Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Helping those less fortunate at Christmas...

Traf

On 10/12/2018 at 16:44, Traf said:

If you go in your local Tesco, you'll probably notice they're asking people to spare a few extra coins on their shop and buy a few extra items to dump into the big donation bins.
They're for homeless shelters, food banks, elderly etc. The thing is most people are proper skint themselves at the minute, and as much as you'd like to help, you can't spare the few extra quid.

But I know who can... Tesco.  With their £450+ million PROFIT last tax year.

So if you want to help, put some UHT milk, tinned meats/veg and bog rolls in a separate basket as you go round, and dump it in the donation box before you go to pay for your stuff.
It's not stealing because it hasn't left the store. No one checks.
You can feel like Robin Hood and you might just help someone out.

Thats the best post Ive seen in here this year. And a great idea. I dont shop at Tescos but I will go in and buy some food and put them in the donation box.

7 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Got to ask you two; when you're having a good gander at a luscious beauty on here, do you ever think "fuck me that's some bloke's daughter"? :D

No. Otherwise I'd be thinking about the father-in-law every time Mrs Manc was being served a treat........and that's not a thought that would keep me going :D 

On 11/12/2018 at 08:30, bolty58 said:

If he's spent a little time there, he might have some interesting stories for you! You can't go taking liberties in Napoli!

Please give him my best regards upon his (hopefully safe!) return.

He’s back safe and sound now P.....currently sat drinking mulled plonk with me....from Morrison’s on Bury Road where the mad African tried to attack folk earlier.

Keep checking your email pal, M is going to send a few snaps over.........from Naples not Morrison’s :D

• Members
4 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

He’s back safe and sound now P.....currently sat drinking mulled plonk with me....from Morrison’s on Bury Road where the mad African tried to attack folk earlier.

Keep checking your email pal, M is going to send a few snaps over.........from Naples not Morrison’s :D

What a disappointment. The missus loves to keep track of the price of Heinz Beans back home :roll:

Some will think I am joking.

Good to hear he's back safe and sound.

• Members

They have a can collection down here for the homeless. Always put in the usual beans, soups etc. but it is an opportunity each year to ditch oddball shit we always seem to receive in Christmas Hampers (big thing down here) such as smoked oysters, smoked mussels, coconut and honey mackerel bites etc.

Often wondered what the expression on some hobo's face might be when he gets presented with some of them!