Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Iles reporting PFA pulled out of funding wages

Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Mate your only ever a port vale or forest away from getting your chi back. 

Home matches aren’t tosh because of Ken Anderson or winding up orders. Folk aren’t staying because we owe front row sports management a few quid.

Folk have had enough because the football is shit and the macron is the shittest place on planet earth when the football is shit. 

All this stuff just emphasises it. We all know or pretend to know too much. It’s compete overkill. That’s why every fucker is bored to tears with it all. It’s spoke and debated about every single day. 

Chairmans notes, Marc iles and the twitters m*ngs clamour to get every single piece of info they can to beat the Andersons with saturates everyone. We are all as guilty as charged here.

It whips up a frenzy and every cunts in a bad mood going to the match, folk threatening to boycott and spray painting bed sheets. These fuckers have no idea what it actually is they are protesting about. 

The only thing that can change the mood imo is Parky going to reading and is getting a manager with a positive style of play. If that’s sees us relegated then fair do’s because as it stands we are fucked anyway and everyone’s just pissed off. 

Only on the pitch stuff can save this from us seeing the season out with no fucker in the ground. 

This.

52 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Home matches aren’t tosh because of Ken Anderson or winding up orders. Folk aren’t staying because we owe front row sports management a few quid.

Folk have had enough because the football is shit and the macron is the shittest place on planet earth when the football is shit. 

All this stuff just emphasises it. We all know or pretend to know too much. It’s compete overkill. That’s why every fucker is bored to tears with it all. It’s spoke and debated about every single day. 

Chairmans notes, Marc iles and the twitters m*ngs clamour to get every single piece of info they can to beat the Andersons with saturates everyone. We are all as guilty as charged here.

It whips up a frenzy and every cunts in a bad mood going to the match, folk threatening to boycott and spray painting bed sheets. These fuckers have no idea what it actually is they are protesting about. 

The only thing that can change the mood imo is Parky going to reading and is getting a manager with a positive style of play. If that’s sees us relegated then fair do’s because as it stands we are fucked anyway and everyone’s just pissed off. 

Only on the pitch stuff can save this from us seeing the season out with no fucker in the ground. 

I’ll go with that. I’m not dropping off yet!

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

I'm with gonzo on this 

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

The stuff you are referring to hasn't been said by myself, but he is a fucking chance imo. 

Not a clue what championship manager is and just because some people have a difference in opinion it doesnt make them uneducated, they maybe frustrated and pissed off like the rest of us.

As for the football we play, linking it to how the club is run is absolute bollox. It may have an affect on actual results, but the the way we play is another matter altogether.

That last paragraph is one of the most nonsensical things I've read... for a day or two at least.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Absolutely spot on Gonzo.

If we were sat in the play off spots and playing some decent football then 99% of the shit that goes on off the pitch would be ignored. The fact we’ve won 1 in 17, play like we’ve never done a training session and most people turn up fully expecting to lose means that there is a bad atmosphere around the club and that means any bad news is added in to the gloom. 

6 hours ago, tomski said:

I couldn’t disagree more on savvy. IMO he’s a chancer! Why didn’t he pay this earlier if he could? What was savvy about that?

Again for me, depends how you look at it but we are in the same place as when he took us on hurtling towards league 1. 

Agree on his questionable partner. But how did they find each other? You do have to wonder.

He has dealt with the above agreements other than the first row one, we can agree on that. But he seems to have one way of doing this and that’s offer less than his/clubs obligations. 

For a very clever man he hasn’t engaged with the Bolton public well, he is losing fans arse over fist according to himself. I think it’s less but the amount of people who I know are losing patience is really gutting.

i can’t see how he saves this. I hope he does obviously. In response to taking over a basket case we still are. I fail to see how this changes.

we will never agree on this but happy to discuss 

It's called cash flow and it is a central tenet of business administration. You don't need to be savvy to know if you have no cash in the business you need to start letting people down. The alternative is winding up the business. I've heard a lot of people say anyone can do what Ken has done. Get a grip. 

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Bang on

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I've already stated it affects results but not how we actually play. And I mean our style of play, how the team play, that's obviously down to the coaching and manager

Team will be wearing tank top kits next.

How about not being able to sack a manager that plays a certain way because you can’t afford to?

Or the only players the boardroom can/want to bring in dont fit the managers style of play? 

Then there’s the general doom around the place that obviously affects the players. 

7 minutes ago, Boothy said:

It's called cash flow and it is a central tenet of business administration. You don't need to be savvy to know if you have no cash in the business you need to start letting people down. The alternative is winding up the business. I've heard a lot of people say anyone can do what Ken has done. Get a grip. 

Haha. I didn’t know you needed cash flow for a business. This has come as a massive surprise. I’m glad I’m not employed by you or ken. If you are happy and think it’s fine crack on.

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Excellent post totally agree.

53 minutes ago, tomski said:

Haha. I didn’t know you needed cash flow for a business. This has come as a massive surprise. I’m glad I’m not employed by you or ken. If you are happy and think it’s fine crack on.

I'm responding to your first paragraph. If you understand it why don't you stop acting like such a gobshite? You pay at the last opportunity if that's what it takes to remain solvent. 

Edited by Boothy

• Moderators

I’m with Boothy, apart from the moronic choice of words. If you have to put cash into a business you own to pay wages then something is seriously wrong. Sure if it’s s seasonal business but we are chasing our tail, a basket case.

2 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I’m with Boothy, apart from the moronic choice of words. If you have to put cash into a business you own to pay wages then something is seriously wrong. Sure if it’s s seasonal business but we are chasing our tail, a basket case.

Fair enough. We can agree to disagree. I think it would of been obvious that we needed an injection in. Why are the other people putting dough in then like your James fella if going off what you are saying? (Not a loaded question)

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Can we afford NOT to sack him, either way he plays crap negative shit football.

Kens bought players who the manager doesnt want?... who? Has parkinson actually come out and said that or is it hear say

Defo a general doom and gloom about the place and not helped by Tank top fucking Ken, the ST and Iles all arguing like 3 bitches on a hen party of who is holding the blow up dildo!

That "crap negative shit football"  has lifted the club up a division against all the odds, kept us up against all the odds, given us a chance of survival this season against all the odds & has had the fans celebrating on the pitch on the last days of the last two seasons.

I'm guessing that you preferred the pretty attacking football under Coyle & Lennon that twice relegated us & nearly destroyed Bolton Wanderers.

30 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Can we afford NOT to sack him, either way he plays crap negative shit football.

Kens bought players who the manager doesnt want?... who? Has parkinson actually come out and said that or is it hear say

Defo a general doom and gloom about the place and not helped by Tank top fucking Ken, the ST and Iles all arguing like 3 bitches on a hen party of who is holding the blow up dildo!

Seeing as we can’t afford to pay our players I’d gather we can’t afford to pay up the managers contract plus all of his coaching staff, bonuses from last season and outstanding wages from this. Just a thought like. 

I personally don’t think it’s difficult to look back at recent signings and pick out the signing which Parkinson wanted and the signings he had no say in. Hence the collection of frozen out individuals we see every season. 

I’m not even sure what it is your trying to debate here. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Debate, yeah your probably right, unfortunately on here if your opinion differs you are either uneducated or a spastic.

I will leave it there, not sure if Tank top Ken, the ST or Iles will though, I'm pretty sure this soap opera is far from finished.

I said uneducated because there’s an abundance of comments daily across social media that are clearly uneducated. 

Step aside, lower the asking price, sell up and fuck off, just pay the bills, finally puts his hands in his pockets, stop standing in the way of investment, etc etc etc are all completely uneducated comments and said without any form of knowledge of the actual situation. 

As for being called a spastic, probably harsh but there’s a lot worse gets said on here. Stop being a bender :D

33 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Guess all you like.

I have enjoyed watching my team over the years through ups and downs via different managers in all 4 divisions and I enjoy them particular isolated moments you stated like all of us do, I'm as fickle as the rest, even though we have been bobbins. But have I enjoyed watching the football played by us in league 1 and the championship under Parkinson home and away?  have I fuck, it's been shit! And if any fans say they have enjoyed that, they are fucking sadistic.

I certainly enjoyed the promotion season......the first season on the up after years of decline, the most away wins i've seen in a season & all after we'd looked more likely to be going down than up pre-season.

I certainly enjoyed last season, to battle & stay up with the weakest squad in the league & against a mass of off field problems was a great achievement.

Any fan who couldn't enjoy the last two seasons is likely to be one who had refused to support the manager & was hoping for failure so that they could say " I told you so".

31 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Guess all you like.

I have enjoyed watching my team over the years through ups and downs via different managers in all 4 divisions and I enjoy them particular isolated moments you stated like all of us do, I'm as fickle as the rest, even though we have been bobbins. But have I enjoyed watching the football played by us in league 1 and the championship under Parkinson home and away?  have I fuck, it's been shit! And if any fans say they have enjoyed that, they are fucking sadistic.

Got to agree with that. For arguments sake I would swap Peterborough's fortunes for ours in the last 3 seasons. Yes they are still stuck in Div 1 but they have had quality players like Madison and Marriot (who would get rotated if they played for us) providing great entertainment week in week out. I would be surprised if Posh fans have turned up to any game in the last few years thinking they have no chance, simply because if you have creative players you always have hope.  And they had that cup win at villa that we could only dream about under Parky. I just want to be enthused, and to feel like the manager wants to watch a good match.