Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dirty, Horrible, Leeds

globaldiver

It's no good pretending we can compete with some teams in this division anymore and the premier League that we used to enjoy is light years away.

All these clubs like city, utd, Liverpool etc are not what we are about, have you ever been?  Unless it's BWFC is it even enjoyable? NO. It feels plastic, it feels like you don't belong, it feels like you've gone into your bosses house for a pi$$ and splashed a bit on the matching pedistal set.

The first game I ever went to the Reebok we played Liverpool 1-1 felt like I was at an away game , No bring back the White we were, come from nothing upset everyone, rub there noses in it an have a damm good time along the way.

We're obviously going back to start again, as we were when I got addicted circa 73 and for the rest of the 70s that set the tone.    "Who's that coming up the hill boys?".

Effort can't be questioned again, hard work restricted them to not a lot after first 15 mins, but when we did break it up and try to go forward our efforts were, again, embarrassingly bad. They were nothing special at the back and, against better teams than us would have conceded through trying to be City when they're not. Do we ever do any work in training on one touch play in tight areas, or is it just every other team we play that does more of it than us?

Buckley was horrendous today, cost us the goal and his other efforts were pathetic. As has been said, constantly knocked off ball, constantly overran it, a winger with no pace and no tricks. Wildschut no better, what the hell is he? Nil contribution again. Pace but f**k all else.

Lowe and Vela both good, Lowe especially, loads of good blocks, interceptions and clearances. 

Could stand days like today (an honest effort and narrow loss against a much better team), it's the approach and performance against the ones we should be targeting for points that are killing us. Ok if PP sets out in 'stay in the game's mode against the top six but in the ones we should be getting points from he has to give us something to cling to and get behind by setting out to win. Otherwise it's an admission we are the worst team in the league. 

If we're going to go down, which is inevitable at the moment, I'd sooner go with a few performances, efforts and goals I can recall. Supporting BWFC, which I've done unbroken for 47 years, is a thoroughly depressing experience. It has been a good few times before down the decades but this has a hopeless air of inevitability about it

No lack of effort but a real lack of quality......I couldn't begin to count the number of times that simple passes were fucked up, with Buckley the worst offender today. By constantly giving the ball away we couldn't create any pressure & you couldn't see where a goal was coming from until we went route 1 at the end & did cause them a few problems.

That said, it looked like a penalty to me, & 100 times more of a penalty than the one given against us last home game.

• Site Supporter

That fucking cunt of a cunt Buckley. I'm as angry as I've been since Burton away. That fucking twat had the cheek to cup his ear when he scored against the pie eaters when he's the laziest fucker to ever play for us. He's a fucking joke & if Parky can't see that then he's a fucking joke too. The goal came when he gave it up and he was trotting back - he just doesn't give a toss & he should never play for us again....(Danny Dyer pause)...Twat.

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Probably fingered Parkys wife

2 hours ago, Blondi said:

Is Luke Murphy really that bad? What the fook has happened to him? 

Looked shit to me, who’s he better than? Not Lowe, not Williams and probably on par with vela and offers fuck all offensively. Bad signing bad player. 

Just about warmed up.

My view of today is that I arrived at the ground with little expectation, as has been the case all recently , & this helped me to endure the 90 minutes.

The elements were a great leveller as, though Leeds pressed us well & created opportunities early, we settled into the game. It was low quality stuff but at least we were competing & grafting.

After an hour, we needed a brave manager to haul off Buckley & Magennis (both poor). Sadly we know that Parky isn’t one of those managers.

The penalty that never was, in my view, would be given 7/10 times.

There are many losing faith at the minute & I understand why. For me, I’ll continue to take my boy & meet my dad for every game as it’s the only club I’ll ever love & that won’t change. My son also needs to know that when the good times come (they will!!) he will enjoy them more than most.

I pray that we can find a way to stay up this season & start next season with a new owner, manager & some optimism.

Keep the faith chaps......

2 hours ago, CSBWFC said:

Buckley , Noone & Lowe waste of space  

losing 1-0 and nobody up 

wheater and Hobbs had a decent game .

we just allow teams to play and build confidence

gift goal & another poor referee 

business as usual. 

Hoped for more ...... But didn't expect any different ! 

Harsh on Lowe, a real battler, I've got a lot of time for him. Buckley as bad a player as I've seen consistently picked for Bolton. Understatement on Wheater and Hobbs. If that was part of a smash and grab 1-0 win like Derby or Reading, they would both get 9 out of 10, top quality defending and 100% committment.  We had worse defenders in the Prem (Knight, O'Brien to name 2 of many).

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just seem noone penalty shout, not a pen for me.

Quest have just shown a reverse angle. Clear as day boot to the back of the Noone’s leg and nowhere near the ball. As clear a penalty as you’ll see in a long time. Though we’d have probably fucking missed it anyway. 

16 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just seem noone penalty shout, not a pen for me.

Was sat in North Upper right over it, didn't get out of my seat. Not one for me either. Thought ref was ok apart from being lenient with their winger (3 fouls, one a nasty one yet no yellow), yet showing one to Lowe for a nothing foul second half

2 hours ago, HomerJay said:

Those possessions stats are bollocks. Most of it was in their own half.

Great desire , hunger and workrate today. Could have easily have come away with a draw. Average players don't become worldbeaters overnight. Lack of quality was obvious but that's were we are right now. 

As long as we show that kind of committment every week then I'm not sure what folk can moan about .

Just carry that on to the next game and we actually have a chance.

Yes amongst all the misplaced passes, complete inability to shoot and lack of pace, after an hour I felt a bit of pride at the effort and togetherness the players showed. As for what can we moan about, for me its knowing that the manager has picked 11 players that can't shoot or pass inventively, whilst leaving 1 that can, Oztumer, out of the team yet again. 

Wasn’t as bad as I predicted before the game, Leeds didn’t look at the races tbh

now misplace passes and first touches of a bleeding rapist are nothing to do with how good a player is,they are basic requirements which the management team are responsible for 

times like this you realise how well madine played that roll megennis needs to watch some videos 

Like someone else said you can’t blame the goal just on Buckley but god he really is bad 

46 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Wasn’t as bad as I predicted before the game, Leeds didn’t look at the races tbh

now misplace passes and first touches of a bleeding rapist are nothing to do with how good a player is,they are basic requirements which the management team are responsible for 

times like this you realise how well madine played that roll megennis needs to watch some videos 

Like someone else said you can’t blame the goal just on Buckley but god he really is bad 

Magennis was what I thought he was when we signed him, a League 1 player. All very unlikely I know but if we got Madine back till end of season and played Doidge off him we'd stay up, even with our limited talent and brand of football