Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Scudamore golden handshake

crawshawbooth

Agreed. The Beebs sports reporter was justifying him getting this due to the funds he's helped generate for the premier league. It was his fecking job! One he got handsomely rewarded for.

Plus if it's to reward from what he's done over the last 20 years, why should the likes of here today, gone tomorrow clubs like Huddersfield or Brighton pay the same as Chelsea, Arsenal et al?

In any other business you will be well rewarded for the revenues he has created his businesses (clubs) 

Football isn't any different. I find the money obscene but no more than an average players astronomical wages.

At least you could argue he earnt his handshake.

I read on twitter all the folk saying give to charity or grassroots? Doesn't it stop becoming charity when it's forced upon? Also I wonder how many of the naysayers give to grass roots/charity?

it would be nice but shouldn't be expected.

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, gonzo said:

I’ve no problem in the premier league giving the money, it’s just business. But asking the money off each club?

piss off 

Yes. It's up to them to decide if he warrants this (don't see why personally), but they should pay it themselves.

31 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Aye 

Over his time he must have brought the thick end of £50bn in, £5m is 2 bits of fuck all compared to that 

given how much players and agents share of those billions it’s not unreasonable for an executive to get this sort of remuneration 

He already got his commision from the deals, why pay him more!?!

It’s stupid.

How much has he earned over the years? Does he actually need this money? ie. is he destitute? Can he actually spend another £5m?

Can any of these footballers spend the money they earn each week, month, year?

Read yesterday that Soccerdome next to the TC is closing and a lot of local schools that use the facility will miss out - a huge blow to grassroots. Surely the Premier League, FA, wealthy local football clubs, wealthy local footballers can help bankroll some of these facilities.

5 hours ago, Smiley said:

How much has he earned over the years? Does he actually need this money? ie. is he destitute? Can he actually spend another £5m?

Can any of these footballers spend the money they earn each week, month, year?

Read yesterday that Soccerdome next to the TC is closing and a lot of local schools that use the facility will miss out - a huge blow to grassroots. Surely the Premier League, FA, wealthy local football clubs, wealthy local footballers can help bankroll some of these facilities.

You earn more young don't keep living like the man on the street your lifestyle and expenditure goes up. More and more footballers going broke nowadays.

I don't think many people in the western world will think they have enough. 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, tomski said:

You earn more young don't keep living like the man on the street your lifestyle and expenditure goes up. More and more footballers going broke nowadays.

I don't think many people in the western world will think they have enough. 

Is that because they have fridges full of white-ish powders though?