Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Iles reporting PFA pulled out of funding wages

Mounts Kipper

13 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Honestly, it really doesn't. Twitter represents a really bizarre microcosm of the world, it's almost an alternative reality.

It's really clear that so many people don't get this. Put in simple terms, it's as fucking crazy as the Bolton News comments section.

Yes I do get that (and I fully understood Boby Brno sentiments about it when I posted that in reply to him) but that's the way a large part of society has gone, particularly the next generation to us - social media is vastly important and influential these days, no matter what the more rational amongst us may think.

The manipulation of Facebook personal information is frightening -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46456695

and the 'yellow vest' social unrest and the last month of rioting in France was organised without a leader or political party but by people coming together on social media -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/yellow_vests

People rightly or wrongly believe social media as given them a voice that will be listened to (read the yellow vest link above it is quite an eye opener in this respect).

If one of the voices they listen to are people like Iles and his misinformation on the accounts and his personal views about Anderson, then they simple believe it to be gospel and pass on the message themselves, and so on and on.

The world is changing and not necessarily for the best.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Yeah, you don't really need to patronise me quite that much but to point out the obvious thing, I'm specifically talking about Twitter and you aren't.

I've heard of companies having non email days (presumably internal). Sometimes wonder if closing Twitter for a day would be useful. 

8 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Yeah, you don't really need to patronise me quite that much but to point out the obvious thing, I'm specifically talking about Twitter and you aren't.

Not my intention to patronise you or anyone else and I had thought I'd related what I said directly to Twitter by giving the example of how fake/misleading news and views by perceived reliable sources of information such as Iles the papers Chief Football Writer, directly influenced others behaviour. 

I apologise if my original post was written in such a poor way as to make you think otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Clearly Iles doesn't understand Twitter either, but who exactly is he influencing on Twitter specifically? A load of mad cunts hiding behind internet aliases? Brilliant.

Indeed.

But these are the ones that's create the majority perception of what is going on and why it leads to the toxic atmosphere against the clubs owner.

These days unfounded opinions seem to count more than facts.

It's quicker and easier for people to accept what Iles infers about the accounts than try to understand quite complicated factual explanations by people like Chris Custodiet/Ten Bob - even when it conflicts directly with the message Iles has been giving out.

People just follow the crowd.

I've even had to tell my own university educated offspring not to believe everything they read on social media without checking for themselves the accuracy of it first!

It's just the way it is these days unfortunately and probably why I'm more on my high horse about Iles keeping his personal opinions and misleading inferences of the clubs accounts off Twitter, so as not to prejudice the 'crowd's' behaviour, whilst most people think he's doing nothing wrong or simply just talking to the crazies.

8 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I have no idea who Ten Bob is but I refer you to my previous reference to anonymous accounts. Factual they may be, but they are equally pointless.

Before anyone points it out, I am aware of the irony of posting from an 'anonymous' account criticising Iles who was tweeting his personal opinions/ inferences on the accounts, under his real name.

I guess that's why what he says on Twitter seems believable to others without their need to check its accuracy?

Even more reason for it then to be impartial and unbiased I would say in regards to the position he holds on the paper.

But like Ten Bob I'm not prepared to post that under my real name because I want to stay well clear of the nutjobs out there who think differently.

Anyway I've made my point (too many times now probably) so there's now no point for me to labour it further.

I apologise if I got up anyone's nose whilst I've been doing it as that was never my intention.

2 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Before anyone points it out, I am aware of the irony of posting from an 'anonymous' account criticising Iles who was tweeting his personal opinions/ inferences on the accounts, under his real name.

I guess that's why what he says on Twitter seems believable to others without their need to check its accuracy?

Even more reason for it then to be impartial and unbiased I would say in regards to the position he holds on the paper.

But like Ten Bob I'm not prepared to post that under my real name because I want to stay well clear of the nutjobs out there who think differently.

Anyway I've made my point (too many times now probably) so there's now no point for me to labour it further.

I apologise if I got up anyone's nose whilst I've been doing it as that was never my intention.

Everyone knows everyone's real names anyway so I wouldn't worry about that.

11 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Everyone knows everyone's real names anyway so I wouldn't worry about that.

Aye

And we all support the same club

all this getting at each other’s throats is one of the worst parts of all of this

It’s not like there’s loads of us; we need as many together and united behind the club as possible. I know we all want best for BWFC but this division cannot help in any way

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Carlos said:

Clearly Iles doesn't understand Twitter either, but who exactly is he influencing on Twitter specifically? A load of mad cunts hiding behind internet aliases? Brilliant.

Don't the anonymous twitter users then go on to become "a man in the pub" that plenty folk on this, and other football forums love to quote in an in -the-know kind of way?

I tend to agree. Just another route to information dissemination these days and because of increased access, people think they become stakeholders in the process. I think that's why Iles is perceived to have his group of cronies who lap it all up. Previously they would have been restricted to writing into the BEN to opine their drivel.

Iles latest article is asking the real question that needs answering "are Wanderers shot shy?". I think that report can be summed up in one or two words.

Tomorrow he will wrestling with the selection hot potato facing Parky this weekend "can Ameobi force his way back into the team on Saturday?".

On 18/12/2018 at 15:21, Mr Grey said:

Will Ken be warm enough in a Tank Top, these are the big questions for Iles this coming weekend, ........and is Iles banned from Griffin Park?

He's not banned from the Reebok / Macron / Unibol - he'd just have to pay like the rest of us, and won't have access to the players like the rest of us

1 hour ago, Gonk said:

He's not banned from the Reebok / Macron / Unibol - he'd just have to pay like the rest of us, and won't have access to the players like the rest of us

Absolutely correct.

Let's not get drawn in to the Twitter/BN hysteria about Iles being banned from the club/ground.

He's had his media privileges withdrawn. So he can still pitch up, pay his money and sit, watch and make notes etc. He can't access the media suite or the press box and won't get a free lunch or coffee/cakes at HT/FT as before.