Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Chelsea Race Row

royal white

Yet again trial by social media could cost someone their livelihood. This clip has been tweeted many thousands of times today claiming the guy in blue was calling sterling a ‘fucking black cunt’ now I’m no lip reader but I reckon he’s saying “fucking Manc cunt” I’m sure if it was the racist chant the black guy, the steward (shown on another clip) or what looks like the black woman stood behind him would have had something to say to him.

No doubt there will be calls from the usual lot for him to be sacked from his job and banned from football.

• Moderators

Saw this, was tweeted by some arsenal fan

Load of bollocks, you cant hear him

Folk were saying "but you can see what he's saying"

I don't think you can, wouldn't stand up in court

It's funny how all the white guys are spitting blood though but the black lad is just watching. Guess the white guys read the sun and don't like him for his lavish lifestyle.

Looks like fuck of you nigger, which obviously cannot be defended If that wasn’t what he said, then I’m sure many of here have vented similar frustrations at a match,  like Zico said it’s virtually impossible to prove either way, likelihood is Chelsea will ban him which is fair enough. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

16 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I'm no lip reader either -  but it looks like the guy on the right is shouting

'You've got all the physical attributes but your decision making in the final third is why I never think you'll be properly considered world class'

And I'd have to say I agree with him. 

Nope. He's asking why, when you get a chance from a cross in the box Raheem, you never strike the ball well. 

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

Mmm. Looks more like "black" to me. 

Looks or sounds

That's the issue for me

Anyway, police are investigating, presume this will involve asking Sterling what he said to him

If it was racist, ban him, if it wasn't, carry on

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ghana White said:

I honestly can't tell what he's saying, get a professional in though they'll be able to tell in 5 seconds. Life ban if he is.. I'm not a big fan of trial by media.

It's where I'm at. They said you didn't need to be an expert lip-reader to see what he's saying.

Well, to me, you don't need to be an expert lip-reader to see that whatever he says is full of vitriol and possibly hate but what he actually says is not so clear.

Manc Cunt or Black Cunt, the only difference is the movement of the tongue INSIDE the mouth for the L in bLack and N in MaNc.

Whatever he shouted then it’s unacceptable.

If it was racist then ban him for life.

If it wasn’t then ban him for one season.

This zero tolerance approach will surely mean its only a matter of time before we’re sat in stadiums with the atmosphere of a morgue.

And that can only be good for the majority.

• Site Supporter

numptey for getting that abusive towards a player..

I do reckon the player would have reacted differently had it been racist.. 

I had a lad use the word "nigger" the other day.. Packed dining hall and pretty much everyone in the near vicinity stopped dead in their tracks.. people react to racism straight away..

Edited by only1swanny

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

Whatever he shouted then it’s unacceptable.

If it was racist then ban him for life.

If it wasn’t then ban him for one season.

This zero tolerance approach will surely mean its only a matter of time before we’re sat in stadiums with the atmosphere of a morgue.

And that can only be good for the majority.

If you want him banned for one season for a non racist comment then what do you think the punishment for players should be? Week in week out we see players calling each other and officials every name under the sun.