Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Our next manager

gonzo

3 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

If KA was gonna pot PP he'd have done it by now. Hands tied me thinks due to cash.

stuck with what we have.

I think it isn't an issue paying him off. That is small fry compared to what you lose upon relegation. I think the issue is that Ken has it easy with Parky. He isn't demanding cash for players in public. So any new appointment needs to be affordable to Ken and with very modest demands. And a character who won't rock the boat. Because Ken can't afford internal confrontation. Suspect such an appointment is easier said than done. 

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I think it isn't an issue paying him off. That is small fry compared to what you lose upon relegation. I think the issue is that Ken has it easy with Parky. He isn't demanding cash for players in public. So any new appointment needs to be affordable to Ken and with very modest demands. And a character who won't rock the boat. Because Ken can't afford internal confrontation. Suspect such an appointment is easier said than done. 

If that is the case then I don't see Anderson as a savvy businessman, surely any chance of a sale of the club would be dependant on the club being in the championship, not looking good at the moment, so it would be beneficial to Anderson to invest in a more experienced manager to get us out of this hole we're buried in.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

If that is the case then I don't see Anderson as a savvy businessman, surely any chance of a sale of the club would be dependant on the club being in the championship, not looking good at the moment, so it would be beneficial to Anderson to invest in a more experienced manager to get us out of this hole we're buried in.

Aye. The sooner it was done, the better chance a prospective manager would have.

I guess until it happens we won't know who'd be available, as in actual applicants.

25 minutes ago, Tungsten3 said:

With KA trousering 500k pa does he really want to sell the club?

If someone is willing to pay him £20m+ I don't think he'd be too bothered about losing a job paying £500k p.a. How old is he 60's? £20m should see him through his dotage. I think it's a lot harder than some people think to find someone willing and able to buy a football club and to give some of their money away every year.

My plan to buy the club continues to rely on my euromillons ticket coming up when the jackpot is over £100m. It could be me!

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Yes. But it involves him spending more money. Ken knows there is no guarantee either way and no guarantee anyone will buy the club for the going rate he's after. It is a risk reward scenario. He will know the potential risk vs reward and make a decision based on that. And that alone.