Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brizzle AWAY

RUREADY2ROLL

• The topic was pinned
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Still not got over the spanking we recieved down there on Birch’s stag doo, nor the 8 hour journey home. I’m out. 

Ditto.

We'll lose, theyr'e a non-descript club, the ground lacks atmosphere and isnt really walkable from town. 

The town itself is OK for a weekend and the harbour is nice but not for me in January.   

As always though, fair play to those going, especially in these circumstances and just after Xmas.  

Must have been here 10+ times and only seen us win once. Its another place where we have a poor record although perhaps not as bad as Derby/Forest.  

Edited by captainmed

16 minutes ago, tomski said:

I'm still thankful an operation put me out of that doo:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

To be fair it was excellent couple of days other than the 90 minutes. Top organization by Birch, everything was laid on top notch. 

i wasn't on that trip, but the story of the lad trying to drop the fruit machine at the service station always cracks me up

I remember going to Bristol city at the peak of our shitness must of been mid 80s the supporters club took 1 coach didn’t fancy that so heard a transit van was going from moor lane, rocked up on my own about 8 am and the van was there, the hard core crew of the likes of Joe C, Shaun G, Neb, a right motley crew, idvof been youngest there about 19-20 years old and didn’t really know the other lads that well, most were pissed up from the night before, 16 in the back rammed in and half way there it kicked off in the van, anyhow driver pulled up and it all got sorted, it was decided that we were going to try take the Bristol end all 16 of us, despite being wet behind the ears I thought fuck that, so gave it a swerve and waited on the Bolton end for the attempt, sure enough 10 minutes before kick off a commotion ensued on the away end, didn’t last that long but a brave attempt was made, they were marched round the ground and back into the Bolton end. Such was life back then. 

17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I remember going to Bristol city at the peak of our shitness must of been mid 80s the supporters club took 1 coach didn’t fancy that so heard a transit van was going from moor lane, rocked up on my own about 8 am and the van was there, the hard core crew of the likes of Joe C, Shaun G, Neb, a right motley crew, idvof been youngest there about 19-20 years old and didn’t really know the other lads that well, most were pissed up from the night before, 16 in the back rammed in and half way there it kicked off in the van, anyhow driver pulled up and it all got sorted, it was decided that we were going to try take the Bristol end all 16 of us, despite being wet behind the ears I thought fuck that, so gave it a swerve and waited on the Bolton end for the attempt, sure enough 10 minutes before kick off a commotion ensued on the away end, didn’t last that long but a brave attempt was made, they were marched round the ground and back into the Bolton end. Such was life back then. 

Good reminiscences Mounts about th'olden days. There didn't seem to be a match that fans weren't marched round to the 'correct' end back then.

I remember going to City and Rovers either same season or following seasons. Rovers had just moved to Twerton Park and we didn't realise that it was in Bath! Must have been Mid 80's as well.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Neb, now there's a blast from the past! Rum as fuck that lad.

44 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Had some great nights out in Bristol at Syndicate and around the harbour. None of them involved going to a match, although that 2-1 win there on our doomed play off charge under Douglas was excellent.

Guttted I missed that one, had everything by all accounts 

it was during my time out season