Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annual weightloss/get fit thread

gonzo

Just now, royal white said:

So when does local mean you can’t leave your flat. 

When you'd sooner fucking kill yourself than stay in your one bedroom flat that you've been in for 12 months 

Or when your family is on the edge because you can't go anywhere and it's either we go out for a walk or..... 

Just now, stevieb said:

When you'd sooner fucking kill yourself than stay in your one bedroom flat that you've been in for 12 months 

Or when your family is on the edge because you can't go anywhere and it's either we go out for a walk or..... 

No one has said you can’t leave your flat or house. Go out and get fresh air, exercise etc. 

15 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

They’re both parts of London but 22 miles apart

I like this idea of local, if London is my local I can go for bloody miles!

Living in London doesn't mean anywhere across London is local. I'm not popping over to Richmond. 

I see it as mainly stay in your Borough but even that doesn't work as within 3 miles I can be in four different boroughs. So, basically..... stay close to home for a few weeks. Sorted.

• Site Supporter

Way over board this.

Shit stirring media now wanting to know whether Boris rode there, or whether he was dropped of.

Wonder how many weetabix he had before?

Zico going for a good ride isnt exactly an issue neither. Road riding wouldn't be for me anymore, much prefer a cycle track/off road, but each to their own.

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, L/H White said:

are we getting to the point where we need some straightners to sort it?

nah, I was just hoping RW should shed some light as to how I was lacking common sense or what he'd learnt over the course of the virus that would allow him to explain how I put myself or others at risk, but he hasn't because he can't, just keeps going on about ground spotting

he's tried to take the moral high ground but failed miserabley as he doesn't know what he's on about and travels from Salford through Bolton to Lancashire to do exercise

so let's draw a line under it

jog on

(but stay local)

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Need to pull your finger out Zico, you lazy twat.

common sense

just avoid going near football grounds, as that's not on, apparently (though it's not been confirmed yet and not mentioned in the rules)

@ZicoKelly  

krankie making it clear that the stay at home stay local etc is designed to keep people from interacting. Avoid busy areas etc etc.  so your bike ride looking at that was sensible and also folk who drive to secluded areas for exercise is also sensible and doing the right thing (within the realms of reasonable travel of course no doubt). 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

@ZicoKelly  

krankie making it clear that the stay at home stay local etc is designed to keep people from interacting. Avoid busy areas etc etc.  so your bike ride looking at that was sensible and also folk who drive to secluded areas for exercise is also sensible and doing the right thing (within the realms of reasonable travel of course no doubt). 

it's not me you need to tell, it's our resident beacon of common sense that needs to know this

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

@ZicoKelly  

I don't get why it's so hard for the Government to have said similar about Boris instead of bumbling their way through it.

Obviously there's a question as to when secluded areas then become tourist attractions, but it's surely not beyond the wit of man to limit how many cars accessing and parking up at Rivvy, around the Peak District, Penny Flash, wherever.

42 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I don't get why it's so hard for the Government to have said similar about Boris instead of bumbling their way through it.

Obviously there's a question as to when secluded areas then become tourist attractions, but it's surely not beyond the wit of man to limit how many cars accessing and parking up at Rivvy, around the Peak District, Penny Flash, wherever.

Yep it’s all about common sense mate. think someone on here said they had been up rivvy or somewhere for there and car park rammed so turned round and went elsewhere.  That’s exactly what you should be doing. 

i avoid folk as best I can. That’s got to be the primary aim 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Yep it’s all about common sense mate. think someone on here said they had been up rivvy or somewhere for there and car park rammed so turned round and went elsewhere.  That’s exactly what you should be doing. 

i avoid folk as best I can. That’s got to be the primary aim 

We drive to our local park, there is duck pond with swans in the middle where people gravitate to. We go opposite way through woods. Even by the pond it is well spread out. We hardly see anyone.