Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annual weightloss/get fit thread

gonzo

First gym session back this morning. Not as bad as expected on the scales but ideally want to lose half a stone. Little to no booze and no eating out for a few weeks. Minimal bread and plenty of exercise and hopefully should shed a few pounds.

Gunna try out a veggie sausage casserole tonight. See how that goes

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Escobarp said:

6 hours sleep????? 9 hrs minimum for me to function and if I don’t get it I always make sure I get it at weekend or another night to make it up 

Need my sleep too. That tablet we both take helped with that. If I don't get enough I'll shake like a shitting dog the next morning.

Like to get 7-8 hours, though the quality is vital. A good, unbroken sleep (bloody dogs barking) is great.

10 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

@MancWanderer using lbs as your unit of measurement, I like you.

110kg.

Too much.

Alas the same tablet makes it hard in this regard. I'll go and walk the dogs again! :)

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Need my sleep too. That tablet we both take helped with that. If I don't get enough I'll shake like a shitting dog the next morning.

Like to get 7-8 hours, though the quality is vital. A good, unbroken sleep (bloody dogs barking) is great.

110kg.

Too much.

Alas the same tablet makes it hard in this regard. I'll go and walk the dogs again! :)

It does make it incredibly hard mate. Bizarre to be honest. 

ive been counting calories for 7 weeks gym 3/4 times a week and no drink for not far off 3 months and it’s not for shifting.

did this 6 years ago virtually same and lost 3 stone in 3.5 months. 

I’m now living in the gym for the next two months or out on the road running

seems unfair eh that taking a tablet that allows you to live relatively pain and symptom free can have such a drastic side effect that makes you feel like shit in another way. 

dread to think what I would weigh if I had carried on boozing eating and not exercising as I was. Staggering 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It does make it incredibly hard mate. Bizarre to be honest. 

ive been counting calories for 7 weeks gym 3/4 times a week and no drink for not far off 3 months and it’s not for shifting.

did this 6 years ago virtually same and lost 3 stone in 3.5 months. 

I’m now living in the gym for the next two months or out on the road running

seems unfair eh that taking a tablet that allows you to live relatively pain and symptom free can have such a drastic side effect that makes you feel like shit in another way. 

dread to think what I would weigh if I had carried on boozing eating and not exercising as I was. Staggering 

Had a good chat with my GP about it. I described it as being almost unable to get at my energy reserves so end up eating more, as I feel hungry and light headed, as if blood sugar was low.

She said it would probably be it, and we are going to look to reduce a little.

In the meantime, I have found that a good portion of spuds with the evening meal helps. Pasta too, although rice less so. Don't feel as famished in the morning.

Porridge for breaky also helps.

I'm doing well at the moment in avoiding shitty snacks, but will try to eat more fruit to ease the pangs.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Had a good chat with my GP about it. I described it as being almost unable to get at my energy reserves so end up eating more, as I feel hungry and light headed, as if blood sugar was low.

She said it would probably be it, and we are going to look to reduce a little.

In the meantime, I have found that a good portion of spuds with the evening meal helps. Pasta too, although rice less so. Don't feel as famished in the morning.

Porridge for breaky also helps.

I'm doing well at the moment in avoiding shitty snacks, but will try to eat more fruit to ease the pangs.

I’m eating well I do have a bigger appetite than I did but I’m filling up with veg and if I’m hungry between meals will eat celery Etc to get my mind thinking I’m eating etc. 

this amount of exercise and eating should have it falling off me. It’s as if my metabolism has shut down because of the tablet so what I’m doing is simply counteracting that. 

im at the docs tomorrow to talk about it also see what they can suggest. Because I would actually rather be in pain and not be able to sleep properly than bust my arse and see my weight go nowhere. 

the Worrying thing for me is the pain and symptoms are starting to surface again so my body is getting used to these meds 

operation April hopefully so no meds then 

• Members

Since I’ve started boxing training I’ve gone from 182lbs to 188lbs body fat has decreased by 1.4%

Think I need to decrease the boxing and weight training before I start properly training for this marathon because that’s a lot of strain to put on the knees and I want to get under 3 hours again.

5 hours ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

Cauldron ones are the best I’ve had. The Lincolnshire ones. As good as any meat sausage (matron!!!). 

Managed an 8.5km run just now in under 50 mins. Was tough. 

Right now this is my time to cave. Kept carbs low all day, but I’ve nearly finished work and I’m shagged. But due to kids footy training I won’t gef my tea till 8:30.

Theres mounitans of chocolate in my cupboard plus thick white bread i could smother in butter and inhale. 

But I’ll have to have a protein shake and a wank. 

7 hours ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

First gym session back this morning. Not as bad as expected on the scales but ideally want to lose half a stone. Little to no booze and no eating out for a few weeks. Minimal bread and plenty of exercise and hopefully should shed a few pounds.

Nothing such thing as a veggie sausage casserole imo

• Members
7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Right now this is my time to cave. Kept carbs low all day, but I’ve nearly finished work and I’m shagged. But due to kids footy training I won’t gef my tea till 8:30.

Theres mounitans of chocolate in my cupboard plus thick white bread i could smother in butter and inhale. 

But I’ll have to have a protein shake and a wank. 

I’ve had to have my tea early 
By the time I get home tonight, everyone will be in bed and I’ll just want to smash out 4 mince pies and half a tub of heroes

Casserole was very nice, will certainly make again and enjoy it for dinner tomorrow. Just some recipe off tesco’s website.

Really struggle to not snack in the evenings when i drop the carbs, not even particularly chocolate or anything too bad. Just feel hungry and the constant urge to nibble on something.

Crisps. I need crisps. Urgently

Ive got two big Toblerones and a selection box, all unopened, from Xmas and they can sit there for all I care. Not what I’m craving

Porridge for breakfast, small jacket potato and beans for lunch, mushroom pasta (again) for tea. Lack of (shit) carbs headache really kicking in. Not had any bread for a week. This is really killing me

• Members
1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Rudy, I'm about 14.5, want a stone off. Running 3k a night atm which is about 450 cals burnt, what should my intake aim be? I'm around 6ft if that helps 

What pace are you running at? Light, jog, quick jog?

Example 

to get down to 13.5 I’d say your calorie intake should be 1600-1700. That’s if you’re doing a medium paced jog. That should be a 30 min workout before a warm up and cool down.

That would lose you a lb a week if your diet is ok. So 3 months to lose 14lbs

Stricter diet, same calorie intake, more intense workout ,running for longer, cycling or swimming 2-3lbs a week.

8-10 weeks.

Neither of these mean working out everyday. Rest days are just as important if not more especially when trying to lose weight.

as a rule of thumb. 7 days.

M- exercise

T- rest

W- exercise 

T- exercise

F- rest

S-exercise

S- Rest

• Site Supporter
Just now, Rudy’s Message said:

Honey. Bananas.

Plenty of slow burning energy. Will keep you going until dinner time. 

Nice one, so a swirl of honey and a chopped banana it is

I sometimes swerve breakfast completely which I know is counterproductive when trying to lose a belly.

• Members
Just now, Winchester White said:

Nice one, so a swirl of honey and a chopped banana it is

I sometimes swerve breakfast completely which I know is counterproductive when trying to lose a belly.

Cliche but it Is the most important meal of the day.

Say you haven’t eaten for 8 hours whilst asleep your body even when it’s asleep is still working so you get up and start working your body stops becoming as responsive as it should.

Without breakfast you could go around 14 hours without eating, It needs that fuel other wise it’ll start to slow your body down and one of those things it stops doing first is breaking down fats, if you can’t break down fat it then becomes harder to lose weight or stop the weight gain.