Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trotters v Potters

Steejay

20 hours ago, Steejay said:

Alnwick

Olkowski Wheater Beevers Taylor 

O’Neill Lowe Williams Ameobi

Donaldson Magennis 

I just think Wilson doesn’t do enough and Doidge isn’t good enough yet. Donaldson worked hard but never looks like scoring. So much better without our three shit wingers though - at last.

Doidge and Donaldson looked a decent partnership IMO, Magennis is very poor I think parky would want his head examining if he changed the front two after the Rotherham game 

• Moderators
Just now, MickyD said:

I'll take a draw

Anybody suggesting we might better a draw is just setting up the 'a draw against them is shit'

They may be a disjointed team ( i dont believe they are) but seeing as we won't be scoring many, the odd moment of class is generally enough to beat us

They're going at 2 points a game for the last 3 months, we are at 2 points a month

3-1 Stoke

• Moderators

As for team selection, it looks to me like Taylor and ameobi won't make it

So that 2 changes

Can oneills do it again

Folk want Wilson out and the pole in, so that's another 2

Donaldsons shit so Magennis in, but he's shit

Wheater looked pissed and to be fair, probably isn't up to 2 games in 4 days

Fcuk me, that's half a team

After a win

Glad we didn't lose....

Just read 50% pass accuracy against Rotherham

Stoke at 80 and 70 per cent possession

Hope it was on the edge of their box

On paper, this is a mismatch, with a premier league squad against a division 1 squad.....even worse, we could be missing Ameobi, Taylor & Wheater,

but,  at Stoke, Ince was very good & needs watching, but the rest of them were nothing special & looking at their forum, it seems that their fans are ready for turning on them because their squad really should be doing better. If we can take the lead, some of theirs might not fancy it if their fans turn against them, but if Stoke score first, we'll probably struggle.

I'll take a draw.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bolton va va said:

On paper, this is a mismatch, with a premier league squad against a division 1 squad.....even worse, we could be missing Ameobi, Taylor & Wheater,

but,  at Stoke, Ince was very good & needs watching, but the rest of them were nothing special & looking at their forum, it seems that their fans are ready for turning on them because their squad really should be doing better. If we can take the lead, some of theirs might not fancy it if their fans turn against them, but if Stoke score first, we'll probably struggle.

I'll take a draw.

Like I said, they're at 2 points a game for the last 3 months

If their fans aren't happy with that, they are number than I thought

I had em to go up when they bear us and I still do

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, bolton va va said:

I'll take a draw.

I know their  fans aren’t happy, we’re sharing a box with 5 of them and they’ve told us that they’re underperforming massively. I hope so and would be chuffed if we drew 2-2. Drinks in Fanny’s later :D

Fucking hate Stoke. Wembley and the relegation game are all I need to get my back up

That said, I'll give them two moments. Julian Darby scoring to beat them and them celebrating because it meant we might go up instead of Port Vale (last match I ever went to with my Dad)..............and them rushing ESL and the cleaners coming in to remove the brown stains.......

Hate the cunts with a passion.......so meeting meeting my Stokie mates for a pint pre-game

1-1 and happy with that   

Take a draw. But the sad thing is even if its 0-5 the fans will not voice their feelings. Instead they will slowly leave the ground.

Parky isn't gettting the sack.

Wages will be payed in Jan.

But administration is lurking in Feb.

The above will happen even if we win with a dodgy last minute penalty !!