Jump to content
Donate to keep the site running Read more... ×
Subscribe - contribute monthly Read more... ×
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
RUREADY2ROLL

Brizzle AWAY

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think we can finish above Ipswich and Rotherham, not sure about reading. 

Me too. Reading are playing well, and I fear they will run rings round us. I think millwall are more likely to go down than reading. But in truth we will be well adrift by Easter, we are kidding ourselves if we think otherwise. Our only win since September was at home v Rotherham, we just don't belong in this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, captainmed said:

I admire your optmimism but we have no chance IMO.

The players simply arent good enough, the Manager is incompetent and when you add in all the turmoil off the pitch, this is the result.

I truly believe that we will be relegated by mid April, perhaps @ Derby like last time.

We will finish bottom of the league, of that I have little doubt.

Like Mounts said, it’s a similar feel to the 80’s.

I saw virtually every home game in the 80s and loads away and it was never this bad. Yes we had some drubbings but never did we routinely not have a shot and we never, ever played without 2 strikers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Be surprised to see him play for us again

If we end up there he won't even make the bench in league one next season

Utterly pointless signing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We will need the transfer embargo lifting and some very shrewd loan signings if we are to stay up. But who’s gonna loan anyone to us given our treatment of clubs who’ve loan us players recently? 

Wouldn’t trust him with £5

proven time after time after time he can’t make signings. Neither free or with money. His record is an absolute disgrace. 

The list of players who have come and gone and made us worse is incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eavesy said:

Wouldn’t trust him with £5

proven time after time after time he can’t make signings. Neither free or with money. His record is an absolute disgrace. 

The list of players who have come and gone and made us worse is incredible.

What moneys he had? And when you are shopping bargain basement your going to have lots of players who ain’t up to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eavesy said:

Wouldn’t trust him with £5

proven time after time after time he can’t make signings. Neither free or with money. His record is an absolute disgrace. 

The list of players who have come and gone and made us worse is incredible.

His signings are probably worse than Sammy Lee;s bag of shit that he brought in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

His signings are probably worse than Sammy Lee;s bag of shit that he brought in

Major difference is the money SL had to play with and the fuck all PP has had to play with. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I saw virtually every home game in the 80s and loads away and it was never this bad. Yes we had some drubbings but never did we routinely not have a shot and we never, ever played without 2 strikers. 

I’m think very early 80s, losing the likes of Paul jones, Tony Henry, Neil redfearn and borrows because we couldn’t afford them and replacing with the likes of mcilhiney, graham bell and such like, not winning away for years, think it was worst back then but we’re going that way at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buckley’s celebration.

is that him doing the hand to ear celebration to Bolton fans again?

shit house.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's 3 from 4 and at least we have 2 of them at home.

BUT we need other wins and I haven't a clue where they are coming from.  We don't create enough chances and the pressure on the defence is bound to mean leaked goals.

So the outlook is grim and I can only predict the inevitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Probably  feels like early eighties before the real rot set in when attendances bottomed out at 4500 

Dont think things are quite so desperate despite a really shitty few months 

Not overly optimistic but its a four horse race now which we need to win .

Could do without the off pitch bullshit though.

 

To put those 5,000 crowds in perspective  (our worst average), the bottom 14 in the top division in 1985 averaged 15,000. Nowadays it's 30k. Yes everyone has doubled their crowds, thanks partly to all seater stadiums resulting in more season ticket holders alongside very cheap kids tickets. So if the 80s was happening now we would have still got 10k, and that would have been the actual crowd not the published 1 as now. Not sure what my point is tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whichever side you sit on on the Parky debate the standard of football being served up is worse than I can ever remember. You would expect better control if they were kicking a rugby ball around, it truly is dreadful. This shower have absolutely no hope of staying up.

  It's difficult to decide whether the biggest shambles is on or off the pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were utter dogshit again today, but at least they looked like they were trying. And I got to see a goal before i go home ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen the goals, what on earth is the goalie doing for the first and we are at sixes and sevens for the second.  

Crap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biganddaft said:

I really think our only chance is a new manager to try to get summat out of these players, it's a long shot but christ we need to try something surely, when I saw we were one up today I had no confidence whatsoever we would hang on it hardly registered with me, I have not been this pissed off since the 80s

Me too. There were times in the 90s and 2000s when I would be celebrating going 1-0 up away from home by running round the garden chanting the name of the scorer etc. Today I was going on skybet to put a fiver on Bristol to win but before I could get it done the odds were slashed by the equaliser. Sad times when even occasional good moments cant be enjoyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could be relegated at blackburn at Easter! I shuddered when I wrote that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dazl1212 said:

Who would you like to replace him? Not being a dick here, I'm genuinely interested. 

I'd love us to come up with a shrewd one like villa have with Brentford's ex manager. I know they lost today but he gets results and they play decent enough football. Anyone like that in the lower leagues we could attract?

With Nathan Jones gone to Stoke....1 of Gareth Ainsworth, John Coleman or Grant McCann.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given a change in manager is pretty unlikely till we go down again, any new bloke is better off having a clear run at it in League 1, hopefully with new blood and money above him. The Cowley brothers at Lincoln, Michael Flynn at Newport. I'd also have said Kenny Jacket but he'll take Portsmouth up while we go down. Steve Clarke done a great job at Kilmarnock too, might fancy a go at English league again. 

If we do get new owners by Summer however, they might have their own ideas, which may be a bit left field 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

The 80's were bad. I hated those years. I really didn't think that I'd ever think that things were as bad as then. I've said on other threads that the younger element who've only ever known us heading upwards, and/or life in the Prem, really don't understand how shit it can be supporting BWFC and nowt compares to the 80's

I've changed my opinion. This is worse..........

Normid vs Winding-up orders

Old men sat in a wood-panelled room around a committee table saying fuck all vs a chairman spouting on social media

(Relatively) Flat pricing vs stupid pricing

Players that gave a shit because they didn't earn enough from football vs players that earn more in a month than a lot of supporters earn in a year despite being shit

Gordon Sharrock vs Marc Iles

Fanzines vs Social media

We are going down. I expect nothing else. I have no optimism any more. I accepted it in the '80's and, along with many Wanderers, got on with it, and got my arse off my seat and went to Wrexham, Chesterfield and other salubrious shitholes, and revelled in the fact that all we cared about was arguing whether Trevor Morgan, Gary Henshaw and their ilk were shit or not

Nowadays it's just constant negativity, fuelled by social media, that drives some supporters to be m0ngtards

I have no answer. I'm a grumpy old fucker, fuelled by the 70's, longing for the days when social media didn't dictate football and BWFC

Great post. When football is miserable it really is miserable. 

Twitter is an absolute nightmare, more than FB, comments sections and forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

The 80's were bad. I hated those years. I really didn't think that I'd ever think that things were as bad as then. I've said on other threads that the younger element who've only ever known us heading upwards, and/or life in the Prem, really don't understand how shit it can be supporting BWFC and nowt compares to the 80's

I've changed my opinion. This is worse..........

Normid vs Winding-up orders

Old men sat in a wood-panelled room around a committee table saying fuck all vs a chairman spouting on social media

(Relatively) Flat pricing vs stupid pricing

Players that gave a shit because they didn't earn enough from football vs players that earn more in a month than a lot of supporters earn in a year despite being shit

Gordon Sharrock vs Marc Iles

Fanzines vs Social media

We are going down. I expect nothing else. I have no optimism any more. I accepted it in the '80's and, along with many Wanderers, got on with it, and got my arse off my seat and went to Wrexham, Chesterfield and other salubrious shitholes, and revelled in the fact that all we cared about was arguing whether Trevor Morgan, Gary Henshaw and their ilk were shit or not

Nowadays it's just constant negativity, fuelled by social media, that drives some supporters to be m0ngtards

I have no answer. I'm a grumpy old fucker, fuelled by the 70's, longing for the days when social media didn't dictate football and BWFC

Great post. Yes Henshaw was Div 4 standard all day long. Morgan had a bit of quality at times, e.g. the winner at Huddersfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

If we end up there he won't even make the bench in league one next season

Utterly pointless signing

 

Made even more bizarre by the fact that we had Clough last year, who he also had no interest in playing.

If he is in charge of bringing players in, it'd probably be an idea to stop signing 4ft playmakers.

Edited by Tombwfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NZtrotter said:

We were utter dogshit again today, but at least they looked like they were trying. And I got to see a goal before i go home ......

That coats been unlucky :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

If we end up there he won't even make the bench in league one next season

Utterly pointless signing

It was pointless, it suggested that we were going to look at a different way of playing or at least mix it up a bit but bar the game at home to Hull (?) where has he started him and done anything like build a team around him?

To have bombed him out of entire squads time and time again is bizarre. To me personally it suggests he's either shit - so a disastrous signing - or he wasn't really Parkinson's man, like perhaps ALF, but KA specifically stated in his notes this week that the manager is responsible for every signing, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Great post. Yes Henshaw was Div 4 standard all day long. Morgan had a bit of quality at times, e.g. the winner at Huddersfield. 

Fuck me. Someone else who was there at Leeds Road for Trevor Morgan's toe-bunger against Huddersfield

Absolutely pissing it down. Wanderers packing out that big uncovered terrace behind one end. Being locked in at the end and then having bricks chucked at us when the coppers finally opened the gates

Thoroughly miserable and soaking wet night but that terrace gave it all that night in support

No bitching about the state of the club. Just pure support for the men in white. Not one mention of ownership, local journalists, Normid, just full on backing for the team on the pitch

So sad that those days have gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.