Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Books

ohjimmyjimmy

15 minutes ago, Boothy said:

I think I've recommended before but The Dirty War by Martin Dillon is absolutely compelling reading and as good a place to start as any for an essential read about The Troubles in NI.

looks good that

good thread this, keep them coming

• 11 months later...
On 21/12/2019 at 15:57, deane koontz said:

American Kingpin is very good! It's about The Silk Road site which was selling drugs and weapons on the dark web a few years ago. Also got The Looming Tower on the go.

I'm in audiobook mode right now because reading is too much like hard work .

Just finished it now. Best book I've read.... or err listened to in some time.

• Members

I read a lot of Stephen Kings novels. Last year I read the entire Dark Tower series. It is superb. Somehow they put Idris Elba, Matthew McConaughey into a film about it and totally fucked it up. 
Amazon have picked it up to do a TV series which should be great 

• 2 months later...
On 03/01/2019 at 22:04, Boby Brno said:

The Bernie Gunther series of books by Philip Kerr should keep you occupied for quite a while if you get into them. 

Just dug a few out of the garage. Looking forward to reading them all again. Could have quite a bit of time on my hands soon.

Edited by Boby Brno

2 hours ago, deane koontz said:

What's everybody currently reading?

Just finished Atomic Habits twas interesting. Think I'm going to start The Boy on The Shed. I hear good things

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/38581848-the-boy-on-the-shed

On the Kindle I’ve disappeared down a Vietnam War and Northern Ireland Troubles wormhole both of which fascinate me

Actual books - just about to finish “A Smell Of Burning” - wow, just fucking wow- living with epilepsy - heart rending stuff

12 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

On the Kindle I’ve disappeared down a Vietnam War and Northern Ireland Troubles wormhole both of which fascinate me

Actual books - just about to finish “A Smell Of Burning” - wow, just fucking wow- living with epilepsy - heart rending stuff

What's a good book about the troubles? I feel i should know more about the subject given it's on my doorstep.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Andrea Pirlos autobiography - I think therefore I play. Great book. Had the pleasure of doing a coaching session in New York with work and I was in utter awe at how effortless of a footballer he was. Absolutely born to play football. 
He Was close to joining Man City he got to Manchester and it was hammering it down his wife stayed in the hotel and she said not a chance, few days later he was in New York