Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Pie Eaters

Burndens Bogs

44 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Yet strangely positive

What formation is that then, with 3 wide players?

Ameobi at #10?

Think it will be Ameobi “up front” alongside Doidge - as close to a 442 as we’ll get.

Yet another system

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Didn’t bother today but seemed hard done by the ref, overall was it better? 

Looked at the last 3 games to collect some points back now to a hard set of fixtures where can’t see a win till maybe Boxing Day 

Can’t predict a win for this team absolutely every team in this league bar Ipswich better than us.

• Site Supporter

Didn't think I'd be here blaming the ref for us not winning. Two penalties; one given, one not. Both the wrong decision from what I saw and have subsequently heard on radio.

And the linesman on the WSL side; ref marked the disappearing line in front of the single Wigan player and as soon as he ran off, the one-man wall stood forwards of the line. I know it's only 6" but if "only 6 inches" is OK, then why draw a line in the first place> Linesman didn't bat an eyelid... yet he stopped play when a Wigan player lost a shin guard.

Just now, RoadRunnerFan said:

Penalty seemed to knock the stuffing out of us. 

Couldn't fault the effort but can't remember their keeper making a save (again). 

Still at least we didn't get beat by the Cheshire League mob. 

Agreed.

I always thought Wiganers were a thick bunch overall but let nobody say they don't have a sense of irony. Singing the 'empty seats my lord'. Self deprecation at its finest.

Got pwopa nawty after the game too

Referee saves Parkinson for another week

How many shots on target in the second half? Zero?

how many times did their centre back go the whole length of he pitch with the ball?

Another match closer to not renewing my season ticket.

Heres to Phil Parkinson. 

The serious lack of evidence to team training  is staggering. 

Edited by Eavesy

On first viewing from NSL, it was never a foul on Grigg. On second viewing, it’s a top tackle. Why is the poorly-positioned referee not asking his assistant?

As for the handball in the second half, point blank or not, Morsy has his hands in an ‘unnatural position’ for me. Penalty. 

Don’t think we were necessarily miles better than Latics as such, but we did enough to win it and held back by a pair of poor decisions.