Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dirty, Horrible, Leeds

globaldiver

Each and every one of the team can and has played a lot better for us and their previous clubs than they are this season. Apart from lack of confidence there's only one reason for it. Problem is i can't see him turning it round. I am sure he's a really nice bloke but he's lost his way.

Edited by waffer cup 07

Had we got the pen we would have missed it.

If not then Leeds would have scored again anyway.

PP - These players have been great in training have they? Broken record. Perhaps give them the week off because things can surely get no worse. We lose every week, sometimes twice.

PP - We’ve all given up on you and your team.

Please just walk away, you’re an embarrassment.

Edited by captainmed

33 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

4 is the minimum requirement.

It will take us until Feb to get 4 points.

I was looking at some pics from the Brizzle 6 match and you’re on a couple.

This season has all the same characteristics.

Relegated at Derby - same as.

10 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Had we got the pen we would have missed it.

If not then Leeds would have scored again anyway.

PP - These players have been great in training have they? Broken record. Perhaps give them the week off because things can surely get no worse. We lose every week sometimes twice.

PP - We’ve all given up on you and your team.

Please just walk away, you’re an embarrassment.

Totally agree. His team now plays like him dull and boring. It's stale.

The chaos at the club has made it look like he a steady hand on the tiller, and credit where its due he got us promoted, but actually he is just a very dull man, with a very dull team.

I am sure he is a nice manager to play for, but not sure that is what a manager should be. Get shut now.

Does anyone seriously think a Warnock type couldn't get more out of these players??

Edited by JimmyRiddle

1 hour ago, Matty said:

anyhow, the difference yesterday is Leeds brought on a 7m striker who scored his first chance. We brought on a guy from Forest Green who’s on loan and didn’t create a chance.

we are where I would expect to be with the players we have. Last year was a miracle to stay up and this year is looking like it will need the same. Some of the players can play better, however most probably wouldn’t get in any other championship team.

Aye.......There's not much difference between the two seasons' teams but last season, Madine's goals & the points he won were the difference between staying up & going down & we just got away with selling him. ( £6m was far too good to turn down )

Now, the defence with Lowe & Williams in midfield are adequate but we don't have the attacking threat to take the pressure off the defence & can't score enough goals to turn single goal defeats into draws or draws into narrow wins. Our biggest hope is Ameobi who is injury prone & inconsistant , or that Oztumer & Doidge can make the step up to championship level very quickly which isn't looking likely this season.

I honestly can’t believe some are still championing PP as our best option? And before anyone asks the question, no I don’t know the solution but as I’ve said on a previous post before, that isn’t my or anyone else’s job to work out apart from one man. Someone mentioned Gary Bowyer the other day? He’d do a better job than PP at this moment in time. I’m convinced 

no we don’t have any money, yes we are trying to piece together a squad of freebies and cast offs but these still are professional footballers. The reason they are freebies and cast offs is, their ability might not be spot on every time. They will make the wrong decision, liable to mistakes etc etc. But there’s a HUGE difference in that and them not being able to compete at this level. Are they getting smashed 4 or 5 nil every week? No. It’s 1-0, 2-1, Which shows they can compete.

the question then falls on how is the manager setting them up? Is he getting the best out of them? Is he maximising their abilities? And without doubt the resounding answer to those and any other question you want to ask is No!! Yesterday’s performance was like all of the others recently, huffed and puffed, created next to nothing and came away with nothing. There are many other teams up and down the land which cost nothing which are far more Postive in their approaches so the fact these players didn’t come with a £7m price tag is bollocks. That doesn’t make you more positive it just ensures that you do the right thing more often 

nothing will change over the coming weeks, and we will all be sat here in the new year making the same excuses about the same things 

• Site Supporter

Yesterday for the 1st time I left with 20 mins to go because I simply have no faith we could get back into it.

The football on offer is dreadful. Without a change of manager I’m not doing any always after Sheffield and I’m not bothering with home midweeks. I’ve lost all interest in watching this shit

3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Yesterday for the 1st time I left with 20 mins to go because I simply have no faith we could get back into it.

The football on offer is dreadful. Without a change of manager I’m not doing any always after Sheffield and I’m not bothering with home midweeks. I’ve lost all interest in watching this shit

Like to see season ticket numbers next season if he’s still about, it won’t just be a few 

I'm more thinking now we have just got poor players and I'm not convinced a new manager will make much difference now particularity to our goals for column. If you look at the 4 furthest forward players yesterday:-

Noone - been a good player at this level but we've not really seen it. Probably past his best

Buckley - actually been a very good player in the past but with injuries is definitely past his best.

Magennis - looked ok at the start of the season with but was probably just playing above himself. Now reverted to what he is an honest league 1 player.

Vela - just put in a typical Vela performance yesterday and never looked like creating.

Yesterday Noone and Buckley in particular had many chances to play a simple pass to put someone in but their touch was just poor or they fell over. Many of these times Leeds had coughed up possession but we couldn't take advantage.

For the above reasons he may as well persevere with Oztumer and Doidge to see if they can eventually make it at this level because we've now seen enough of the others to be sure they can't

We were unlucky yesterday. Saying that I think we had a chance to do them yesterday. They were no great shakes. I felt just before they scored we were turning the screw and it was crying out for a sub. This has to sit with PP. I feel that was a point dropped.

i don’t know whether it was the weather but that crowd was very low. Whichever way you sit with Ken and co they are driving people away, which is sad.

deffo a pen again for me. Dissapointed with PP saying a 7mill man was the difference. It was a text book goal that one of ours could score.

in brighter news I think we have enough to stay up and I’m not convinced it’s a lost cause yet

3 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Each and every one of the team can and has played a lot better for us and their previous clubs than they are this season. Apart from lack of confidence there's only one reason for it. Problem is i can't see him turning it round. I am sure he's a really nice bloke but he's lost his way.

Can't agree with your 1st sentence. Not 1 of our 5 first choice defenders or keeper are playing below their standard, in fact we've avoided some hammerings arguably thanks to them, especially Wheater and Hobbs.  Lowe is doing what it says on his CV. Ameobi the same, a mixture of injuries, quiet halves, assists and goals. It's difficult to judge the strikers but parky could have saved himself a problem by building the forward line around ALF, he would have sniffed out 4 or 5 goals by now not to mention simply being a better footballer than the 3 we have now.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m a Parky, fan but 1 up top at home is clearly not working he has to surely change that tactic. 

We try that and will get smashed by 2 or 3 instead of by the one goal margins. I think he’s intent on keeping it tight and just praying for a goal. 

53 minutes ago, Smiley said:

We try that and will get smashed by 2 or 3 instead of by the one goal margins. I think he’s intent on keeping it tight and just praying for a goal. 

I get that but we might just suprise someone and nick the odd win and goal difference ain’t going to keep us up.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

7 hours ago, Matty said:

In fairness, Ipswich also recouped all that money selling players.

Norwich also spent 15m last year, again sales of players recouped that. So it’s not like they have barely spent anything 

anyhow, the difference yesterday is Leeds brought on a 7m striker who scored his first chance. We brought on a guy from Forest Green who’s on loan and didn’t create a chance.

we are where I would expect to be with the players we have. Last year was a miracle to stay up and this year is looking like it will need the same. Some of the players can play better, however most probably wouldn’t get in any other championship team.

Spot on post this, right where I was driving home last night. When asked in Aug to pick where we'd finished, after all the ins and outs, I though we might improve a couple of places and end up about 6th bottom. No more than that, though I thought I might see a bit more football. If you're operating in the market of cast offs from other mid table Championship sides and a few decent operators in League 1 and  2 your expectations can't be much higher. 

I'm not entirely sure another manager would get us playing better and up the table because we've too many PP types in the squad. He believes in a way of playing and seeks players that suit that. So we end up with too many chuggers, ground coverers and space deniers, who get around the pitch but at no great pace, and have no great flair or creativity either. The one thing we were crying out for after last season was pace, from front to back of the pitch. The only player PP's brought in that has added any of that (Wildschut) has absolutely nothing else to his game. 

It is about your football philosophy at the end of the day, PP has his, it worked getting us out of League 1 but is nowhere near what's required in the Championship, which has moved on over past two or three seasons in terms of style and pace of play. We're in a mess because we're stuck with PP's way which, over three  seasons has been allowed to become too entrenched. Even a modest budget I'm sure it's possible to put together a squad of sufficient youth, pace and ability, coach them the basics of passing, moving and keeping the ball, and win a few matches. Problem is, it'll take us going back down and another clear out to give a new bloke with a less archaic philosophy a decent blank canvas to work with.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, ianofrochdale said:

Spot on post this, right where I was driving home last night. When asked in Aug to pick where we'd finished, after all the ins and outs, I though we might improve a couple of places and end up about 6th bottom. No more than that, though I thought I might see a bit more football. If you're operating in the market of cast offs from other mid table Championship sides and a few decent operators in League 1 and  2 your expectations can't be much higher. 

I'm not entirely sure another manager would get us playing better and up the table because we've too many PP types in the squad. He believes in a way of playing and seeks players that suit that. So we end up with too many chuggers, ground coverers and space deniers, who get around the pitch but at no great pace, and have no great flair or creativity either. The one thing we were crying out for after last season was pace, from front to back of the pitch. The only player PP's brought in that has added any of that (Wildschut) has absolutely nothing else to his game. 

It is about your football philosophy at the end of the day, PP has his, it worked getting us out of League 1 but is nowhere near what's required in the Championship, which has moved on over past two or three seasons in terms of style and pace of play. We're in a mess because we're stuck with PP's way which, over three  seasons has been allowed to become too entrenched. Even a modest budget I'm sure it's possible to put together a squad of sufficient youth, pace and ability, coach them the basics of passing, moving and keeping the ball, and win a few matches. Problem is, it'll take us going back down and another clear out to give a new bloke with a less archaic philosophy a decent blank canvas to work with.

For the last time!!.....You can't come on here talking sense like that.