Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The worst thing was....

NZtrotter

Not a single player appeared to even give a shit, I realise we are a poor team, and Ive watched a lot of poor bolton teams in the past yet never witnessed anything as gutless as that, i doubt most of them even broke sweat. If we lose through lack of ability theres not much they can do about that other than work hard and try their best, yesterday was an embarrasment on the pitch of the highest order. Before I set out on this 17,000 km trip I set a very modest target of hoping to see a wanderers goal in the few games im here for, im not too worried about a goal anymore, just some effort will do me now.

On the plus side, it was a great day out either side of the 90 minutes in the middle with a good bunch of lads, nothing like a nice glass od milk in weatherspoons !

Good to meet you mate 

a goal would of been nice for you to see, I’m sure mr grey would of given you the heads up prior how drab it’s been 

I’m glad you enjoyed the day cracking set of lads and it’s like that every away day we just have to ignore the dross being served 

anyway Wetherspoons app the future!!

3 hours ago, captainmed said:

I did the Bristol City 6-0, nearly 3 years ago. 

I still haven't got over that, so another one so close would have sent me over the edge. 

Good job it was Birch’s stag do and we were all bolloxed from Cheltenham and the night before as well as pre match beers, otherwise that would have been a proper mental scarring game!

4 hours ago, captainmed said:

I did the Bristol City 6-0, nearly 3 years ago. 

I still haven't got over that, so another one so close would have sent me over the edge. 

Mate who drove yesterday also drove to the 7-1 Reading game. Thank fuck we’re getting the train to Bristol. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Good job it was Birch’s stag do and we were all bolloxed from Cheltenham and the night before as well as pre match beers, otherwise that would have been a proper mental scarring game!

That sounds like good prep for the Brizzle game again. I’m a bit worried that this season is just gonna disintegrate like Lennon’s last year. We might have a few more painful days unless he gets chopped.

14 minutes ago, Steejay said:

That sounds like good prep for the Brizzle game again. I’m a bit worried that this season is just gonna disintegrate like Lennon’s last year. We might have a few more painful days unless he gets chopped.

I would guess we'll have more painful days even if he does get chopped.

Any new manager would  just have the same crop of crap to work with.