Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annual weightloss/get fit thread

gonzo

• Members
1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Rudy... You should write a pamphlet and try to sell it to the NHS. 😎

Last publishers said to build my profile For a book , YouTube, Instagram, Twitter. I didn’t and got told to fuck off.

The irony is they were trying to get me to sell a fitness program on platforms that don’t need any cunting fitness.

I’ll stick to it here and not charge any sod 😁

On 23/12/2019 at 18:14, ErnestTurnip said:

It is important but it's got ridiculous these days with kids having bottles of water with em in every lesson. How much water do marathon runners take in during their efforts? I've run marathons myself and drank very little during them, wouldn't have dreamed of even having any water on a run less than say 16 miles.

I'm currently having some water with apple in it in case the doctor is a WW member.

That’s where I’m at. If I’m thirsty I’ll have a drink. 

I ain’t died yet. 

1 hour ago, royal white said:

Bit of a gay question but have any of you got any smart scales? And if so what are your views on them? 

I have a set of Withings Body+ scales. I’ve no idea how accurate they are for body composition etc. because I’ve never used any others so I suppose it depends on what you want them for, but I’m pretty happy with them. The wife on the other hand thinks that they’re not great as she was a few lbs lighter on our old metric scales.

• Members
3 hours ago, royal white said:

Bit of a gay question but have any of you got any smart scales? And if so what are your views on them? 

They’re great but In my opinion not a great tool to lose weight more maintain a certain weight if that makes sense 

18 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

They’re great but In my opinion not a great tool to lose weight more maintain a certain weight if that makes sense 

I’m looking at the new fitbit one, I was going to go with the Withins mentioned above but read somewhere that if you are a fitbit owner, which I am, you’re best off going for the fitbit scales. 

14st in a day 

• Members
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’m looking at the new fitbit one, I was going to go with the Withins mentioned above but read somewhere that if you are a fitbit owner, which I am, you’re best off going for the fitbit scales. 

14st in a day 

If you want some scales go for Renpho you’ll get change from £30 they work with fitbits I’ve got an Apple Watch and the Apple health works great with them as well.

The one I have at work measures your weight, BMI, body fat, water content etc. 

15 minutes ago, royal white said:

14st in a day 

Sounds fair enough, I have a Garmin watch but sync the Garmin Connect app with MyFitnessPal (and Strava) so everything gets updated.

Scales measure weight, BMI, fat and water like the Renpho ones (and tells me the weather), difference is I paid £32 for my Withins scales a couple of years ago, not sure I'd be shelling out £80 for them now.

I had a full full English, dominoes, 4 pints and 9 cans of lager yesterday. 

Toast with butter this morning, 4 chicken legs from Morrison’s and 2 chicken and gravy pies. 2 pints at the match a KFC for tea.

Out of Controll. 

• Members
31 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Toast with butter this morning, 4 chicken legs from Morrison’s and 2 chicken and gravy pies. 2 pints at the match a KFC for tea.

Out of Controll. 

You animal 😂

33 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Out of Controll. 

What you having for supper? 

2 hours ago, QFPants said:

Sounds fair enough, I have a Garmin watch but sync the Garmin Connect app with MyFitnessPal (and Strava) so everything gets updated.

Scales measure weight, BMI, fat and water like the Renpho ones (and tells me the weather), difference is I paid £32 for my Withins scales a couple of years ago, not sure I'd be shelling out £80 for them now.

Just about to purchase a garmin watch, the 645 is available at £175 (£199 with music), looking to bring all the MFP and Strava together to nail a decent diet whilst building up my running 

Would you recommend any particular model before I jump in? 

Also, what’s this about smart scales linking into the data as well? 

• Moderators
13 hours ago, gonzo said:

Out of Controll. 

Moved house this month

Lots of beer and junk food in December

Moving house is stressful

Left the scales at the old place so no idea what i currently weigh

Will check tomorrow but if it's less than 13.5 stone I'll be amazed

29 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

For anyone who is wanting to start to lose weight in Jan.

Set a goal and write it down. Not just weight loss but something you wanna achieve. A 5k, a half marathon a full marathon.

Write it down and aim for it.

Already signed up for 5 events this year, I wanted to do an Ironman but the missus has somehow got herself preggers  so it’s not  realistic at the moment, though there’s a half ironman in May that I may go for. 

Heaton park are hosting a 5k, 10k and half marathon on the 26th June. Maybe a good event to aim for for some on here.

• Members
20 minutes ago, royal white said:

Already signed up for 5 events this year, I wanted to do an Ironman but the missus has somehow got herself preggers  so it’s not  realistic at the moment, though there’s a half ironman in May that I may go for. 

Heaton park are hosting a 5k, 10k and half marathon on the 26th June. Maybe a good event to aim for for some on here.

Ironman is a no from me, I’m not a strong swimmer at all. Lengths in a pool but nothing else. I’m doing the full one in April. I’ve done London twice. Feel I’m in miles better physical shape this time round though.

Heaton park is great because it’s fairly flat with one big incline

Lost 3 stone summer before last and 2 summer just gone.

Did through calorie defecit, a balanced diet and exercise. It’s really not that difficult to know what to do. Folk just make it hard work with fad bollocks diets. 

Staying off the pies drugs and beer is a completely different matter all together :)

• Members
6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Lost 3 stone summer before last and 2 summer just gone.

Did through calorie defecit, a balanced diet and exercise. It’s really not that difficult to know what to do. Folk just make it hard work with fad bollocks diets. 

Staying off the pies drugs and beer is a completely different matter all together :)

Some drugs will help with weight loss