Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Everton 1977 Footage.

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Christmas present for you all.

http://efcheritagesociety.com/?p=3245

Was at both those games. Whatmore's late equalizer at Goodison & we thought that we'd done the hard work. Latchford broke my heart when he scored right in front of me in the Lever End - never thought for a minute that we would lose...

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Man Utd v Leeds FA Cup semi final replay, 1970.....

look on the pics how packed Burnden was http://www.ozwhitelufc.net.au/26-03-1970 LUFC v Manchester United.htm

Went to that game too & was surprised at how many Leeds were there. I'd never seen us play them & they brought thousands - I think they had the Lever End with Manure on t'embankment as it had a bigger capacity. Fucking hell, I'm owd...

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

Went to that game too & was surprised at how many Leeds were there. I'd never seen us play them & they brought thousands - I think they had the Lever End with Manure on t'embankment as it had a bigger capacity. Fucking hell, I'm owd...

The Stretford End were in the Lever End that night. I know because I was in the middle of them in my usual place. (With my United mates)

Told this story before but they tried to invade the pitch near the end to get the game abandoned. I got swept down to the front and ended up over the fence before the referee blew his whistle.

I was on the Embankment as a 9 year old kid that night and it was packed with Man U. When Billy Bremner scored for Leeds loads of Leeds fans on the Embankment pulled out their previously hidden scarves and were swirling them above their heads in celebration. Plenty of Man U's boys left the game early to get in place for ambushing Leeds fans on Manny Rd - It was the first time i had ever witnessed football violence............it certainly wasn't to be the last..

Anyone know what the attendance was that night?

2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I was on the Embankment as a 9 year old kid that night and it was packed with Man U. When Billy Bremner scored for Leeds loads of Leeds fans on the Embankment pulled out their previously hidden scarves and were swirling them above their heads in celebration. Plenty of Man U's boys left the game early to get in place for ambushing Leeds fans on Manny Rd - It was the first time i had ever witnessed football violence............it certainly wasn't to be the last..

Anyone know what the attendance was that night?

Attendance: 56,000 (Receipts £42,000

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Steejay said:

56 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

The Stretford End were in the Lever End that night. I know because I was in the middle of them in my usual place. (With my United mates)

Told this story before but they tried to invade the pitch near the end to get the game abandoned. I got swept down to the front and ended up over the fence before the referee blew his whistle.

Owd and now suffering from dementia apparently!!!:crazy:

18 hours ago, Boby Brno said:

I was on the embankment that night in the middle and there were both fans around; didnt kick off in the ground

Funniest thing for me is showing my youngest (23 year old) the Bob Latchford photo

Completely bemused by the idea of the "invalid carriages" at the side of the pitch. Firstly, the concept of the them, secondly the fact that they were down in the ditch at the side of the of the pitch, and thirdly the fact that they were called "invalid carriages". 

Back row of the Manny Road stand that night. Fucking gutted

5 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Funniest thing for me is showing my youngest (23 year old) the Bob Latchford photo

Completely bemused by the idea of the "invalid carriages" at the side of the pitch. Firstly, the concept of the them, secondly the fact that they were down in the ditch at the side of the of the pitch, and thirdly the fact that they were called "invalid carriages". 

Back row of the Manny Road stand that night. Fucking gutted

Spaz Chariots......

I've just sickened myself

• Site Supporter
17 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Aye I told her that one

She looks after people with severe autism and learning difficulties

I felt bad. Fair play she wanted to know what life was like in the 70's in those terms

Well spac, spaz, flid and idiot, etc., were all general terms, amongst many others for severely disabled folk and Downs kids and were shortened terms for Spastic, (x2) Thalidomide and Mongoloid.

Idiot was auto changed from m0ng

Edited by MickyD
WW autocorrect doesn't like that word. (Not that it should)