Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brizzle AWAY

RUREADY2ROLL

The 51% rule is false. Far too many of our supporters are complete simpletons. 

I was an even bigger bellend than I am now when I was younger and as others have said the old guard having a quiet word worked a treat. Rightly or wrongly some of these folk will end up being punched at the protest (not by me as I am a bigger fanny than Garp).

People need to understand it’s shit and yes folk do want Anderson out but only if the club is ok going forward. He’s not forcing us to be shit is he.

3 hours ago, Big E said:

The 51% rule is false. Far too many of our supporters are complete simpletons. 

I was an even bigger bellend than I am now when I was younger and as others have said the old guard having a quiet word worked a treat. Rightly or wrongly some of these folk will end up being punched at the protest (not by me as I am a bigger fanny than Garp).

People need to understand it’s shit and yes folk do want Anderson out but only if the club is ok going forward. He’s not forcing us to be shit is he.

Well said Big E

16 hours ago, Traf said:

These aren't 16 yr olds, though. These are fully grown adults.

True unfortunately, some of our biggest bell ends don't have the age excuse. Was one guy a few seasons ago appeared behind our seats in WSL . Every other word was effing this and effing that and 'break his effing legs' when opposition was running at us. I'm no monk and have let slip a few times but this was relentless and in end my dad turned round and asked him to cut it out as his grandson was sat just in front. Even this guys mates were embarrassed but he wouldn't shut up gave the old fella some abuse back and then kept shouting stuff like Fu@k..oh we are not allowed to swear' for the rest of match, in end had to grab old of the old fella he was going to turn round and smack him one. Think most aggro I've had at match has been from other Bolton fans come to think of it. Some real bell ends, mostly good lads as well of course but some real whoppers

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, snowball said:

True unfortunately, some of our biggest bell ends don't have the age excuse. Was one guy a few seasons ago appeared behind our seats in WSL . Every other word was effing this and effing that and 'break his effing legs' when opposition was running at us. I'm no monk and have let slip a few times but this was relentless and in end my dad turned round and asked him to cut it out as his grandson was sat just in front. Even this guys mates were embarrassed but he wouldn't shut up gave the old fella some abuse back and then kept shouting stuff like Fu@k..oh we are not allowed to swear' for the rest of match, in end had to grab old of the old fella he was going to turn round and smack him one. Think most aggro I've had at match has been from other Bolton fans come to think of it. Some real bell ends, mostly good lads as well of course but some real whoppers

We have one behind us, also in WSL. Against Leeds we had a few extra folk in our immediate area. I got talking to them and there were absolutely no issues. When Leeds scored one of the group stood and politely clapped...

You'd think he'd turned round and pissed in this bloke's pocket or something! He was shouting the odds, beckoning the stewards, running down for stewards when none came. Eventually, one of the chief stewards came up and I explained that there were no issues but this dick was relentless. "Get the wankers out!" A few of the group were Danish and spoke to the steward explaining they were here, not as Leeds supporters but as neutrals. They were here for the weekend and were off to Old Trafford next day.

The bloke behind was red with rage. "Do you know what pisses me off?" he asked me.

"Absolutely everything, listening to you go on!" I replied (I was quite please with my retort)

I may as well have poleaxed the fucker. He never said a word for the rest of the game. I think he's probably late 60s but what an angry bastard he is.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, snowball said:

my lad who is 8, has done 3 years in the ESL and he has started questioning why some folk are so angry all the time, shouting at opposing players and fans, before they have actually anything untoward.

now i know its happened for years, but we certainly have more blokes giving it both barrels these days than i remember in recent history.

Edited by HomerJay

We have a bloke sits behind us known as ‘Angry Man’. He goes all over watching them and when not watching is fine. He takes the whole thing far too seriously. 

As as for the protests I still do not know what they hope to achieve. But fans are becoming divided anti Ken or Pro Ken. Anti Parky or pro Ken with very little tolerance of anyone with an opposing view. 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Ani said:

But fans are becoming divided anti Ken or Pro Ken.

I'm not sure it's anti or pro ken. It seems to be anti-Ken or come-back-when-you-find-a-replacement-for-Ken.

The consensus appears to be being anti-Ken is fine but if it leaves us with a rudderless ship we're probably worse off.

29 minutes ago, Ani said:

We have a bloke sits behind us known as ‘Angry Man’. He goes all over watching them and when not watching is fine. He takes the whole thing far too seriously. 

As as for the protests I still do not know what they hope to achieve. But fans are becoming divided anti Ken or Pro Ken. Anti Parky or pro Ken with very little tolerance of anyone with an opposing view. 

Who is the Angry as fuck guy who sits at the front of ESL? Now he is one angry get

• Moderators
4 hours ago, MickyD said:

We have one behind us, also in WSL. Against Leeds we had a few extra folk in our immediate area. I got talking to them and there were absolutely no issues. When Leeds scored one of the group stood and politely clapped...

You'd think he'd turned round and pissed in this bloke's pocket or something! He was shouting the odds, beckoning the stewards, running down for stewards when none came. Eventually, one of the chief stewards came up and I explained that there were no issues but this dick was relentless. "Get the wankers out!" A few of the group were Danish and spoke to the steward explaining they were here, not as Leeds supporters but as neutrals. They were here for the weekend and were off to Old Trafford next day.

The bloke behind was red with rage. "Do you know what pisses me off?" he asked me.

"Absolutely everything, listening to you go on!" I replied (I was quite please with my retort)

I may as well have poleaxed the fucker. He never said a word for the rest of the game. I think he's probably late 60s but what an angry bastard he is.

watch on with amusement at that

and however big a bellend he may be, that bloke with his son nearer to us is worse

It's the vocal anti-Ken group that are making it pro or anti ie you're either with them or you're pro-Ken.

I'm not with them and I'm not pro-Ken, but I'm happy to accept that Ken is still currently the only game in town. No credible solution is being put forward by the protesters, possibly because there isn't one.

I'm now almost coming to the point where I'm thinking that if Ken really is a secured football creditor and he'll get paid no matter what happens, then let's go into administration, let Ken walk away from the rubble and see what happens next, because (a) that won't be pretty and (b) it might not be better than now. 

• Site Supporter

For the record (and not that anyone gives a shit) , even though I have ken as my avatar I am not pro-ken either. The blokes a greasy businessman with very poor morals and I think we will be in a better place when he's gone.

But also, he will be happy when he has gone, as he will have made some money and we will all be in a better place. We must all agree that he is only in his to make money. But to get there his job is to be ruthless and sometimes being a cunt comes within that remit. He has some very hard decisions to make.

What i don't get, is that folk can't see how much shit we were in before, and how much Eddie did to bail us out again and again. So for ken to do that without such funds (I know he has been helped by Eddie) is nothing short of a miracle. 

At the end of the day, I just want a club to support, and for my lad and his lad to support. If that means pissing a few folk off along the way, then so be it.

Edited by HomerJay

9 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Aye. I suppose for some, it is a lot easier to bitch about the person who is having to make the tough/unpopular decisions than it is to be the person who is having to actually make those tough/unpopular decisions.

A very pertinent point that folk rarely understand until they are there person having to do that in one guise or another 

• The topic was unpinned