Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Footy programmes.

waffer cup 07

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, SalfordOriginal said:

Anyone got...  Bolton Wanderers v Crewe Alexandra, 28 January 1986 in the Freight Rover Trophy?

Ignore that, just found one on eBay

Have you bought it?

I've got shit loads of them from the eighties and don't mind having a look. If I've got it you can have it.

• Site Supporter

Most valuable one I ever had was Bolton v Liverpool in either 79-80 or 80-81. The game was postponed but a mate's sister worked for Blackburns Printers, the company on River Street which produced them. She'd come home with half a dozen on the Friday before home games. No idea where it ended up, I've looked all over my mum's house and know it didn't come with me when I moved out. 
I believe they binned the rest and printed a new programme for the game when it was eventually played.

I've still got a pile of the Last Game at Burnden programmes having found a box full in a storage area underneath Normid during a Breathing Apparatus Search and Rescue Exercise. Wonder when they'll make me thousands.:D

Most old progammes are worth nothing, but talking to a chap who seemed to know what he was on about, & he said that there can be some surprising exceptions.

In Bolton's case for example, apparently at one time, programmes for BWFC v Spurs 60-61 were worth a bit because collectors were trying to complete the set for Spurs double winning season.

I’ve told the story on here a few times but a mate of my dads collected programmes and had the rapid Vienna v United one from 1958, the game before they all pegged it. It’s signed by all players and officials bar Harry gregg.

united offered him £20,000 in 2001 and he turned it down 

On 29/12/2018 at 09:07, bolton va va said:

Most old progammes are worth nothing, but talking to a chap who seemed to know what he was on about, & he said that there can be some surprising exceptions.

In Bolton's case for example, apparently at one time, programmes for BWFC v Spurs 60-61 were worth a bit because collectors were trying to complete the set for Spurs double winning season.

Bolton under printed, they are still worth £200.

big club, Spurs