Jump to content
Donate to keep the site running Read more... ×
Subscribe - contribute monthly Read more... ×
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Mounts Kipper

Iles reporting PFA pulled out of funding wages

Recommended Posts

I have no idea who Ten Bob is but I refer you to my previous reference to anonymous accounts. Factual they may be, but they are equally pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I have no idea who Ten Bob is but I refer you to my previous reference to anonymous accounts. Factual they may be, but they are equally pointless.

Before anyone points it out, I am aware of the irony of posting from an 'anonymous' account criticising Iles who was tweeting his personal opinions/ inferences on the accounts, under his real name.

I guess that's why what he says on Twitter seems believable to others without their need to check its accuracy?

Even more reason for it then to be impartial and unbiased I would say in regards to the position he holds on the paper.

But like Ten Bob I'm not prepared to post that under my real name because I want to stay well clear of the nutjobs out there who think differently.

Anyway I've made my point (too many times now probably) so there's now no point for me to labour it further.

I apologise if I got up anyone's nose whilst I've been doing it as that was never my intention.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Before anyone points it out, I am aware of the irony of posting from an 'anonymous' account criticising Iles who was tweeting his personal opinions/ inferences on the accounts, under his real name.

I guess that's why what he says on Twitter seems believable to others without their need to check its accuracy?

Even more reason for it then to be impartial and unbiased I would say in regards to the position he holds on the paper.

But like Ten Bob I'm not prepared to post that under my real name because I want to stay well clear of the nutjobs out there who think differently.

Anyway I've made my point (too many times now probably) so there's now no point for me to labour it further.

I apologise if I got up anyone's nose whilst I've been doing it as that was never my intention.

 

Just giving your ten bobs worth then :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Just giving your ten bobs worth then :D

Very good!

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Trump is never off twitter tells you all you need to know about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Carlos said:

It's really clear that so many people don't get this

Aye. Lad I went to school with. Solicitor now. Mid-fifties. Decent sort and intelligent to boot

"Anderson out" was his riposte on social media to the news that Iles had been banned

Jesus Christ!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Before anyone points it out, I am aware of the irony of posting from an 'anonymous' account criticising Iles who was tweeting his personal opinions/ inferences on the accounts, under his real name.

I guess that's why what he says on Twitter seems believable to others without their need to check its accuracy?

Even more reason for it then to be impartial and unbiased I would say in regards to the position he holds on the paper.

But like Ten Bob I'm not prepared to post that under my real name because I want to stay well clear of the nutjobs out there who think differently.

Anyway I've made my point (too many times now probably) so there's now no point for me to labour it further.

I apologise if I got up anyone's nose whilst I've been doing it as that was never my intention.

 

Everyone knows everyone's real names anyway so I wouldn't worry about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Everyone knows everyone's real names anyway so I wouldn't worry about that.

Aye

And we all support the same club

all this getting at each other’s throats is one of the worst parts of all of this

It’s not like there’s loads of us; we need as many together and united behind the club as possible. I know we all want best for BWFC but this division cannot help in any way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our fans would prefer to be cunts than back the club tho. Triple FACT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Big E said:

Our fans would prefer to be cunts than back the club tho. Triple FACT

Have you just had a few minutes on twitter or BEN comments and decided to generalise us?

You're better than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Carlos said:

Clearly Iles doesn't understand Twitter either, but who exactly is he influencing on Twitter specifically? A load of mad cunts hiding behind internet aliases? Brilliant.

Don't the anonymous twitter users then go on to become "a man in the pub" that plenty folk on this, and other football forums love to quote in an in -the-know kind of way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to agree. Just another route to information dissemination these days and because of increased access, people think they become stakeholders in the process. I think that's why Iles is perceived to have his group of cronies who lap it all up. Previously they would have been restricted to writing into the BEN to opine their drivel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iles latest article is asking the real question that needs answering "are Wanderers shot shy?". I think that report can be summed up in one or two words.

Tomorrow he will wrestling with the selection hot potato facing Parky this weekend "can Ameobi force his way back into the team on Saturday?".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Iles latest article is asking the real question that needs answering "are Wanderers shot shy?". I think that report can be summed up in one or two words.

Tomorrow he will wrestling with the selection hot potato facing Parky this weekend "can Ameobi force his way back into the team on Saturday?".

Will Ken be warm enough in a Tank Top, these are the big questions for Iles this coming weekend, ........and is Iles banned from Griffin Park?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/12/2018 at 15:21, Mr Grey said:

Will Ken be warm enough in a Tank Top, these are the big questions for Iles this coming weekend, ........and is Iles banned from Griffin Park?

He's not banned from the Reebok / Macron / Unibol - he'd just have to pay like the rest of us, and won't have access to the players like the rest of us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gonk said:

He's not banned from the Reebok / Macron / Unibol - he'd just have to pay like the rest of us, and won't have access to the players like the rest of us

Absolutely correct.

Let's not get drawn in to the Twitter/BN hysteria about Iles being banned from the club/ground.

He's had his media privileges withdrawn. So he can still pitch up, pay his money and sit, watch and make notes etc. He can't access the media suite or the press box and won't get a free lunch or coffee/cakes at HT/FT as before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he can actually come to the match does it not make all of this even more pointless?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still an inconvenience

He won't be doing live or post match reports on 3g anywhere near the ground

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I think it’s more about making his job more difficult but not impossible . It’s a bit pathetic IMO, but Iles could have prevented it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Traf said:

Yeah, I think it’s more about making his job more difficult but not impossible . It’s a bit pathetic IMO, but Iles could have prevented it.

Yep no winners here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He co-commentated today on BBC Radio Manchester with Jack Dearden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.