Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

College Football

bolty58

• Members

I won't corrupt the NFL thread with this stuff any more - a separate thread is better.

Did anyone watch LSU at the Aggies last weekend? Quite possibly the most astonishing game of American Football I have ever seen.

74-72 to the Aggies after SEVEN overtimes!!!! Records broken all over the place. Absolutely amazing entertainment. If you can find it, do it!!!!

• Members
16 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Saw the score but wasn't able to watch it. Ohio State walloping Michigan was entertaining 

Bama are gonna make mincemeat of my Georgia Bulldogs this weekend. 

1) A shame. It was a belter.

2) Yes it was!

3) Methinks thou art correct.

• Site Supporter

Notre Dame played Syracuse in NYC while I was there. It was a full house and shown in every pub in New York plus half the Times Square bill boards. I couldn't help thinking that this was akin to non-league football here but was every bit as big and important as a NFL game.

• Members

Semi finals for the National Championship look outstanding. Still think Alabama look unstoppable. Don't really care as long as Clemson win the other semi.

I'll probably miss these as I'll be (hopefully) closing a deal in Southern Spain at the time. Probably get to a FC Malaga game though so there are always compensations!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Lost track having been sunning myself in the south of Spain for the last 3 weeks or so. Knew the mighty Badgers smashed the 'Canes in the Pinstripe Bowl due to messages from fellow fans over there but didn't know Clemson beat Alabama until I saw a news article about Trump feeding the Clemson team burgers, pizza and other fast food at the White House reception due to the government shutdown caused by Schumer and Pelosi.

Was it a good game?