Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Massive Families.

leigh white

My maternal grandmother was the youngest of 23, her father had 15 children with his first wife who died in childbirth. He married again and went on to have 8 more children most of which emigrated to the US in the late20s/30s. I shudder to think how many cousins i have across the globe

Edited by Salford Trotter

4 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

My maternal grandmother was the youngest of 23, her father had 15 children with his first wife who died in childbirth. He married again and went on to have 8 more children most of which emigrated to the US in the late20s/30s. I shudder to think how many cousins i have across the globe

Ha ha, Christmas Card overseas nightmare stamps.

12 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

23?!! That was one fertile bloke!!

I have a relative with 6 kids which is quite large these days. I think they'd have stopped at 2 if they'd had one of each but the first 5 were all boys. She finally popped a lass out at the 6th attempt

17 hours ago, leigh white said:

Looking back on my ancestry, my Grandma was one of 9, every one a wench. No idea why anybody would want to bring a up big family in such grim times. Must have been following Queen Victoria's example spitting sprogs out left right and centre at the time.

Mortality rates back in the day were high. A combination of a few things, but mainly no health service, poverty and a poor law & order system meant the more kids you had the more chance a couple would survive long enough to look after their elderly family. Same principle applies today for the less developed parts of the world, like Leigh.

Edited by Underpants

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

23?!! That was one fertile bloke!!

I have a relative with 6 kids which is quite large these days. I think they'd have stopped at 2 if they'd had one of each but the first 5 were all boys. She finally popped a lass out at the 6th attempt

Not to mention my aunt who married into another family of irish decent and between her husband and his two brothers they had 30 kids. We had a family wedding recently and we had 150 guests and apart from the brides family's table of 10 and 30 friends the other 110 were the groom's family members

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Not to mention my aunt who married into another family of irish decent and between her husband and his two brothers they had 30 kids. We had a family wedding recently and we had 150 guests and apart from the brides family's table of 10 and 30 friends the other 110 were the groom's family members

It's still over 17 years pregnant, which is stunning, irrespective of what era it was. Some lady.

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

It's not a fact when you've made it up.

The only FACT is you've managed to crowbar Muslims into yet another topic within about 2 minutes of it starting.

Did I even mention the M word ?

You mentioned it you silly boy...

Mohammed is the most popular English name isn’t it ?

My mate M is whiter than Frank Spencer.

Hope that helps.

8 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Did I even mention the M word ?

You mentioned it you silly boy...

Mohammed is the most popular English name isn’t it ?

My mate M is whiter than Frank Spencer.

Hope that helps.

Kent White has lost his superpower of speech when I hit him so damn hard with yet another FACT

Kent aka racist instigator :D

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Kent White has lost his superpower of speech when I hit him so damn hard with yet another FACT

Kent aka racist instigator :D

Not really - I just can't be arsed. To be honest - I'm disappointed with myself for biting at this one.

I'll leave to everybody else to decide what you were alluding to.

Off on a long drive down south now - so don't start creaming your knickers when you don't get a response in 5 minutes.