Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annual weightloss/get fit thread

gonzo

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

But not really applying common sense, hence the thousands of tweets slagging Boris off at the moment. 

So you agree no rules are broken. 

Just in your opinion it was not a common sense decision ? 

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

So you agree no rules are broken. 

Just in your opinion it was not a common sense decision ? 

I don’t think I’ve ever said rules have been broken. I questioned staying local. If people think 9 miles is local then that’s up to them. 

Just imagine your mate inviting you to the local boozer yet after 8 miles of walking you still have another mile or so to go. 

Just now, royal white said:

I don’t think I’ve ever said rules have been broken. I questioned staying local. If people think 9 miles is local then that’s up to them. 

Just imagine your mate inviting you to the local boozer yet after 8 miles of walking you still have another mile or so to go. 

Hancock today said walking 8 miles from your house is fine. So given you can walk 8 miles with a mate. Cycling to a point 9miles from your house is a better call if you are on your own. 

So Zico is applying more common sense than the Govt. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

We had our bubble from the start, 2 sisters both pregnant at the same time, we were what you could say proactive instead of reactive. 

keep going 

4tgbgb.jpg

if you were being "procative" to protect 2 pregnant relatives, why would you have done non essential travel to go up Rivvy for a ride on your high horse, because by your own admission "weren’t to sure what was going on"?

common sense

8 minutes ago, royal white said:

I've stayed out of this for long enough. You've gone too far now, teasing us with tales of walking to a boozer, have a heart man. 

You utter bastard!!!! 

5 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

4tgbgb.jpg

if you were being "procative" to protect 2 pregnant relatives, why would you have done non essential travel to go up Rivvy for a ride on your high horse, because by your own admission "weren’t to sure what was going on"?

common sense

Now you’re getting confused. Read back through the posts and try again. 

And yes like most people didn’t really have a clue what was going on with the virus at that time. Only a few dead, hospitals not really over run. Fast forward 6 months and some still can’t grasp it. Madness 

9 minutes ago, Ani said:

Hancock today said walking 8 miles from your house is fine. So given you can walk 8 miles with a mate. Cycling to a point 9miles from your house is a better call if you are on your own. 

So Zico is applying more common sense than the Govt. 

I think we can all agree the government have made decisions that didn’t make much sense. Eat out to help out is another. If they brought that in again I would give it a wide berth as Common sense would tell me to avoid it.

5 minutes ago, royal white said:

I think we can all agree the government have made decisions that didn’t make much sense. Eat out to help out is another. If they brought that in again I would give it a wide berth as Common sense would tell me to avoid it.

Surely depends when it is introduced. At the time it seemed like a decent idea. If they do it again this summer with 75% of people injected would you still not go out ? 
How about autumn with everyone injected ? 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

Now you’re getting confused. Read back through the posts and try again. 

And yes like most people didn’t really have a clue what was going on with the virus at that time. Only a few dead, hospitals not really over run. Fast forward 6 months and some still can’t grasp it. Madness 

I'm not confused 

Your first reply to my post about my bike ride was 

"So much for “not travelling outside your local area”" 

Since then you've admitted you can't recall where you've been during lockdown and have probably been outside your local area yet reckon you were proactive by forming a support bubble three months before the concept of support bubbles were introduced, whilst admitting at the same time you had no idea what was going on  

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

I'm not confused 

Your first reply to my post about my bike ride was 

"So much for “not travelling outside your local area”" 

Since then you've admitted you can't recall where you've been during lockdown and have probably been outside your local area yet reckon you were proactive by forming a support bubble three months before the concept of support bubbles were introduced, whilst admitting at the same time you had no idea what was going on  

I’ll break it down for you. 

we obviously have a different definition of what local is.

Walks around a big pond and up a hill don’t leave that much of an effect on my life, but like I have continually said I probably did. 

Right from the start my family made a decision to not see as many people as possible. We didn’t need the government to Prompt us.

Obviously you’re not to sure what’s happening at the moment hence a bike ride to visit football grounds, however it doesn’t help when the PM is being a complete cockwomble about it as well. 

End of the day it comes down to what you think is local, you think 10 miles is I don’t. You Crack on doing your football ground tours 👍

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ll break it down for you. 

we obviously have a different definition of what local is.

Walks around a big pond and up a hill don’t leave that much of an effect on my life, but like I have continually said I probably did. 

Right from the start my family made a decision to not see as many people as possible. We didn’t need the government to Prompt us.

Obviously you’re not to sure what’s happening at the moment hence a bike ride to visit football grounds, however it doesn’t help when the PM is being a complete cockwomble about it as well. 

End of the day it comes down to what you think is local, you think 10 miles is I don’t. You Crack on doing your football ground tours 👍

See that's the thing I don't get 

You think you were ok to travel miles to go do outdoor things during lockdown, but for some reason I'm not 

I'm not knocking you for going up rivvy or to entwistle or Belmont which, unless im mistaken are not local to you, but you are knocking me for going on a bike ride past some footy grounds 

Below are my pictures of city and Stockport yesterday, they didn't leave much of an effect on my life either, i just passed by

There is literally no one there and it's probably nearer to my house than where you've been going, unless you live less than 9 miles from rivvy or entwistle or Belmont

I've not seen my folks since October or my brothers since march and i went to the pub once in July, so like you, if what you say is true, we've both been careful 

I don't get why you think you're beacon of integrity and I'm not, but feel free to explain 

ikrVlOQ.jpg

cedA0nf.jpg

My battery ran out before i got to OT hence no picture 

Local to me is rivi lower barn. It's closer than tesco middlebrook. 

I never go to tesco 

I go to aldi horwich. 

I'd sooner fucking die than have some cunt get his protractor out and start working out where I'm breaking the rules. 

Have a fucking word with yourselfs you clowns. 

Some people live in flats, 1 bed houses of multiple occupancy and others in house shares...many in the middle of towns or cities. 

Can these cunts not enjoy the outdoors? 

Jesus a proper ground spotter.

Belmont - family - bubble - baby sitter - essential.

I was hoping the majority of us had learnt more about the virus since then early days,  I’m quite confident many have, though clearly some haven’t.

Like I have said, it comes down to what you class as local and we both clearly have different views on this, maybe you could jump on Twitter tonight and defend Boris as he’s getting a lot of hate for what many see as selfish behaviour, you can explain to them why it’s fine. 👍

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Local to me is rivi lower barn. It's closer than tesco middlebrook. 

I never go to tesco 

I go to aldi horwich. 

I'd sooner fucking die than have some cunt get his protractor out and start working out where I'm breaking the rules. 

Have a fucking word with yourselfs you clowns. 

Some people live in flats, 1 bed houses of multiple occupancy and others in house shares...many in the middle of towns or cities. 

Can these cunts not enjoy the outdoors? 

Course they can. Who has said they can’t?