstances with a normal budget. I agree.

And rightly so.

But we don't have those things here. We instead allegedly have senior players loaning younger ones their mortgage and supposed permanent signings leaving due to unpaid fees. I agree its a tough watch week in week out. But you'd think we'd be bottom and gone like we were 3 seasons ago. But we're not. Is that not good in itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He's a good manager. He's working under ridiculous circumstances. The fact some of our fans don't appreciate how bad things are and how difficult for a manager they are is besides the point. 

 

2 minutes ago, darrener said:

I'm sorry but he's not, if you ask most people why they don't go it's usually the style of football. We've won 2 league games since October anywhere else he'd have been fired, we'd have lost on Saturday if he hadn't changed it round at half time and that was due to a injury. 

I don't think he's  great manager.

Theres no-one I can think of that I'd rather have in place under the current circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.