Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parky to Reading

Thorpey

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I reckon bookies have had their fingers burnt massively with the market in the past. 

Find it a bit bizarre you can bet on something that someone somewhere will know the outcome. 

Hence somoen lumping a gazillion quid at a south London betting shop when freedman was 33/1 for him to join us. 

yeah, but they also know there's plenty ITK folk out there doing a job for them by spreading false rumours about spotting folk, knowing someone at a club, etc etc

If Reading are talking to Parky, then it's reasonable to assume Ken has given the go-ahead and agreed a compensation figure.

No doubt Parky & his staff will also forfeit their outstanding bonuses to be released.

This then means the club can recruit a new manager on similar or worse terms than PP without having to resort to an untried U-23's coach as manager

27 minutes ago, Traf said:

If Reading are talking to Parky, then it's reasonable to assume Ken has given the go-ahead and agreed a compensation figure.

No doubt Parky & his staff will also forfeit their outstanding bonuses to be released.

This then means the club can recruit a new manager on similar or worse terms than PP without having to resort to an untried U-23's coach as manager

Does it? Or does it mean Ken can pay the players and PFA?

I remember the betting market when Sammy Lee left, we had an ‘inside’ tip that Peter Reid was in contention for it. I was putting money on left right and centre telling anyone who would listen. I think the most any bookie would take from me was about £30. Anyway, his odds came down from about 50/1 to 5/1 in a day but he never got a mention 

I’m sure Scott Green came right in a couple of years ago after a few whispers that he fancied a tilt at the big chair