Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annual weightloss/get fit thread

gonzo

Just now, Ani said:

We drive to our local park, there is duck pond with swans in the middle where people gravitate to. We go opposite way through woods. Even by the pond it is well spread out. We hardly see anyone. 

Common sense pal. 

that’s really different than “I will do what I think is right though common sense”

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Common sense pal. 

that’s really different than “I will do what I think is right though common sense”

Do not want to pick out individuals on here but ‘using common sense’ is often double speak for ‘ignoring rules that are inconvenient’ . 
We have sat down with kids this week and agreed a few extra rules to reduce  contact so no takeaways, no popping to shop for bits, no online shopping for clothes (more because they often need returning) , missus has asked for and agree furlough at work etc. 

Nothing dramatic but if we all do a little bit more it helps stop it spreading. 

12 minutes ago, Ani said:

Do not want to pick out individuals on here but ‘using common sense’ is often double speak for ‘ignoring rules that are inconvenient’
We have sat down with kids this week and agreed a few extra rules to reduce  contact so no takeaways, no popping to shop for bits, no online shopping for clothes (more because they often need returning) , missus has asked for and agree furlough at work etc. 

Nothing dramatic but if we all do a little bit more it helps stop it spreading. 

Nail right on the head there pal. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I don't get why it's so hard for the Government to have said similar about Boris instead of bumbling their way through it.

Obviously there's a question as to when secluded areas then become tourist attractions, but it's surely not beyond the wit of man to limit how many cars accessing and parking up at Rivvy, around the Peak District, Penny Flash, wherever.

Drove along Grane Road last week. Nice and snowy. The car parks on either side of the road near the reservoir and cafe were clearly rammed and dozens of cars lined up on the verges on both sides. 

Never seen it so busy. 

Go a little further in either direction, and park up with no bugger about. Loads of footpaths with no one one them. 

52 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Drove along Grane Road last week. Nice and snowy. The car parks on either side of the road near the reservoir and cafe were clearly rammed and dozens of cars lined up on the verges on both sides. 

Never seen it so busy. 

Go a little further in either direction, and park up with no bugger about. Loads of footpaths with no one one them. 

I was there at some point.

Really dont get all the aggro. Chances of catching outside are slim to fuck all anyway. As long as you all stay apart and dont go anywhere else, really dont what the issue is.

Same as boz cycling. Cycle where you bastard want, not causing a single bit of harm to anyone.

On 12/01/2021 at 17:17, Ani said:

We drive to our local park, there is duck pond with swans in the middle where people gravitate to. We go opposite way through woods. Even by the pond it is well spread out. We hardly see anyone. 

Is it not a swan pond then?

6lb off in a week for me that’s 9lb since first Jan but this week is first week I’ve really knuckled down and got out and about and stuck to my exercising. 

walked 48km and ran 24km this week. Feeling it now in my legs but feel miles better in my head more than anything. Wee blast down by the coast this morning just blows away any cobwebs 

my average steps per day on dec were 2k! 2k! Although I only use my phone and it gets left on the table during the day etc. but I’m averaging 13.5k in January and 16k this week. 

Tue-Fri I did the 16/8 intermittent fasting. And also went keto for 4 days. Will aim to do this midweek for a while. But not forgiving my Friday night beers, Saturday morning cooked brekkie or Sunday Roast.

Managed my 6th half marathon of the month on Friday. Ended with a black toe and pulled calf. Gutted!

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

6lb off in a week for me that’s 9lb since first Jan but this week is first week I’ve really knuckled down and got out and about and stuck to my exercising. 

walked 48km and ran 24km this week. Feeling it now in my legs but feel miles better in my head more than anything. Wee blast down by the coast this morning just blows away any cobwebs 

my average steps per day on dec were 2k! 2k! Although I only use my phone and it gets left on the table during the day etc. but I’m averaging 13.5k in January and 16k this week. 

Harder in this weather and the dark, but at 16,600 for Jan

2 hours ago, Smiley said:

Tue-Fri I did the 16/8 intermittent fasting. And also went keto for 4 days. Will aim to do this midweek for a while. But not forgiving my Friday night beers, Saturday morning cooked brekkie or Sunday Roast.

Managed my 6th half marathon of the month on Friday. Ended with a black toe and pulled calf. Gutted!

What hours do you do your 16/8, out of interest? I don’t have breakfast as a matter of course so by default only eat between 12:00-19:30 but I’ve no idea whether it makes much difference other than giving me more calories to work with for my two meals of the day.

(10.6 pounds gone for Pie Dry January so far, 20 pounds more to go for my goal weight. Only time I’ve missed the booze was watching the Bolton and Hibs games yesterday but that was undoubtedly because of the results. Odd pie will be reintroduced within my calorie limit in February)

5 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

What hours do you do your 16/8, out of interest? I don’t have breakfast as a matter of course so by default only eat between 12:00-19:30 but I’ve no idea whether it makes much difference other than giving me more calories to work with for my two meals of the day.

(10.6 pounds gone for Pie Dry January so far, 20 pounds more to go for my goal weight. Only time I’ve missed the booze was watching the Bolton and Hibs games yesterday but that was undoubtedly because of the results. Odd pie will be reintroduced within my calorie limit in February)

Mixed. But usually aim to stop eating by 8pm. Earlier if possible. And then start again 1-2pm the following day. So some days go 18 hours. Try to break the fast with pure protein only. Usually just a cooked chicken breast. And then eat more substantially after 30-45 mins after it.

Planned a big run on Wednesday. So won’t be fasting then. And won’t be on keto either. Will aim to get up early and smash a big bowl of porridge. 

Your weight loss is superb for the month!!! I’m hovering around 6-7lbs lost. 

On 25/01/2021 at 02:26, jayjayoghani said:

Takes about 2-3 weeks to attain ketosis. Well it did for me anyway. Had these ketostix that you piss on, similar to a litmus test. A proper keto diet for 3 weeks is bloody tough! 

When I did it for "real" over 4 years back - the first week was literally cutting carbs to less than 20g per day. It was very tough. After that, you could introduce a few extra g here and there and also have cheat days in weeks 3 onwards. Didn't touch alcohol for 6 weeks.

The time I've just cut out the usual suspects - potatoes, rice, pasta, bread and the refined sugary snacks and crisps. Making fajitas with lettuce leaves was a challenge - but actually no less tasty than using tortillas.

3 hours ago, Smiley said:

When I did it for "real" over 4 years back - the first week was literally cutting carbs to less than 20g per day. It was very tough. After that, you could introduce a few extra g here and there and also have cheat days in weeks 3 onwards. Didn't touch alcohol for 6 weeks.

The time I've just cut out the usual suspects - potatoes, rice, pasta, bread and the refined sugary snacks and crisps. Making fajitas with lettuce leaves was a challenge - but actually no less tasty than using tortillas.

Not done any sort of low carb kind of thing for a couple of years, but replacing burger buns with gem lettuce leaves are surprisingly nice as well. 

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not done any sort of low carb kind of thing for a couple of years, but replacing burger buns with gem lettuce leaves are surprisingly nice as well. 

Surprisingly nice, I'll give you, but definitely not just as tasty as per Smiley.