Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annual weightloss/get fit thread

gonzo

9 hours ago, gonzo said:

Deffo carb reduction mate. Will take a couple of weeks for your body to start eating in to stored fat and taking energy from elsewhere. Your body will be shitting it’s pants now thinking your stuck down a well or summet :D

Get a few bananas shoved down your trumpet early doors. Quick fix and easily got rid of. 

Yeah. Back to the mountain bike diet of bananas and jelly babies for a quick carb fix. Not like I'm deliberately avoiding them or owt but had no bread, rice, pasta or potato in the last 3 days, apart from half a pitta with a salad. Don't know about my body shitting itself but it's expelling gas at a massive volume and rate. Guessing that's linked too

7 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I miss bread so much.

It has been 3 days.

Roughly worked out that I've done without about 12 slices of bread, 2 portions of potatoes and 2 portions of rice/pasta in the last 3 days. I really do miss them - but mainly the bread 

20 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Fuck me I’ve got a permanent bad headache

Breakfast now is either banana, honey and yoghurt or one slice of brown toast

Lunch is home-made soup and crackers if I’m at home or some low-calorie sandwich if I’m out and about

Tea is either salads or some sort of meat with a pile of veg

No booze at all Mon to Thurs

Only been going a week but Christ my head hurts - guessing it’s the carb reduction?? Not packed in the cigs yet but consumption has dropped dramatically with the alcohol reduction

No bread and plenty of top lining is the answer mate :D

My diet of zero bread, loads of vodka, KFC, no cigs and endless rampant sex is magic.

5 hours ago, Traf said:

Got a right slating in the news yesterday, causing people to be paranoid about food creating eating disorders

I ran 15 pints and an 8th of Ching through it the other night and the fucker deleted itself :D

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Traf said:

Got a right slating in the news yesterday, causing people to be paranoid about food creating eating disorders

If I become aneroxic and top myself let my family know it was Gonzo who kept pushing the app during the most sensitive dieting time of the year

Girl (bit on the large side) collapsed on bike at gym this morning. Proper shit scary. Cracked her head on the bike next to her as well. Spoke to her later in reception - said she'd not been eating. Oh dear! Let's not eat and then hammer the gym = disaster.

#fuckingcyclists!!

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

3 young girls in my gym last night

all they did was take pictures of what they was doing

they went through every machine in about 12 minutes

it's annoying as fuck

Aye I was in the abs room for 20 mins watching some young lass do that dog pissing leg raise thing in tight pink velvety leggings the other night.

Put me right off my plank. 

9 consecutive days of staying under 50g of carbs a day. Ending up averaging 58g a day, entirely due to falling off the wagon yesterday afternoon and having a couple of raspberry donuts. Fully aware that I’ll put a few pounds back on after a weekend in Bristol and reintroducing carbs next week, but I’ll be sticking under a 1,500 calorie limit and starting exercising again to hopefully limit the gain. 

• Moderators
On 09/01/2019 at 11:40, gonzo said:

That’s the one. You can scan barcodes of any stuff in packs and it’s has a massive product libary to save you arsing about reading stuff.

plus it saves all your meals so you don’t have to re-enter stuff. 

quite interesting so far

some of it;s a pain in the arse - like I had some chicken for tea with a salad contain avacado, spinach and other stuff - scaneed in the chicken no probs, but had to put "avacado 100g" and "spinach 3 cups" as individual items - and assume the amounts were right, fuck it, only a guide anyway

came under my calorie target on Weds

over yesterday but that was the loaded fries i had at lunch

whether I'm under today depends on if I go for a run and how many beers I have later

but now I can measure it, I reckon I will manage my intake far more

You can get apps that track your run mate and work out the calories burnt. 

I normally do in 500 Cals on a half hour run/ jog according to the thingy on the running machine in gym.

like I said earlier mate, keep under that calorie deficit on diet only and the exercise you do is just bonus. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

You can get apps that track your run mate and work out the calories burnt. 

I normally do in 500 Cals on a half hour run/ jog according to the thingy on the running machine in gym.

like I said earlier mate, keep under that calorie deficit on diet only and the exercise you do is just bonus. 

so for my tea I'm making a chili from scratch

what do you do to measure it - create a recepie and scan the ingredients in, or, search for one like "chilli - generic 10oz" which is 300 cals, and just select that? even though I've no idea if min is above/below 300

51 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

so for my tea I'm making a chili from scratch

what do you do to measure it - create a recepie and scan the ingredients in, or, search for one like "chilli - generic 10oz" which is 300 cals, and just select that? even though I've no idea if min is above/below 300

Yeah the beef you are using will contains the most cals. I’d create your own dish and  search for the weight of mince you’re using. Then add whatever your having with it. You can save that meal as a your own dish 

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Yeah the beef you are using will contains the most cals. I’d create your own dish and  search for the weight of mince you’re using. Then add whatever your having with it. You can save that meal as a your own dish 

If you’re making more than one portion then press More on the app and you can create it as a recipe