Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Pie Eaters

Burndens Bogs

2 hours ago, Walkden White said:

Just back. Never a penalty. The handball one against them.... would probably have been annoyed if that had been given against us.

Some positives to take. Best game by Doidge and how he cleared that one over the bar in the second half I'll never know. Seems to be coping with the physicality better.

Thought Joe Williams had his best game since Preston. 

Can't fault the effort

We all see games differently. I honestly thought Doidge looked poor today, yes he won a couple of headers but generally absolutely no threat. No possibility of KA coughing up £100k never mind a mil. Williams had his worst game since Sheff U, I've been impressed with him lately but today his passing and decision making was dreadful. Lowe also had his worst game as did Ameobi. If we played any team that happened not to have lost their last 7 aways and were without their best attacker, we would have lost again.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

That performance was light years from the Swansea Match.

miles more intensity until the pen knocked us for six.

Always seems like a constant battle with our sub conscious not to revert to type and sit back and go long. We play some good stuff when we want to. 

Another day and a different ref we piss 3 points. 

...however its another game gone by and another 2 points down the drain.

If the manager can find it deep within to stick with that system it could be something to build on. There was fuck all wrong with today bar conceding ground too easily in spells after their goal.

But he will change it, you just know he will, and it’s back to drawing board for the players trying to get their head around another new set up. 

It was decent up to the penalty. Then it was the worst last hour of the season at home. Against Swansea we were far better, with Oztumer and Williams playing well. Today, not one player offensively played well and please explain how Wildschut gets on before Oz when Ameobi weirdly gets subbed. He has to change it because it was so poor, although  I accept we lose the next 2 whoever plays.

2 hours ago, Arrested development said:

Surprised by the negativity after that performance. Not sure what people were expecting but effort and intensity was there. Considering the players haven't been paid , you can't expect a lot better than that. 

I expect some passing to feet and an ability to shoot. I've taken that for granted for most of the last 40 years but now it seems too much to ask. Effort and intensity is always there.

8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It was decent up to the penalty. Then it was the worst last hour of the season at home. Against Swansea we were far better, with Oztumer and Williams playing well. Today, not one player offensively played well and please explain how Wildschut gets on before Oz when Ameobi weirdly gets subbed. He has to change it because it was so poor, although  I accept we lose the next 2 whoever plays.

Ameobi was dreadful second half. Should have been hauled off way earlier. Are you one of those obessed with ‘tricks and flicks’ because you seem to want all those type in the team even though Oztumer has done very little imo to warrant a place so far.

13 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We all see games differently. I honestly thought Doidge looked poor today, yes he won a couple of headers but generally absolutely no threat. No possibility of KA coughing up £100k never mind a mil. Williams had his worst game since Sheff U, I've been impressed with him lately but today his passing and decision making was dreadful. Lowe also had his worst game as did Ameobi. If we played any team that happened not to have lost their last 7 aways and were without their best attacker, we would have lost again.

Doidge isn't there to be a target man, winning headers and grappling in the air with their centre backs all day. He tried his best at that and kept getting into the positions where goals are scored, just didn't anything like the sort of service their two up front largely wasted.  Harry Kane wouldn't get 10 goals a season in our team with the non existent supply that comes from our midfield and defensive hoofers. 

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

Thought Williams had a good game. Where are you playing Oztumer in today’s system? We played better but lack some cutting edge. 

At half time with Noone and Buckley doing nothing, I would have put Oz in Ameobis position and put Sammi on the wing for Noone or Buckley. Each of our subs should have been Oz to play either up front or behind the striker, we all knew Wildscut and Magennis would add nothing, whereas Oz changes the way we play.

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

Ameobi was dreadful second half. Should have been hauled off way earlier. Are you one of those obessed with ‘tricks and flicks’ because you seem to want all those type in the team even though Oztumer has done very little imo to warrant a place so far.

You mean players who can control a ball, beat a man, pass and shoot? Yes I'm in that camp. If Oz has done nothing so far, neither has anyone else, we have to put 11 players on the pitch, I would just like 2 or 3 of them to be players that MIGHT score or assist. If you think we can improve in ameobi in this squad I give up.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

At half time with Noone and Buckley doing nothing, I would have put Oz in Ameobis position and put Sammi on the wing for Noone or Buckley. Each of our subs should have been Oz to play either up front or behind the striker, we all knew Wildscut and Magennis would add nothing, whereas Oz changes the way we play.

I'd have done same at H/T, especially with Noone on a yellow. Magennis later on was fair enough, he did occupy the defenders a bit and we did force a few situations in last 15 mins

22 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

You mean players who can control a ball, beat a man, pass and shoot? Yes I'm in that camp. If Oz has done nothing so far, neither has anyone else, we have to put 11 players on the pitch, I would just like 2 or 3 of them to be players that MIGHT score or assist. If you think we can improve in ameobi in this squad I give up.

Not being funny but Oztumer hasn’t shown he can pass or shoot when it counts. Buckley scored today. A decent goal too. 

Ameobi is our most likely creative talent but he was shot after 50 minutes and could barely run. The balance of today’s team was better. I don’t see Oztumer fitting in and frankly what I’ve seen of him he’s looked lost in this league. Bit too physical and fast for him.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Not being funny but Oztumer hasn’t shown he can pass

He has

Not his fault those presented with the opportunity didn't score

Donaldson v hull for example, Hobbs v villa was unlucky

Plenty of our players look lost in this league at the moment to be fair

6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

He has

Team today didn’t look lost. I’d stick with that 11 for a while.

• Moderators

And we had one shot on target today so we're not exactly blessed with players who can shoot when it counts

I'm not saying oztumer is going to save us or anything, just think he's criticised when for not delivering to his apparent potential which is unfair given the chopping and changing that goes on each and every week

Am sure he'll get another chance soon, hopefully before Donaldson, dyer, Vela get theirs

6 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Cheers for the tip with the tram from Radcliffe mate, worked a treat.

3 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Usual huff and puff with little class or style.

Nobody can tell me we don't have anybody better than Williams on the bench or in the u23 squad . 

I cannot remember the Wigan keeper making any saves . 2nd half shots on target must be zero . 

No pace , no movement, no creativity . Same old same old .

Only positive was the M62 and  M1 back to Nottingham was clear .

You guys need to chat...

Taken off their forum:

I’d just like to say well done to the Bolton fans who attacked us near Horwich Parkway station after the game. Got a couple of people in front of us on the floor and kicked them in the head then punched a 69 year old partially sighted man and hit someone with a heart condition too. Didn’t even care that there were children watching it all or care which team people supported. Loads of police near the ground but none all the way up from when we walked past Missoula to the A6.

15 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Not being funny but Oztumer hasn’t shown he can pass or shoot when it counts. Buckley scored today. A decent goal too. 

Ameobi is our most likely creative talent but he was shot after 50 minutes and could barely run. The balance of today’s team was better. I don’t see Oztumer fitting in and frankly what I’ve seen of him he’s looked lost in this league. Bit too physical and fast for him.

I will agree to disagree, although I accept he hasn't done as well as his ability demands. But I am thinking of the cross at villa for Hobbs that was all but a goal, the outside of the boot quality pass to Donaldson which was possibly the only time we have had a striker bearing down on the keeper all season, the superb finish at Leeds, the passes inside the full back for the winger to run onto that nobody else can attempt apart from Sammi, the occasional shots on goal which have dried up since he was dropped. And the number of times he beats a man as if he isn't there when taking the ball in tight situations. I fail to see how he is out of his depth compared to the struggles of his teammates. Simply 1 of our better offensive players in my opinion.

15 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

He has

That's my point, you put it better than me. We are replacing a possible scorer and provider of goals with too many players that simply don't have an assist or shot in them.

6 hours ago, matty2094 said:

Taken off their forum:

I’d just like to say well done to the Bolton fans who attacked us near Horwich Parkway station after the game. Got a couple of people in front of us on the floor and kicked them in the head then punched a 69 year old partially sighted man and hit someone with a heart condition too. Didn’t even care that there were children watching it all or care which team people supported. Loads of police near the ground but none all the way up from when we walked past Missoula to the A6.

Fuck em