Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annual weightloss/get fit thread

gonzo

Can’t remember if I’ve posted already - but also on a cocktail of magnesium, omega 3, multi vitamin tablets. Plus drinking hot water with fresh lemon, half a tsp each of ground cinnamon and ginger. Apparently combats insulin spikes. 

30 minutes ago, Smiley said:

16/8 fasting 3-4 days a week has helped me for sure. Lost 23lbs since Jan 15th. Mixing it up with a variety of exercise and weights. And consistently topping 3000 cals burnt per day. 

Are you breaking your fast with either pure protein (chicken breast) or a broth? Apparently that’s where many go wrong and break it with carbs or fat. Or combination of both. 

Break with a handful of blueberries

then a salad with protein

hummus and seeded thins as a snack

protein shake / yoghurt

evening meal

then I’m supposed to have some yoghurt but I can’t usually manage it

Calorie deficit been no issue but getting the amount of protein in that my PT wants is v hard

11 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Break with a handful of blueberries

then a salad with protein

hummus and seeded thins as a snack

protein shake / yoghurt

evening meal

then I’m supposed to have some yoghurt but I can’t usually manage it

Calorie deficit been no issue but getting the amount of protein in that my PT wants is v hard

Are you working out in the last hour or so of the fast? Apparently that’s meant to be the most effective time. Your body running on empty. 

9 hours ago, Smiley said:

Are you working out in the last hour or so of the fast? Apparently that’s meant to be the most effective time. Your body running on empty. 

No, that doesn’t really work with my work.

Fasting approx 8:30pm-12:30pm

Workouts are 7am-ish or 5:30pm in the week and when I can at the weekend.

Im preferring them during the fast so far. Got 3 7:15 PT’s this week

Ive had a lot of energy TBF but a few headaches. Broke my fast yesterday morning - think I went on autopilot without thinking as I was out of my routine and made beans on toast. Was back on it today and plan on doing it through the week again.

Edited by jules_darby

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

Should we be forced into a full lock down what are folk planning on doing to keep fit. I know Rudy and Smiley both have homes gyms with pools but what about the paupers amongst us? 

I might have to dig out the old insanity DVDS 

Would lockdown stop everyone from working?

Still permitted in France, albeit with paperwork.

If it does, I'll just carry on, but in my own garden. Plenty of wood to cut and it's a super work out.

• Members
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Should we be forced into a full lock down what are folk planning on doing to keep fit. I know Rudy and Smiley both have homes gyms with pools but what about the paupers amongst us? 

No pool here. But I might be off work for a while, I’ll start digging.

Next door have a hot tub. Not tried it out but they don’t charge I just have to bring our Maude and put keys in a bowl for safe keeping. Nice really. 

• Site Supporter

As a greenkeeper/groundsman, would a lock-down apply to folk keeping green spaces ready to go once the ban is lifted? I know that leaving a bowling green to lie for a few weeks would be guaranteed to have sycamores sprouting. Hardly essential work but sports grounds are fucked if they're left.

52 minutes ago, royal white said:

I've got some weights and a bog standard indoor bike. The bike is a godsend in the winter really as I can piss about doing stuff my tablet and the cycling part is an afterthought. Actually lose track of time. 

Edited by deane koontz

• Moderators
1 hour ago, royal white said:

I'll still go for a run, well, i assume, i will be able to

Got some resistance bands, my PT is sending me a workout

I would highly recommend folk order the Fitbeast resistance bands off Amazon. Money well spent. I’m using daily in my lockdown situation. Skipping rope another essential. 
Might hire a hot tub when I get back home. If we go into lockdown - guessing they won’t be able to come and collect! Haha. 

No pool. Got a paddling pool. But nipper popped it last summer!!

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, MickyD said:

As a greenkeeper/groundsman, would a lock-down apply to folk keeping green spaces ready to go once the ban is lifted? I know that leaving a bowling green to lie for a few weeks would be guaranteed to have sycamores sprouting. Hardly essential work but sports grounds are fucked if they're left.

Can still go to work in France for example. Whether voluntary work would be allowed, god knows.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Smiley said:

I would highly recommend folk order the Fitbeast resistance bands off Amazon. Money well spent. I’m using daily in my lockdown situation. Skipping rope another essential. 
Might hire a hot tub when I get back home. If we go into lockdown - guessing they won’t be able to come and collect! Haha. 

No pool. Got a paddling pool. But nipper popped it last summer!!

got my PT to send me a resistance band work out, which he did complete with videos to show me what to do

good lad

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Need some time off the booze

No cans in the house and ran out of weed

Aiming to stay off it till Thursday if not Friday

Back went last week but going to do 5 miles today, hopefully

Need to feel fit again