Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Our next manager

gonzo

On 01/12/2018 at 09:53, bolty58 said:

Whoever we get, I hope he is backed to sign yon striker from Ayr United. 4 more last neet.

13 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Parky must be the most secure manager around

Shankland from Ayr was going to be sold for £250k beginning of season absolute bargain and worth a punt 100% although suspect his value has increased somewhat now bolty. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Mark Hughes has just been potted, the boring c**t could be available once Parky has gone (if he ever does).

I personally wouldn't want any of these merry go round the prem/champ managers, the likes of Pardew, Hughes etc... mind you i would have fat Sam back :)

I wouldn't mind a night with Kelly Brook. It ain't happening though.

There is no money. Nada. Zilch. We can't even afford hot water at the training ground. The idea we'll be in a position to sack Parky and get an expensive premiership manager is ludicrous. The club is sailing as close to the wind as it can do. We just have to get on with it. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I wouldn't mind a night with Kelly Brook. It ain't happening though.

There is no money. Nada. Zilch. We can't even afford hot water at the training ground. The idea we'll be in a position to sack Parky and get an expensive premiership manager is ludicrous. The club is sailing as close to the wind as it can do. We just have to get on with it. 

Unfortunately your spot on 

20 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Don’t think anyone is asking for some ex premier manager 

just someone who can get better out of them than this current tool is 

keeping him will lose money through the turnstiles 

Clearly someone was. 

There isn't the money to sack him. Forget about replacing him, we have what we've got and January will bring player sales if anyone wants any of them.

It is grim but the manager right now is the least of our worries. 

I'm not arguing in favour of Parkinson, but the catch 22 is, even in the unlikely event we scraped up the cash to pay off and engage someone else we could still go down - and that last roll of the dice could be the one that bankrupts us.

The second option in this catshit/dogshit quandary is retain Parky, hope for a repeat of last season, or, failing that, a repeat of season before last.

Stating the bleedin' obvious perhaps, but that's my take on it, that by hook or by crook Ken's plumping for the latter option at present.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Clearly someone wasn't. I stated Hughes had been sacked and I wouldn't want him or any other of the merry go round brigade. On another note, yes we can't afford to sack him as most people agree, but can we afford NOT to sack him?

Even if we’re to (find the money to) sack him, do we have funds to recruit another manager?

He’s here as long as he likes or until we are taken over

Clearly someone wasn't. I stated Hughes had been sacked and I wouldn't want him or any other of the merry go round brigade. On another note, yes we can't afford to sack him as most people agree, but can we afford NOT to sack him?

Sorry, misread it. Though you did want  Big Sam - which is as ludicrous.

Can we afford not to sack him? A weird concept. There is 0 in the bank. So like it or not we cannot do owt else but carry on and hope for the best. I'm using afford in the proper sense here. The business cannot afford (as in there is NO money) hot water for the training ground. The idea there is hundreds of thousands around to pay off and replace the management team is simply pie in the sky. There isn't a choice. Like any business you cannot do what you cannot afford. 

He's not going to be here forever, he will be going sooner or later, that is a fact, money or no money.

Who knows how long it'll take for a buyer to come in and complete a deal? Years possibly. Until then, unless he walks (and then we're really in the shit) Parky will be here. 

45 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Clearly someone was. 

There isn't the money to sack him. Forget about replacing him, we have what we've got and January will bring player sales if anyone wants any of them.

It is grim but the manager right now is the least of our worries. 

Well hopefully he will resign 

On 11/11/2018 at 23:14, freds dad said:

Steve Clarke at Kilmarnock 

40 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Steve Clarke from Kilmarnock would be my tip, personally. 

Just what I said early November. He's a great manager who would jump at the chance to manage in England but whether he would come to Bolton is another matter.