Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Deadpool 2019

ZiggyStardust

2 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

I still fume that when I watched them in 97 at GMex they were supported by Red Snapper...

The following (additional) night, they were supported by Foo Fighters!!

Probably should have posted this on the unpopular opinions post - but I think The Foo Fighters are shit. I also can't stand Dave Grohl and his 'good guy of Rock and Roll' persona. 

23 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

This was 20 years ago, before all the bullshit

I saw their first ever UK gig at Reading. Dave Grohl stopped the gig because someone had climbed up one of the lighting rigs. Remember thinking he was a massive fanny. 

24 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I saw their first ever UK gig at Reading. Dave Grohl stopped the gig because someone had climbed up one of the lighting rigs. Remember thinking he was a massive fanny. 

Would've loved to have seen that, moreso Nirvana the year or two before

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Luke Perry gone.

The Foo Fighters have a few good songs, but it’s odd that for a massive band I don’t thibknthey’ve ever released a classic.

There's a few rock bands like that out there like Metallica and Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Used to really like them but not really listened to their last couple of albums though their first two were v good

One of them bands where they can knock out a great set of greatest hits live but their more recent album's are mostly filler 

22 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Used to really like them but not really listened to their last couple of albums though their first two were v good

Kings of Leon. Went shit when they stopped drugs and you could actually understand what they were saying. 

3 hours ago, kent_white said:

Probably should have posted this on the unpopular opinions post - but I think The Foo Fighters are shit. I also can't stand Dave Grohl and his 'good guy of Rock and Roll' persona. 

At one of the V Festivals he stepped in to do an unplugged set as Amy Winehouse, surprise surprise, was unable to perform. Top bloke.

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

There's a few rock bands like that out there like Metallica and Red Hot Chilli Peppers

One of them bands where they can knock out a great set of greatest hits live but their more recent album's are mostly filler 

Even if you don’t like them, Metallica released Master of Puppets which changed Thrash and moved heavier music more into the mainstream - and the black album was a massive crossover hit for such a heavy band - and whilst I can’t stand RHCP, Blood, Sugar Sex Magic was groundbreaking at its time. Even if it spawned other shite like Extreme.

I just think the FF sort of do decentish hard rock, have 4/5 ok songs but have never done anything that moved things on for such a huge band.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Even if you don’t like them, Metallica released Master of Puppets which changed Thrash and moved heavier music more into the mainstream - and the black album was a massive crossover hit for such a heavy band - and whilst I can’t stand RHCP, Blood, Sugar Sex Magic was groundbreaking at its time. Even if it spawned other shite like Extreme.

I just think the FF sort of do decentish hard rock, have 4/5 ok songs but have never done anything that moved things on for such a huge band.

Fair enough, thought you were on about singles

Some bands are just dead popular with a wide appeal

You could probably say the same about Coldplay 

15 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Luke Perry gone.

The Foo Fighters have a few good songs, but it’s odd that for a massive band I don’t thibknthey’ve ever released a classic.

14 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Not really my thing, but isn't "Under The Bridge" deemed as a classic these days?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Not really my thing, but isn't "Under The Bridge" deemed as a classic these days?

Would say over here it didn't get much attention till they really made it into the mainstream in the 00s

Xfm still play it, but they still play old foo fighters "classics" like everlong as well so depends what you regard as a classic maybe

Don't get me wrong, it's good like

On 04/03/2019 at 18:56, kent_white said:

didnt curtis mayfield get paralysed (sp?) from one falling on him ?

King Kong Bundy also died around the  time keith flint and luke perry did , i missed that.