Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hair today - gone tomorrow...

Youri McAnespie

Just asking for a mate, like.

I've a full head of hair.

But, how long can the process take? From noticing one is a bit thinner up top to having to take the clippers in (or don a hat/syrup)?

My mate has noticed a worrying pace of late.

There's drugs about to counter the hormone, but apparently can cause permanent droopiness (non-moustache) that even handfuls of blueys and onscreen blueys can't solve.

Personal experiences, anyone (for me to pass on)..?

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I've, I mean he's had a number one on several occasions - it's quite liberating, but it's always been by choice.

I've a scar just above the forehead which is providing an annoying benchmark to irrefutably track the progress, or rather, egress. :(

I meant he has.

• Site Supporter

If you had lustrous Anglo Saxon flaxen locks like mine, you wouldn't be worrying.

I bet you've got them horrid, pube-like black hairs that clog everything up haven't you? Especially now you're shedding like a flock of pigeons fighting over a chip.

9 minutes ago, Spider said:

If you had lustrous Anglo Saxon flaxen locks like mine, you wouldn't be worrying.

I bet you've got them horrid, pube-like black hairs that clog everything up haven't you? Especially now you're shedding like a flock of pigeons fighting over a chip.

You've a very low opinion of me :angry:

I've Germanic light brown and (until recently) thick and bountiful locks - barbers and 'birds' would coo over it.

My current situation isn't helped by the fact my current (new-ish) squeeze would coo over it, she'd often make comments like "you've still a lovely head of hair" in early courtship.

To which I'd make non-commital grunts and hmm's in reply.

I reckon', unmolested, I'll probably have a full-on 'early Frasier Crane' within five years based on the current pattern.

36 minutes ago, Spider said:

The Great Lever lothario.

Sauntering along Green Lane, leather jacket held casually over the shoulder,can of Breaker in the other hand. Winking at the ladies in their tight, marl grey leggings.

Again, not far from the truth - Kingstone Press Cider (£1 @ One Stop Shop) instead of Breaker though - and I wouldn't woo anyone from G/L 

:-k

I'm from the posh part see, although if I wooed any of my neighbours we'd probably end up buried in a pair of suitcases on the moors somewhere between here and Blackburn.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't do a Charlton or have "treatment", just for the vain

My dad sported a "Charlton" for many years. Fantastic when it was windy outside. Hours of grooming gone to waste!!

Be great to see them make a comeback.

3 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

It's not that bad yet! Not at all, but it's going for sure.

My old man had a full head of hair until he pegged it at 76, his brothers still have all their hair. Unfortunately my mam's side is awash with slapheads - probably karma for ancestral dalliance with the NSDAP/SS.

Many factors at play here (on hair loss) but I understood a very important one is your Mum's genes. So a good indicator is your Mum's male relatives. 

I'm bollocksed then.

Mam's side; granddad I never met - baldy. Uncles - baldies, male cousins (blood aunties' kids) - slapheads.

I'm doomed. :(

Me in five years (computer generated aged picture, below).

MV5BMjIzMzY0MzU4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzI3

Still, if life gives lemons, make lemonade.

Every cloud an' all that...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1517756/That-rent-boy-affair-It-was-because-I-was-going-bald.html

5 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Just asking for a mate, like.

I've a full head of hair.

But, how long can the process take? From noticing one is a bit thinner up top to having to take the clippers in (or don a hat/syrup)?

My mate has noticed a worrying pace of late.

There's drugs about to counter the hormone, but apparently can cause permanent droopiness (non-moustache) that even handfuls of blueys and onscreen blueys can't solve.

Personal experiences, anyone (for me to pass on)..?

It just disappears mate. It's a downward journey from the first day you notice. No pills, life style changes or German super shampoo can change it. You just look a spaz if you try to fight it. I had a lovely David Coverdale type mop once. When it started to go it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I'm now a happy slappy fanny magnet.

17 minutes ago, Underpants said:

It just disappears mate. It's a downward journey from the first day you notice. No pills, life style changes or German super shampoo can change it. You just look a spaz if you try to fight it. I had a lovely David Coverdale type mop once. When it started to go it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I'm now a happy slappy fanny magnet.

I dunno, I made some D.I.Y. caffeine oil t'other day...

I could be sat on a Dragon's Den fortune here.

I'll report back here if I get a new spurt of Joey Tempest style bushhead :)

• Site Supporter

Mine started to clog the plug hole at bastard 14!!!  It did help getting shit cider though.

Nobody bats an eyelid at a baldy, every fucker in the world points and laughs at a baldy doing his upmost to cling on to whatever is left though.

Embrace it and start putting your shampoo money to one side.