Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dirty, Horrible, Leeds

globaldiver

2 hours ago, roybarker said:

It's parkys total reluctance to change the shape of the team even after going 1-0 down it took him 6 minutes to take Buckley off,then it was like for like as usual

Our problem is the same as it has been for ages,no creativity from midfield 

No creativity from anywhere. It’s fucking shit. I’m sure if we actually attempted to attack we would have more success. The players just look fucked and devoid of any quality and ideas. 

That gulf in class between league one and the championship well we’re sat slap bang in the middle of it.

id love to know where Leeds get their players from barring Bamford are they mostly lower league / home grown? 

Im getting fed up of seeing teams that want to and can retain possession we just cannot string a pass together it’s pathetic and I blame the management mostly the style of play is neither here nor there ..... hurry up reading!! And if it’s a careful what you wish for I don’t give a fuck because for the first time yesterday sat in the hotel at 3-05 I thought I can’t be fucked with this next season and me and the lads were chatting about what else we could do to excuse meeting for a beer......very grim

oh and Luke Murphy can’t get a game because we have to have a home grown player in the squad which is vela ..... when he goes to Brum in Jan to keep the lights on another month I guess it’ll have to be jake turner!?

Edited by onlyoneawalker

10 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Anyone blaming Buckley for their goal can fuck off. 

Yes he's shit and his falling over yet again was pathetic. However he lost the ball on the edge of their area. The other 10 players still have to do their job and stop the goal. 

For me the manner of him losing the ball is enough to point a finger his way. It summed up his game - weak, half-arsed and zero threat whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

For me the manner of him losing the ball is enough to point a finger his way. It summed up his game - weak, half-arsed and zero threat whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong he was shite and losing the ball there weak as piss. 

But if you lose the ball at the edge of the opposition box. You should expect the rest of the team to be able to not allow that to result in a gial

• Moderators

One thing that wound me up was when Noome picked the ball up towards the right and ran the width of the pitch

You could see he was going to give it to Taylor, but no one made a run up the left wing to give Taylor an option

Taylor just chipped it up the left wing anyway to nobody and gave it back to Leeds

Shite

13 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

One thing that wound me up was when Noome picked the ball up towards the right and ran the width of the pitch

You could see he was going to give it to Taylor, but no one made a run up the left wing to give Taylor an option

Taylor just chipped it up the left wing anyway to nobody and gave it back to Leeds

Shite

Was that when Magennis was operating on one leg and was as mobile as a brick? 

2 hours ago, onlyoneawalker said:

That gulf in class between league one and the championship well we’re sat slap bang in the middle of it.

id love to know where Leeds get their players from barring Bamford are they mostly lower league / home grown? 

Im getting fed up of seeing teams that want to and can retain possession we just cannot string a pass together it’s pathetic and I blame the management mostly the style of play is neither here nor there ..... hurry up reading!! And if it’s a careful what you wish for I don’t give a fuck because for the first time yesterday sat in the hotel at 3-05 I thought I can’t be fucked with this next season and me and the lads were chatting about what else we could do to excuse meeting for a beer......very grim

oh and Luke Murphy can’t get a game because we have to have a home grown player in the squad which is vela ..... when he goes to Brum in Jan to keep the lights on another month I guess it’ll have to be jake turner!?

Leeds spent £7m on Bamford and £3m on a left back in the summer. Previous year bought loads https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leeds-united/transfers/verein/399/plus/0?saison_id=2017&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=  

That is why they have better players than us. 

38 minutes ago, Ani said:

Leeds spent £7m on Bamford and £3m on a left back in the summer. Previous year bought loads https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leeds-united/transfers/verein/399/plus/0?saison_id=2017&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=  

That is why they have better players than us. 

Interesting cheers ...... I still think we have the squad to play better football or have a go - we’ve gone worse with a better squad imo

1 hour ago, Kane57 said:

Buckley was one on one with last man, he should at least get a shot away or hold the ball up to wait for support, yet he falls over something he has done on numerous occasions in similar situations, sadly we’ve no one to replace him otherwise he’d be getting splinters in his arse week in week out. 

27 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Ah the old they spent £££ on a player, wasn’t long before that one was rolled out 

He asked a question where they got their players from. 

Simple question for you. Bamford or Magennis ? 

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

He asked a question where they got their players from. 

Simple question for you. Bamford or Magennis ? 

Silly question to ask 

obviously money gives you better options without doubt 

but it’s not the make or break Ipswich spent shade over 3m and 4 points behind Norwich 4m and top it’s not an exact science some think 

9 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Silly question to ask 

but it’s not the make or break Ipswich spent shade over 3m and 4 points behind Norwich 4m and top it’s not an exact science some think 

In fairness, Ipswich also recouped all that money selling players.

Norwich also spent 15m last year, again sales of players recouped that. So it’s not like they have barely spent anything 

anyhow, the difference yesterday is Leeds brought on a 7m striker who scored his first chance. We brought on a guy from Forest Green who’s on loan and didn’t create a chance.

we are where I would expect to be with the players we have. Last year was a miracle to stay up and this year is looking like it will need the same. Some of the players can play better, however most probably wouldn’t get in any other championship team.

Edited by Matty

5 minutes ago, Matty said:

In fairness, Ipswich also recouped all that money selling players.

Norwich also spent 15m last year, again sales of players recouped that. So it’s not like they have barely spent anything 

anyhow, the difference yesterday is Leeds brought on a 7m striker who scored his first chance. We brought on a guy from Forest Green who’s on loan and didn’t create a chance.

we are where I would expect to be with the players we have. Last year was a miracle to stay up and this year is looking like it will need the same. Some of the players can play better, however most probably wouldn’t get in any other championship team.

We are where most expected big difference is not the position it’s the performances

Parkinson has shown he can push and get results this is not happening now 

we didn’t lose yesterday because they spent ££££ we lost due to sloppy basic play with some bite we could of won that like we did last season grinding results out 

Edited by radcliffe white

29 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Silly question to ask 

No one said it was an exact science. But a pretty simple equation that spending will over time get you a better team. I do not think anyone in the club can think they are doing a good job at the moment. But in last 3 games we got 1 point. A team playing with a bit more confidence and rub of the green would have got 5 at least. ( 2 pen decisions v Wigan another yesterday and late goal at Norwich). 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

No one said it was an exact science. But a pretty simple equation that spending will over time get you a better team. I do not think anyone in the club can think they are doing a good job at the moment. But in last 3 games we got 1 point. A team playing with a bit more confidence and rub of the green would have got 5 at least. ( 2 pen decisions v Wigan another yesterday and late goal at Norwich). 

Hopefully we will get some luck going forwards, Brentford & Rotherham we simply needs to get points out of