Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheff Wed, Wed

globaldiver

It's shambolic.

What we have had to endure as supporters over the last few years is totally un-acceptable anyway and now this farce on the pitch.  

I've seen 5 games sober and live on red button and each one was a carbon copy - devoid of ability, chances, goals and ultimately points. We got nothing and deserved even less.

Millwall were crying out to lose on Saturday and we couldnt manage that neither. I spent a couple of hundred quid on the day and left questioning my sanity.  

Last night though was about as bad as it gets. Even against a terrible side, we create nothing. It was fucking embarrassing.   

All you can do is not waste your time, money and effort.

Theyr'e pathetic excuses for footballers and even though PP is clearly out of his depth then they have an obligation to give their all. If this is their all, then god help us.    

If they dont care, then why should we?

We wont come up from League 1 next time neither.

Then it will turn ugly..................

When Wigan score in there first attack , probably 11 mins on the clock , the crowd will turn against parky and the players.

We know we are a basket case club , but the football this season is so poor, so negative, so desperate . 

It makes you sad to watch.

It is embarrassing to watch Bolton Wanderers Football Club at the moment .

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

When Wigan score in there first attack , probably 11 mins on the clock , the crowd will turn against parky and the players.

We know we are a basket case club , but the football this season is so poor, so negative, so desperate . 

It's the dullest I've ever seen.

Perhaps the warning signs were there when we had fans running towards the manager at burton away.

The forest match and turn of events seriously papered over the cracks from last seasons.

if the forest match had happened 10 weeks sooner he would have gone at end of the season

Edited by Eavesy

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

But most give em a couple of seasons to show they are out of their depth.

This bloke needs to go now. He ain’t saving us twice  

Oh I know, me included, among the group of people I go to home games with I've been the last (by a long way) to want Coyle, Megson, Freedman and Lennon out, in fact I probably give far too much leeway. But some want change straight away. There were people shouting for Parkinson out after Oxford beat us at home...

14 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Oh I know, me included, among the group of people I go to home games with I've been the last (by a long way) to want Coyle, Megson, Freedman and Lennon out, in fact I probably give far too much leeway. But some want change straight away. There were people shouting for Parkinson out after Oxford beat us at home...

Me too.

Except Freedman. I wanted that bell out very, very early. 

2 hours ago, anewman said:

Come on Ian you know how i want success as much as you but there comes a point when enough is enough. After last seasons start that should of been it then 

I have never questioned how much people want success for the club.

But for Meldrew to come on and claim that the current position proves they were right to want him sacked 2 years ago is bollocks.

Even in your reply you say he should have been sacked after the shit start last year, but we did not sack him and we stayed up, so that is actually an argument to not sack him now.

I am voting more and more with my feet , missed more home games than i can remember already this season could not be bothered last night. 

I am desperate for Parky to do well, but the reasons to keep him are based on what he did and that is getting further away, the reason to sack him is what is happening now and that is getting worse.

Taking 300 to sheffield at any time is very poor, so that in itself tells its own tale.

But how many teams have we played in recent weeks that have been on bad runs - and we have got nothing ?

QPR, Stoke, Hull, Villa, Swansea, Millwall, Sheff Wed and WIgan are also.

Last night we would have gone above them with a win, we are now 6 points behind.

How many more chances of playing teams in a pickle do we need ?  And as usual we get them out of their pickles.

But watching sober last night, highlighted just how far we have sunk - it was dog shite from start to end - and to make matters worse they were terrible.

I honestly can't see any other way out but to change the manager before its too late.  You can't expect people to watch that level of "entertainment" - when you get more for free at the local park.

I am utterly deflated.

20 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just seen the Rotherham highlights this morning , a team not gifted with talent but works their socks off and try and do the basics right 

Net spend nothing just loans and frees

btw not suggesting they will stay up but they will make a better fight than us 

Exactly. In my opinion ken got it massively wrong giving Phil this season. Deserved canning after forest as I think it was more down to Burton, Barnsley and Sunderland. That run at the end was nothing short of abysmal.

I get pp hasn't had an easy hand but he really doesn't help himself. Have always been late to the party on wanting managers out but Lennon (when he started shrugging his shoulders) and pp at end of season have been the earliest. Perhaps my attitudes changing (as they are the 2 most recent) but what this man serves up is guff

5 minutes ago, tomski said:

Exactly. In my opinion ken got it massively wrong giving Phil this season. Deserved canning after forest as I think it was more down to Burton, Barnsley and Sunderland. That run at the end was nothing short of abysmal.

I get pp hasn't had an easy hand but he really doesn't help himself. Have always been late to the party on wanting managers out but Lennon (when he started shrugging his shoulders) and pp at end of season have been the earliest. Perhaps my attitudes changing (as they are the 2 most recent) but what this man serves up is guff

Made hard work of league 1 at one point 

should of gone after burton, his championship record with us Charlton & hull is shocking 

Unfortunately I don’t think he will go yet 

• Site Supporter

Managers like players have their level, PPs is League one. No doubting his commitment & he is a decent bloke & will do a good job elsewhere in the lower leagues but I can't see any way that he can turn this round.....and whilst I would be delighted if he succeeded in keeping us up I would still pot him at the end of the season because his preferred tactics & style of play are turgid & we need to evolve.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Managers like players have their level, PPs is League one. No doubting his commitment & he is a decent bloke & will do a good job elsewhere in the lower leagues but I can't see any way that he can turn this round.....and whilst I would be delighted if he succeeded in keeping us up I would still pot him at the end of the season because his preferred tactics & style of play are turgid & we need to evolve.

Said just that on Saturday. Just because someone is a decent secondary school teacher, doesn't mean they can make the jump to Oxford professor

PP lost me at QPR home game. A team who were clearly struggling and had let 7 in the week before were made to look like Barcelona by a home team who were hopelessly negative from the off. 

He may keep tinkering around with formations but he has a basic way of playing and type of player he prefers that he won't vary from. It's killing us and is surely going to cost him soon, this run is every bit as dismal as Xmas onwards was under Lennon

6 minutes ago, Traf said:

Parky should have gone after the Burton home defeat last season.

He should also have gone the day after the end of last season.

Failure to beat Wigan and that has to be the end of him.

It's incredible he is getting the Wigan game

23 hours ago, CumbrianWhite said:

Williams is one of the only players I’d give credit too. One of few who tries to play forward and passes and moves. I think In a half decent team he’d look a lot better. 

Agree with that, he's a good player aside from the huge problem of being unable to shoot. But how anyone can't see he's miles better technically and at tackling than Vela is very strange.

14 hours ago, mickbrown said:

I still think there ain’t a bad side lurking somewhere in that squad. 

Just need a new bloke to coax it out

But nobody can shoot, apart from Ameobi and Oz on a good day. It's depressing to watch the div 1 and 2 goals each week because every team in every division can score goals that we can only dream about, they fly in from distance from all angles, the last proper goal we scored was at PNE.

10 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

The crowd never turns though, we are too polite. We aren't villa or Leeds. We either encourage the team, sit on our hands, take it out on the ref or just leave early. It's called apathy and it doesn't get rid of managers.