gonzo

• Members
2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Need some time off the booze

No cans in the house and ran out of weed

Aiming to stay off it till Thursday if not Friday

Back went last week but going to do 5 miles today, hopefully

Need to feel fit again

Think I’ve drank every night since lockdown. I need to nip it in the bud and have some time off. Slippery slope and all that.

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Think I’ve drank every night since lockdown. I need to nip it in the bud and have some time off. Slippery slope and all that.

Im still going for a run but suspect I will feel fresh after and therefore decide to crack on with some Sunday boozing

70 mins on the bike (42 with my Mrs - her first outing - so the pace was a bit Driving Miss Daisy). Left her at home and cracked on for the rest of the time at much faster pace. Discovering local paths, trails and housing areas I never knew existed nearby. 

Got home with energy to spare - so got the kettlebells, skipping rope and resistance bands out and did a decent 40 mins session in the garden. 

Treated myself to a couple of Strongbow Dark Fruits. Far from my first choice. Our stocks are low and I’m now tackling the leftover Xmas drink we’d bought for family and guests. 

• Moderators

decided resistance bands are wank

so now want some kettle bells

so looking at these:

seems cheap:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/We-Sports-28kg30kg-Kettlebell-Exercise/dp/B00KRHXN6Y

seems expensive:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/We-Kettlebells-Exercise-Kettlebell-Training/dp/B01AUXM8HO

I don't mind paying higher price for the equipment, just want to avoid either buying cheap crap, or overpriced stuff

any one know anything about kettle bells?

9 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

so looking at these:

seems cheap:

seems expensive:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/We-Kettlebells-Exercise-Kettlebell-Training/dp/B01AUXM8HO

I don't mind paying higher price for the equipment, just want to avoid either buying cheap crap, or overpriced stuff

The first link looks to be a 4 Kg Kettlebell and the other link a 44 Kg kettlebell.

Big difference in weight as well as price!

• Moderators
1 minute ago, dave2980 said:

The first link looks to be a 4 Kg Kettlebell and the other link a 44 Kg kettlebell.

Big difference in weight as well as price!

this is why those links are confusing

can't tell if it's for one or a set

if the second link is for one, then I think I might sack off kettlebells

• Site Supporter

Does walking actually work well to lose weight?

I'm carrying a lot of muscle, but as the gyms shut, I'm starting to gain a barrel belly.. 

I don't fancy running as I've been advised not to on certain medical grounds, plus being over 20 stone, it's not too friendly on my knees.

I can walk all day, Did a 5 mile walk today in just over an hour, 

I want to get down to 19 stone for now, stone at a time. So hopefully if i keep pushing the distance, I can knock some off

5 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Does walking actually work well to lose weight?

I'm carrying a lot of muscle, but as the gyms shut, I'm starting to gain a barrel belly.. 

I don't fancy running as I've been advised not to on certain medical grounds, plus being over 20 stone, it's not too friendly on my knees.

I can walk all day, Did a 5 mile walk today in just over an hour, 

I want to get down to 19 stone for now, stone at a time. So hopefully if i keep pushing the distance, I can knock some off

No such thing as bad exercise. But you’re going to have to do it for quite lengthy periods on a regular basis for it to make much of a difference. Have you considered an exercise bike as a non-impact alternative?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

No such thing as bad exercise. But you’re going to have to do it for quite lengthy periods on a regular basis for it to make much of a difference. Have you considered an exercise bike as a non-impact alternative?

I was tempted to get a proper bike, but the drivers around here drive like dicks. We don't have room for any home equipment.

I was doing OK with the gym and my other excercise but i've gone down to no exercise from a very active lifestyle.  

Just planned a 6 Mile walk for tomorrow, not going more than a mile and half from the house. 

2 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

I was tempted to get a proper bike, but the drivers around here drive like dicks. We don't have room for any home equipment.

I was doing OK with the gym and my other excercise but i've gone down to no exercise from a very active lifestyle.  

Just planned a 6 Mile walk for tomorrow, not going more than a mile and half from the house. 

You will be surprised how much weight you can lose walking mate. If you do it every day/most days it can make a huge difference. I lost 2.5 stone a few years ago and all I was doing was eating healthy, no Booze and walking as I couldn’t run due to an injury but walking was fine. 

9 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

so looking at these:

seems cheap:

seems expensive:

Loving my bands. And combining with Kettlebells. 
Picked up 2x 8kg ones from Aldi last year on a great deal. 
Others came from some place in Warrington online/Gumtree. Got a 12, 14 & 18. Got that 18 about a week before all this kicked off. 
Definitely get a good workout with them. 

Actually that 18 came from Sweatband.com. Currently unavailable and priced at £36.99. I paid £24.99. 
Profiteering from the crisis. 

https://www.sweatband.com/dkn-18kg-vinyl-kettlebell.html

Edited by Smiley

• Members
2 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

I'm doing some press-ups every now and again.

Proper ones mind. Fucks me off people doing half ones.

Chest and chin touching the floor every rep. 

Chin and chest shouldn’t touch the floor and you should be looking down not in front otherwise your back is curling and  not straight your elbows are flexing , your shoulder blades aren’t doing the correct work, and you’re resting your chest, it’s not a chest exercise it’s a core exercise.

46 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Chin and chest shouldn’t touch the floor and you should be looking down not in front otherwise your back is curling and  not straight your elbows are flexing , your shoulder blades aren’t doing the correct work, and you’re resting your chest, it’s not a chest exercise it’s a core exercise.

Sorry been told the total opposite by a CrossFit coach. Chest touches doesn't rest at all. 

4 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

I'm doing some press-ups every now and again.

Proper ones mind. Fucks me off people doing half ones.

Chest and chin touching the floor every rep. 

if you want to challenge youself, see how far you can get into this

Did a half marathon friday night and was 16 minutes quicker than the one i did a few weeks ago. admittedly it was the reverse route so removed the mind numbing last 4 miles on the front into wind which breaks me.

Did a 5km loop of the apartment block last night as well.....about 20 laps i think it was. boring as fuck but faster than i have gone all year. defo going to have to address the diet to improve times now though.