Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annual weightloss/get fit thread

gonzo

Just now, royal white said:

😂😂 how dare you! 

They are the marmite of sweets. I fkin love them, best thing is the kids hate them so I’ve no need to worry about them being nicked 

My missus likes them. Honestly don’t know how anyone can eat them. Taste like soap. 
They should be banished to history along with parma violets. 

I would rather go on a  two week holiday with cheese than eat Turkish Delight 

but I love marmite and vegemite and missus thinks it’s something the devil has created  

each to their own eh 🤷🏼‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

My missus likes them. Honestly don’t know how anyone can eat them. Taste like soap. 
They should be banished to history along with parma violets. 

I would rather go on a  two week holiday with cheese than eat Turkish Delight 

but I love marmite and vegemite and missus thinks it’s something the devil has created  

each to their own eh 🤷🏼‍♂️

You must really hate them 😂

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

You must really hate them 😂

I thought it was a succinct way of expressing just how much I dislike them that would resonate on here. 
And it worked it appears 😂

Edited by Escobarp

8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I found brown rice tough going when I first started having it. Certainly more palatable if you’re having a curry or chilli and can just mix it all in together. Brown pasta tastes identical to white pasta to me though. 

Yep. Tbh I only have rice with curry and chilli so it’s me being lazy. Brown pasta? I’ve found it a bit like cardboard. Maybe I’m doing something wrong when cooking it or combining it with the wrong stuff. Dunno. I’ll make an effort 

Question

I make a lot of risottos. Fish, mushroom, chicken, chorizo or a combination of some or all of them them. Bacon and Butternut squash is a particular favourite. Risotto rice (Arboreto??) I’ve only ever seen as white rice. Available as brown?

But mustard or horseradish are a whole different  level of hatred. There is no explanation of just how bad. I got thrown out of a Michelin starred restaurant for kicking off as there was mustard in one of my dishes. I can taste even a microscopic amount and the reaction is extreme. 🤢

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

But mustard or horseradish are a whole different  level of hatred. There is no explanation of just how bad. I got thrown out of a Michelin starred restaurant for kicking off as there was mustard in one of my dishes. I can taste even a microscopic amount and the reaction is extreme. 🤢

Oh man alive. Freshly grated horseradish root that makes your eyes run whilst mixing it with cream is a sheer delight

As is proper Colman’s Mustard Powder mixed to your own strength ie fucking hot

Both do wonders for your blood circulation

4 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Oh man alive. Freshly grated horseradish root that makes your eyes run whilst mixing it with cream is a sheer delight

As is proper Colman’s Mustard Powder mixed to your own strength ie fucking hot

Both do wonders for your blood circulation

Rather cut my throat and let the blood drain out of me. Add wasabi to that list as well. 

• Moderators

I eat everything i see over christmas and ive put about 10 lbs on

Was over 16 last new year and only 15 10 this time, so i guess thats progress, however shit

Actually got to do local 5ks and weight down to nearly 14 in june, then went on holiday, works been mad with long days and i really cant face doing owt

Anyway, im having a month without 14 inch asda pizzas and bread

Lets see where that gets me, id guess under 15

Maybe then ill consider some exercise in ecxhange for the pizzas 

9 hours ago, Traf said:

If you expend more calories than you consume, you can ditch any faddy diet.

Yeah totally agree, but 2 things:

1) them diets are to essentially to aid / guide you in doing so. Just different methods. It’s about what works for you IMO.

2) according to what I read not every calorie is “the same”. And you can be thin and unhealthy.

10 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Back on topic. Anyone use protein drinks to replace meals and anyone had success losing weight using them as such?

The g/friend is trying to get me on them but so far have resisted

Don't mind dry January but that's enough for me. Get back into running and I reckon I'll be fine

• Moderators

Back on topic. Anyone use protein drinks to replace meals and anyone had success losing weight using them as such?

I tried that Huel once

Rank and depressing

The only things I'll consider these days to offset beer and junk is exercise and sensible eating, during the week

• Site Supporter

I quite liked you until you said you eat Turkish fucking delights!! 😂😂. 

Can not describe just how bad those things taste

Perfumed jelly wrapped in chocolate. What's not to like? 🤣🤣🤣

• Members

You can go down the route of diet substitute drinks, but I have never recommend one and never will. 
Full of synthetic ingredients and no fibre.

Two things help with weight loss and maintaining a healthy body

Balanced diet

Regular Exercise.

Thats it.

28 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

You can go down the route of diet substitute drinks, but I have never recommend one and never will. 
Full of synthetic ingredients and no fibre.

Two things help with weight loss and maintaining a healthy body

Balanced diet

Regular Exercise.

Thats it.

I was referring to simply swapping out say a lunch for a normal protein drink that was it mate. 

if I’m out and about seeing clients then it makes it sometimes a bit easier possibly for me that was all and plus it helps me increase protein intake 

• Members
32 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I was referring to simply swapping out say a lunch for a normal protein drink that was it mate. 

if I’m out and about seeing clients then it makes it sometimes a bit easier possibly for me that was all and plus it helps me increase protein intake 

Yeah I suppose it’s a bit tricky when you’re on the move a lot. I don’t suppose it’s gonna do much harm when you’re replacing the odd meal but wouldn’t recommend it as a regular daily thing. 

9 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Yeah I suppose it’s a bit tricky when you’re on the move a lot. I don’t suppose it’s gonna do much harm when you’re replacing the odd meal but wouldn’t recommend it as a regular daily thing. 

Thanks pal 

13 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I’ll send you some Turkish delight to keep you going 

Remember to send me my tickets for my two week holiday with cheese instead. I wasn’t joking would be much more palatable. 

and would essentially be 13 days on my own after he meets an untimely end 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Remember to send me my tickets for my two week holiday with cheese instead. I wasn’t joking would be much more palatable. 

and would essentially be 13 days on my own after he meets an untimely end 

I’m just picturing the scene from commando, on the plane. “Don’t disturb my friend, he’s dead tired”