Today I'm 13-3

Thought it would be a good few pounds more than that

Aims for 2020:

Do a park run

Maybe do a half marathon

Do less running and start some sort of weights type regime

Are these things any good

https://baitilo.com/products/resistance-band-set-11-piece-set-1

I’d get a set of kettle bells if were you plus a mat. 

• Members
16 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Was 14-4 last NYD

Today I'm 13-3

Aims for 2020:

Do a park run

Maybe do a half marathon

In my professional opinion, I’d avoid them. Very easy to cause small tears and strains quite easily. 

Edited by Rudy’s Message

• Members

Before anyone wants to go and splash cash at decathalon. There’s a load of fitness equipment in Aldi. The company that makes the equipment make the same equipment as under armour and reebok but for a third of the price 

20 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Was 14-4 last NYD

Today I'm 13-3

Aims for 2020:

Do a park run

Maybe do a half marathon

Benidorm half on 29th feb 😁

I completely ignore diets. No food group should be omitted and none should be over-consumed

You need protein, you need carbs and you need fruit and veg. Simple balance and moderation is the key 

My diet is unbalanced. I eat barely any fruit but consume a shit load of veg so I get most of the minerals that I need but maybe not all the vitamins. I eat a lot of fish and chicken but possibly too much red meat so my protein intake is OK but probably not as good as it could be

Carbs are my downfall. Wine, pasta, potatoes and bread. I do nowhere near enough exercise to burn them off. Pasta and bread I’ve reduced a lot but it’s wine and potatoes for me. Need to find that balance

I eat pretty well, I’m not one of those who counts every calorie or spends hours prepping my meals for the week however I do have one downfall and it’s fkin massive. Sweets/chocolate/cake etc. I have a pack of Jaffa cakes before bed, every time I put fuel in the car I buy at least 2 bars of chocolate and they’re gone before I’m off the forecourt. I’m shocking. My missus is generally concerned about me as she works as a health trainer for the NHS and one of her main jobs Is preventing diabetes. 

• Members
7 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I completely ignore diets. No food group should be omitted and none should be over-consumed

You need protein, you need carbs and you need fruit and veg. Simple balance and moderation is the key 

My diet is unbalanced. I eat barely any fruit but consume a shit load of veg so I get most of the minerals that I need but maybe not all the vitamins. I eat a lot of fish and chicken but possibly too much red meat so my protein intake is OK but probably not as good as it could be

Carbs are my downfall. Wine, pasta, potatoes and bread. I do nowhere near enough exercise to burn them off. Pasta and bread I’ve reduced a lot but it’s wine and potatoes for me. Need to find that balance

Veg over fruit every time. 
fruit is great for hydration, but it’s full of sugar. 

For anyone who struggles with their carb intake I say switch to brown, pasta, rice, bread. Breaks down easier, passes easier, reduces cholesterol.  

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

For anyone who struggles with their carb intake I say switch to brown, pasta, rice, bread. Breaks down easier, passes easier, reduces cholesterol.  

I think fruit gets a bad press re sugar.

Yes it contains some, but it also contains a lot of fibre etc and water.

Replacing a given weight in biscuits etc with fruit would make a huge difference.

Once heard a healthy eating woman vilifying fruit, saying it had fructose etc. If you look at nature, many fruits occur later in the summer and are eaten by creatures needing to feed up for winter.

Traditionally, folk were far more physical in their work and seasonal food would have been essential for survival. Root veg and fruits forming a big part of the diet over winter.

Problem now is the permanent, ready availability of a huge range of foods and insufficient activity.

One thing I've found as a side effects of my medication, is that I can be light headed and very uncomfortable in the morning until I've eaten.

Porridge makes an excellent breakfast, but I find that eating starchy potatoes and root veg in the evening helps minimise these side effects.

Rice, pasta has less of a beneficial effect, and that's even with the brown types.

• Members

You’re right about sugar getting a bad rep but it is the thing people jump straight into when dieting and it’s really not the best thing especially when trying to lose weight. As part of a balanced diet yeah but it’s not the immediate solution. 

22 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

In my professional opinion, I’d avoid them. Very easy to cause small tears and strains quite easily. 

Really? My PT is big on bands; to warm up with for example so it Surprises me that but you should know! :)

I’ve trained a lot in the gym the last year but I have an ongoing shoulder impingement issue that’s been holding me back. I’ve got fitter and stronger but not lean enough. Increased bicep and quad size and general muscle mass but not decreased belly and 6 chins which should be priority so I’m still approx 90kg. much to Danny G’s disbelief my jeans are still 33 inch waist (cos the belly hangs over the top of therm mainly) but I’d like to get suit pants back into 32-34 as they’re currently 34-36 inch.

so I’m now finally adding the diet side properly rather than half arsed; sober Jan, cutting right down on bread, potatoes and white rice/pasta; swapping lattes for black coffee and attention seeking by doing vegan twice a week (to start with). Only really snack on crisps (which I love) so they have to go too.

Let’s see how it goes and how long it lasts

Edited by jules_darby

• Members
1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

Really? My PT is big on bands; to warm up with for example so it Surprises me that but you should know! :)

I’ve trained a lot in the gym the last year but I have an ongoing shoulder impingement issue that’s been holding me back. I’ve got fitter and stronger but not lean enough. Increased bicep and quad size and general muscle mass but not decreased belly and 6 chins which should be priority so I’m still approx 90kg. much to Danny G’s disbelief my jeans are still 33 inch waist (cos the belly hangs over the top of therm mainly) but I’d like to get suit pants back into 32-34 as they’re currently 34-36 inch.

so I’m now finally adding the diet side properly rather than half arsed; sober Jan, cutting right down on bread, potatoes and white rice/pasta; swapping lattes for black coffee and attention seeking by doing vegan twice a week (to start with). Only really snack on crisps (which I love) so they have to go too.

Let’s see how it goes and how long it lasts

Sorry should’ve said using them at home on your own can, under the supervision of someone they are effective.

1 hour ago, royal white said:

I eat pretty well, I’m not one of those who counts every calorie or spends hours prepping my meals for the week however I do have one downfall and it’s fkin massive. Sweets/chocolate/cake etc. I have a pack of Jaffa cakes before bed, every time I put fuel in the car I buy at least 2 bars of chocolate and they’re gone before I’m off the forecourt. I’m shocking. My missus is generally concerned about me as she works as a health trainer for the NHS and one of her main jobs Is preventing diabetes. 

Im the same as this but only when I’m carb cutting.

maybe your not having enough sugar in your normal diet mate. That’s why your craving it So much?

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

As a bit of an aside, has anyone drunk beetroot juice?

Had it mixed with fruit juice (blackcurrant) to mask the taste, but it's still difficult to get down.

Good for you though.

Love beetroot. Roasted, pickled, boiled or whatever. And I love beetroot juice

As a kid growing up both parents and my grandmother were obsessive gardeners and had veg plots in the garden. Grew up with a massive taste for any veg with a strong flavour - beetroot, sprouts, broccoli, spinach, etc

19 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Im the same as this but only when I’m carb cutting.

maybe your not having enough sugar in your normal diet mate. That’s why your craving it So much?

I’ve put it down to me being a greedy fucker. Just had 2 Turkish delights whilst watching this diet programme 🤦‍♂️ Quality Save must take some blame. 3 for a £1, they're a pound each in some shops. And don’t get me started when when the co-op do 4 x ripples for a quid! 

1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Yeah. I don’t eat white bread at all really but have struggled with brown rice and pasta. I should make more of an effort I know

4 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ve put it down to me being a greedy fucker. Just had 2 Turkish delights whilst watching this diet programme 🤦‍♂️ Quality Save must take some blame. 3 for a £1, they're a pound each in some shops. And don’t get me started when when the co-op do 4 x ripples for a quid! 

I quite liked you until you said you eat Turkish fucking delights!! 😂😂

Can not describe just how bad those things taste

4 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Yeah. I don’t eat white bread at all really but have struggled with brown rice and pasta. I should make more of an effort I know

I found brown rice tough going when I first started having it. Certainly more palatable if you’re having a curry or chilli and can just mix it all in together. Brown pasta tastes identical to white pasta to me though. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I quite liked you until you said you eat Turkish fucking delights!! 😂😂

Can not describe just how bad those things taste

😂😂 how dare you! 

They are the marmite of sweets. I fkin love them, best thing is the kids hate them so I’ve no need to worry about them being nicked