Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pete Shelley

globaldiver

• Site Supporter

My sister's fella was in a band that toured with the Buzzcocks in the 90's on one of their comeback tours. Did a full UK drag with them of about 20 gigs.

He says Pete Shelley was a great bloke but the drummer was the biggest cunt walking. 

One night, the Buzzcocks drummer and my mates drummer had a fight half way through the support set because the Buzzcocks drummer thought he'd has his drumsticks stolen. Full on scrap half way through a song.

RIP Pete Shelley.

18 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

FFS M get a grip!
Each to their own an' all that.

I thought the early Buzzcocks had more of a cutting edge with Devoto, don't get me wrong, Pete Shelley was a brilliant song writer and singer, but more melodic and made brilliant tunes. To me Magazine was more experimental and very under rated.

15 minutes ago, Spider said:

My sister's fella was in a band that toured with the Buzzcocks in the 90's on one of their comeback tours. Did a full UK drag with them of about 20 gigs.

He says Pete Shelley was a great bloke but the drummer was the biggest cunt walking. 

One night, the Buzzcocks drummer and my mates drummer had a fight half way through the support set because the Buzzcocks drummer thought he'd has his drumsticks stolen. Full on scrap half way through a song.

RIP Pete Shelley.

I remember the drummer bouncing his drumsticks off peoples heads at King Georges hall cos some wankers were spitting at them.

All part and parcel with watching that type of band in the late 70's/early 80's

Every gig kicked off like fuck.

Happy days.

Just now, leigh white said:

Ha ha, I was on the Lever End in 71 dressed more smarter than you Bolton scruffs, you was months behind fashion. Did you ever go to Manchester shopping for clothes ?

Course I did mate.....was at Oasis when the underground scene started.

Mind you, you lot from Wigan were still wearing MCB donkey jackets then supplied by King Arthur :D

25 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Plenty of scruffy cunts so where you go these days, the youth of today don't seem to have any pride anymore like we did.

Spot on Mick.....care to detail  has gone these days.

I even know someone who last bought a pair of trainers four years ago for £15 from Tesco......I spend more on my Neo Nazi mesh thong :D

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Spot on Mick.....care to detail  has gone these days.

I even know someone who last bought a pair of trainers four years ago for £15 from Tesco......I spend more on my Neo Nazi mesh thong :D

Ha ha, spent more today on a can of waterproof spray for my new adidos trainers than a pair of grey marl jogging tracky bottoms that the youth seem to buy these days.

7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I currently reside in Leigh and yes Pete Shelley was born in Leigh, and I'm sure he will be mortified about the clobber being worn in that part of the world, the regular Leyther usually dons a pair of Lonsdale trainers and a pair of grey joggers and of course a Firetrap hoodie..... and the place smells of fucking weed!

Spent 30 years in M 29 and hopped over the border to WN 7, miles cheaper for car insurance living in Leigh.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I spent 5 years in M29. Now in Leigh and my car insurance doubled! I did change insurance companies and got it for the same price.  The thing is Leigh is fucking cheap for drinking and that's were I will be tomorrow raising a glass for Pete Shelley :D

That's the only thing good about Leigh, really cheap ale and watching the rugby team away.

Fucking brilliant tonight 

Absolutely fucking brilliant 

Madness incorporated “Ever Fallen In Love” into “It Must Be Love” in their set with a massive video pic of Pete Shelley and a big acapella version of Ever Fallen In Love

Wish I could put in on here but not that clever