Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brizzle AWAY

RUREADY2ROLL

11 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I admire your optmimism but we have no chance IMO.

The players simply arent good enough, the Manager is incompetent and when you add in all the turmoil off the pitch, this is the result.

I truly believe that we will be relegated by mid April, perhaps @ Derby like last time.

We will finish bottom of the league, of that I have little doubt.

Like Mounts said, it’s a similar feel to the 80’s.

That was just dog shit

Big Josh couldnt control a balloon; god he is a bad un playing that single striker role

Grounds must be our worse ever full back

No chance whatsoever of staying up

;Last year after the dreadful start we had players that battled and we won a game now and then; we also had ALF who saved us

Some decent away days in League 1 but we wont be coming back like last time

The biggest fall-out of the BN & Ken debacle is that PP can sit in the middle insulated from the shit he should be getting.

The BN rather than worrying about 500k KA may or may not have had, why not ask him why he is still employing a manager with such a shit record in the championship & with the worst scoring record in the entire league who thought it wise to let his best striker leave!!

That's what I want the local paper to hold the club to account for, not for the fuckin FGR chairman!

Fuck off Parky, do the decent thing and resign.

Probably  feels like early eighties before the real rot set in when attendances bottomed out at 4500 

Dont think things are quite so desperate despite a really shitty few months 

Not overly optimistic but its a four horse race now which we need to win .

Could do without the off pitch bullshit though.

15 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

I really think our only chance is a new manager to try to get summat out of these players, it's a long shot but christ we need to try something surely, when I saw we were one up today I had no confidence whatsoever we would hang on it hardly registered with me, I have not been this pissed off since the 80s

Who would you like to replace him? Not being a dick here, I'm genuinely interested. 

I'd love us to come up with a shrewd one like villa have with Brentford's ex manager. I know they lost today but he gets results and they play decent enough football. Anyone like that in the lower leagues we could attract?

Some say the Brentford model got their result not that manager in particular. 

Parkys going nowhere by the way. He’d have been sacked about 6 times before now if that was an option.

grim times but I cant help but feel we can still scrape something to make an escape. 

Everyone else around us are as shit as we are.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Some say the Brentford model got their result not that manager in particular. 

Parkys going nowhere by the way. He’d have been sacked about 6 times before now if that was an option.

grim times but I cant help but feel we can still scrape something to make an escape. 

Everyone else around us are as shit as we are.

We will need the transfer embargo lifting and some very shrewd loan signings if we are to stay up. But who’s gonna loan anyone to us given our treatment of clubs who’ve loan us players recently? 

The 80's were bad. I hated those years. I really didn't think that I'd ever think that things were as bad as then. I've said on other threads that the younger element who've only ever known us heading upwards, and/or life in the Prem, really don't understand how shit it can be supporting BWFC and nowt compares to the 80's

I've changed my opinion. This is worse..........

Normid vs Winding-up orders

Old men sat in a wood-panelled room around a committee table saying fuck all vs a chairman spouting on social media

(Relatively) Flat pricing vs stupid pricing

Players that gave a shit because they didn't earn enough from football vs players that earn more in a month than a lot of supporters earn in a year despite being shit

Gordon Sharrock vs Marc Iles

Fanzines vs Social media

We are going down. I expect nothing else. I have no optimism any more. I accepted it in the '80's and, along with many Wanderers, got on with it, and got my arse off my seat and went to Wrexham, Chesterfield and other salubrious shitholes, and revelled in the fact that all we cared about was arguing whether Trevor Morgan, Gary Henshaw and their ilk were shit or not

Nowadays it's just constant negativity, fuelled by social media, that drives some supporters to be m0ngtards

I have no answer. I'm a grumpy old fucker, fuelled by the 70's, longing for the days when social media didn't dictate football and BWFC

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Jesus wept, I’ve just face planted my chilli con carne after reading the last few posts

:(

Low carb or having rice?

Four of us sat in Bristol Travelodge with a Becks Vier and a pizza while Mrs ‘gets ready’. Fitness Pal isn’t being updated. 

Ended up staying outside ground long enough for Mrs to have a selfie with Parky. Don’t always agree with his decisions but shook his hands for what he’s doing in the situation. Been said before but I don’t see who else I’d put in such a situation. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think we can finish above Ipswich and Rotherham, not sure about reading. 

Me too. Reading are playing well, and I fear they will run rings round us. I think millwall are more likely to go down than reading. But in truth we will be well adrift by Easter, we are kidding ourselves if we think otherwise. Our only win since September was at home v Rotherham, we just don't belong in this league.

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

I admire your optmimism but we have no chance IMO.

The players simply arent good enough, the Manager is incompetent and when you add in all the turmoil off the pitch, this is the result.

I truly believe that we will be relegated by mid April, perhaps @ Derby like last time.

We will finish bottom of the league, of that I have little doubt.

Like Mounts said, it’s a similar feel to the 80’s.

I saw virtually every home game in the 80s and loads away and it was never this bad. Yes we had some drubbings but never did we routinely not have a shot and we never, ever played without 2 strikers. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We will need the transfer embargo lifting and some very shrewd loan signings if we are to stay up. But who’s gonna loan anyone to us given our treatment of clubs who’ve loan us players recently? 

Wouldn’t trust him with £5

proven time after time after time he can’t make signings. Neither free or with money. His record is an absolute disgrace. 

The list of players who have come and gone and made us worse is incredible.

Just now, Eavesy said:

proven time after time after time he can’t make signings. Neither free or with money. His record is an absolute disgrace. 

What moneys he had? And when you are shopping bargain basement your going to have lots of players who ain’t up to it. 

Just now, Eavesy said:

His signings are probably worse than Sammy Lee;s bag of shit that he brought in

20 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I saw virtually every home game in the 80s and loads away and it was never this bad. Yes we had some drubbings but never did we routinely not have a shot and we never, ever played without 2 strikers. 

I’m think very early 80s, losing the likes of Paul jones, Tony Henry, Neil redfearn and borrows because we couldn’t afford them and replacing with the likes of mcilhiney, graham bell and such like, not winning away for years, think it was worst back then but we’re going that way at the moment.

1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Probably  feels like early eighties before the real rot set in when attendances bottomed out at 4500 

Dont think things are quite so desperate despite a really shitty few months 

Not overly optimistic but its a four horse race now which we need to win .

Could do without the off pitch bullshit though.

To put those 5,000 crowds in perspective  (our worst average), the bottom 14 in the top division in 1985 averaged 15,000. Nowadays it's 30k. Yes everyone has doubled their crowds, thanks partly to all seater stadiums resulting in more season ticket holders alongside very cheap kids tickets. So if the 80s was happening now we would have still got 10k, and that would have been the actual crowd not the published 1 as now. Not sure what my point is tbh. 

• Site Supporter

Whichever side you sit on on the Parky debate the standard of football being served up is worse than I can ever remember. You would expect better control if they were kicking a rugby ball around, it truly is dreadful. This shower have absolutely no hope of staying up.

It's difficult to decide whether the biggest shambles is on or off the pitch.